Chapter 6 part 3

Chapter 6 part 3

It was obvious to me that he was driven by anger and vengence.

"Your avenging their deaths aren't you." I mumbled

"What are talking about?" his grip
Loosened

I looked up to him with tears running down my eyes.

"Before you guys found me, I found your teams bodies out in the fields. I know they belonged to you! I burned them, I burned their bodies because I couldn't let them get eaten!" I began to cry but oddly he wasn't.

"Why aren't you sad?!"

"They...fought bravely and were terrific soldiers. But that's in the past now, we must keep moving on." he had a grim expression on his face. I grabbed his shoulders so that he could face me properly.

"Don't you have feelings?! I know you have a heart under all that anger but that doesn't mean you have to be that way. As a leader it's okay to show weakness, it shows that you're human!" he stared at me with dead eyes.

"You don't have to hold in it anymore!"
I broke down crying. For some strange reason this hurt me more than him.

Looking away he patted my head.

"Thank you for worrying about me." for the first time I felt warmth in his dull voice. I rested my head on his shoulder and whispered.

"This world is dark and cruel. Once people see the different side of you they will either praise or shun you. People like us are special, they will destroy you if you don't destroy them first." I felt Levi turn his head to me

"That's what she told me." I whispered.

*************************************

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been writing alot. It's been a craazy week especially if you're a junior. Anyways, can you guess who Cheoki did encounter?