Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Promise

The room was filled with hot, harsh wind. Everyone flew back from the strong blow. All soldiers clinged on to each other's arm, but within a second the wind stopped. As the air cleared, they simultaneously gasped at the sight of the creature.

With her head bowed down, they had a full view of what was protruding from her back. On her back were fleshy, decrepit looking wing like structures. Her arms had been changed and grew more muscular with bones sticking out of them. Fascinated, Hanji slowly walked over to the being.

"Hanji, stand back!" Levi called after her, but due to his leg and exhaustion he wasn't able to stand. Instead Mikasa gradually got up and went after her.

"Squad leader Hanji! It's too dangerous to go near her." Mikasa gripped her arm.

"S-she's the Angel Titan."

"It's more like demon titan."

Once Hanji jad reached the creature, she knelt down to check the actual human underneath. Cheoki's eyes were wide awake but something seemed off about her. Cheoki suddenly lifted her head, the others reacted by drawing out their swords.

"Why isn't she attacking?" Jean trembled from the shock.

"If you look in her eyes, she's not even there." Hanji leaned closer to her face

"What do you mean?" Armin stepped closer accidently kicking a rock. From it's echoing noise, Cheoki's "wings" began to move causing the walls to break.

She stared at them with dead, blank eyes. The team had no choice but to quickly evacuate. As they exited, the sound of walls crumbling grew louder. Once it had finally stopped, Levi got up and took charge.

"We can't let her escape! She's now a valuable witness since Annie's unreachable. Do all you can to get her back!"

"Yes sir!" the three quickly used their 3D Manuever's to track down the Angel Titan.

"A flying titan, would be very interesting to see." Hanji smiled with eager eyes

" I'm just grateful that she can't change to a full titan."

"But she's getting there. Her eyes were glassy like as if she was sleep walking. If she goes to sleep maybe she'll change properly. She's just clinging on to something."

"She's not fully aware."