Chapter 1 part 2

Chapter 1 part 2

My father kept on walking and gazed into the sky.

"I'm sorry Papa, but I can't marry him tomorrow. He's everything I can't stand."

He stopped several times, listening for the giants and making sure we were completely alone.

" I'm sorry my dear but I'm doing this for the good of our tribe."

" I know" I sighed as I tried to keep up with him

My mother and every other woman has been working day and night trying to get our wedding ready. We stayed at the hillside right next to the mountains, so we'd be able to hide from the giants for a while.

~~~~the next morning~~~~

"Cheoki, it's time!! Today is the big day!" my tent was filled with various flowers and squealing girls.

All the girls helped me get ready as I sat there in shock. This wedding was like selling my life away or being eaten by a giant. What should I do!? I thought to my self.

I was dressed in white and held a bouquet of wild white flowers. My long dark haired was braided down my back and I was bathed in the freshes of all fruit. Everyone was extremely exciting but me.

As everyone else was getting ready I decided to go out on my own. I quietly grabbed my bear coat and pulled up my hood revealing a bear head as a disguise. It's been proven that these giants will do no harm to animals.

I ran towards the woods seeking for some peace and quiet before my life was over. When I was sure I was alone I feel to knees and began to sob.

" I don't want this! I don't want this at all!" I cried. But I quickly seized my sobs when I suddenly felt the ground shake.

About 20 feet in front of me was a giant walking around, probably hungry. I immediately hid behind a tree and spied on it. The giant began to inhale deeply and salivated to the scent of food.

Oh no, everyone is probably trying to cook a feast for the wedding, I thought

I had to stop this giant or maybe run ahead to warn everyone. I quickly drew out my Howler, which is a special whitsle we use to communicate, and blew on it without even thinking. By the time I looked up, the giant had seen my face and figured that I was his next meal.

The being leaned forward and tried to grab me, but within a split second I slid between his legs and ran toward the tribe. At this point, I continued on whistling hoping someone must have heard. Thankfully, this being wasn't as fast as the others, but this scene will attract more.

When I looked up and saw black smoke, I knew I was getting close. From a distance I heard the panicking screams of mothers and children. Finally, I was out of the forest.

"Everyone, run!!" I screamed

The being made it to the village where both Mis Tribe and Bullheads were waiting. They held their torches and began to burn the giant's feet.