Chapter 20

Chapter 20 Thrill

Levi Squad

The squad was fianlly able to see the forest up ahead. But Levi noticed something coming their way. When he squinted to get a better look he realized that they were wearing their uniform. The two soldiers ran over to them with sweat running down their faces.

"What's going on? Where's the rest of your team?" Levi halted his horse.

"They've been captured!"

"Get on with someone, you're going to lead us there! Everyone get going!" Levi ordered his steed to move faster. Hanji spurred her horse to catch up with him.

"Levi, slow down a bit! Everyone's getting left behind!"

"It's Rowtag, I knew it was a bad idea to let him go. How stupid can she get!?" He growled.

"We can still save her!"

"She never listens! Now, not only is Erwin able to fight but...!"

"Levi!" Hanji yelled making him snap out of his frustration. "Don't worry, you won't lose anyone else, I promise." She softly smiled making him slow down.

Once they reached the forest, Levi ordered the two surviors to lead the way.

"At this point, it's best that we continue on foot." The soldier climbed off the horse and checked his gear. "We barely have any fuel left."

"Alright then. You two take a horse and call for back up. We'll continue on with the mission, but you must hurry." Levi jumped off his horse and swung up the trees. The rest followed him and continued on.

"Captain Levi, what's the plan!?" Armin asked hesitantly.

"Right now, we must keep an eye out for their hunters for both day and night. If someone sees us then Rowtag will know that we're here for our friends." Levi turned back, facing his new team. "everyone pair up now!"

"Yes sir!" they yelled back and formed into groups of two.

Everytime they encountered a titan, they were forced to hide rather than fight. After another day passing by, the team began to grow more weary due to hunger.

"How's everyone doing?" Hanji moved over to Mikasa and Eren during their break. Eren's stomach began to rumble loudly.

"Pretty hungry." he rubbed his stomach.

"We should hunt for food." Mikasa said as she drew out her swords and stared down at a deer. Right when she was about to throw her sword at it, Hanji quickly stopped her.

"Everyone keep quite!" Levi hissed from the other side of the tree.

When the deer heard a twig snap it immediately ran off. From afar were two hunters, wearing leather vests and muddy, baggy pants. Both hunters wield a bow and arrow and ran after the deer.

"What should we do?" Jean whispered from the other tree.

"We must move from the direction they came from. Just follow their foot prints." Levi looked over his shoulder making sure that the two hunters were no longer visible.

All members kept a close watch of the ground as the footprints began to slowly fade away as they finally reached the river. Hanji took out her map.

"Well, there seems to be a rock pile at the end of this river. Accodring to Hima and Kai if we follow this river further down it'll lead us to the ocean."

"Isn't that a fishing spot." Armin looked over at the map.

"It's very likely that they'd stay there. I haven't really seen a lot of animals for them to hunt." Levi jumped over to a branch closer to them. "We must be more careful, now that we're on their lands."

"Armin, isn't this exciting? We'll finally see the ocean, remember when we were kids." Eren smiled at Armin.

"To see the world." Armin smiled to himself as he moved ahead.

"Hey guys, enough with the chatting!" Jean yelled as he swung ahead of the group.

******************************

The Tribe

Rowtag roamed around the village, happliy looking over his hard work. He managed to take control of all the people, both tribes now looked towards him for guidance and safety. He tricked them all by using an outrageous story that Kano had died from his illness and the family had died on their way to perform a guardian ritual.

"Cheif Rowtag, we've caught two sacks of fish. We won't need to go hunting for another week." Alonzo came to him.

Rowtag looked out to the sun which was beginning to set.

"Has the hunting team come back yet?"

"No, but I must ask where is..."

"Chief Rowtag!" cried a young man who was part of the hunting team.

"Tell me are they here?" He looked down at the boy as he knelt to the ground.

"Yes chief, they're over by the river now. They'll probably make it here by morning."

"Alonzo, make the preparations and tell Obin to evacuate everyone. I don't want anyone else to get involved with this." he smirked.