Chapter 9

Chapter 9 She Speaks

Annie was taken to the dungen and was going to be put through a series of testings. As for Erwin, he was taken in for questioning, hopefully he wasn't imprisoned. Levi had told me to stay away from her but I needed to know more.

Next week, Hanji was gonna try to open it and run some experiments. I planned to leave at night and free Annie. There was something I wanted to ask her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi sat in his chair, rubbing his head. Hanji gradually joined him, bringing a cup of coffee to keep themselves up.

"Do you really believe you can open that ice case?"

"Hopefully we can. I have an enormous amount of questions that need answering."

"Creepy as usually." Levi reached over to grab his cup but was disturbed by a clatter downstairs near the dungen.

"Someone's here." he said getting up from his chair and drawing out his swords.

"How could someone get in, we have guards down there." Hanji followed him.

The two slowly creaked the door open, hearing a voice echo the empty halls. On the floor, they found the guards, knocked out. As they continued down the voice grew stronger.

"Please come out Annie. I really need your help and I'm so scared. What they try to kill me? Please Annie!"

Hanji gasped at the sound of the voice. Both slowly looked over and found a figure pointing its sword at them. With it's hood up and the light away from it's face, the figure stood still. But Levi was just as quick, with his sword pointed at it's throat.

"It' pretty late don't you think?" he joked. "What are doing here, Cheoki?"

The figure sighed and lifted it's face to the light. Her eyes were red and puffy, probably from remorse.

"Don't step any closer!" She yelled as she drew a gun from behind. Her face looked both psychotic and sorrowful as if she murdered someone.

"Cheoki, how could you do this to us?" Hanji said still in denial.

"I'm so sorry, to the both you. But I can't let this one go." She cocked the gun as a warning. Levi sighed and lowered his arm.

"You lied." Levi said coldly. Cheoki's face contorted as though she was shot in the heart.

"Cheoki, you were in on this? How could you betray us like this?" Hanji glared at her, waiting for an answer.

"It's alot more complicated than it seems. I wasn't involved at first but then..." she looked away afraid to continue on.

"That day at the alley. What really happened?" Levi quickly raised his arm, the point of the sword trickled with blood.

"Those men when they tried to force me down, I simply fought back." she looked at the wall behind them.

"Oh really, a girl who was weak from starvation and exhaustion, successfully fought off those big thugs."

"Y-you are a titan." Hanji butted in.

"You can say that, though I was never able to transform fully. I can only stengthen certain parts of my body." Her eyes turned to Levi, sorrowfully.