Chapter 16 part 3

Chapter 16 part 3

At the end of the fight, Cheoki was brought to her room and Rowtag was escorted back to the dungens. It was oretty clear to see who won but Rowtag grew even more suspicious of the place.

"There's no way she obtain that type of strength. It almost seemed inhuman." He told Hanji before he went inside his cell.

"It's possible for people to gain amazing strength in their greatest time of need." Hanji closed the cell and locked it.

"Am I just a slave here now?"

"Technically it's all up to Cheoki now, she won the fight."

"How do I know you didn't give her any drugs to stimulate her strength?"

"If I did then there wouldn't have been any point to this fight." Hanji answered before she left the dungeon.

Hanji walked up to Erwin's office were he already had Levi and Rico waiting.

"Your late." Levi pointed out.

"Sorry but I just had a small chat with our inmate. So what are going to do?"

"I've decided that we should activate both plans. We're running out of time." Erwin answered.

"Right now as we speak more titans are carwling in here. The Stationary guards are growing weary, we must get to that basement before it is over run." Rico chimed in.

"Rico's right, we must act now. Hanji, you and Levi are to go to Shiganshina. You'll be taking Eren, Mikasa, and Jean. I'll be going to the forest along with the natives, Cheoki, Connie, Sasha and Armin." Erwin explained as he drew out a chart.

"How are you going to fight or ride a horse with one arm?" Rico questioned his plan.

"I'm glad you asked. Cheoki will be riding with me, so she's be helping me steer the horse and fight. Sorry Levi but I'll be borrowing your shadow for this mission." he smiled though Levi showed no response.

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

I woke up that night and remembered I was victorious today. I went up to Erwin's office which had light under the door. I softly knocked on it.

"Come in." he called behind it.

I slowly opened the door and there Erwin sat writing down a new battle plan.

"Erwin, I know what I must do tomorrow. I'll be sending Rowtag away to search for the rest of my tribe while we get ready for the mission."

Erwin looked up.
"Are you sure about that? Well then I should tell you that you won't be going on the mission to Shiganshina instead you and I will be going to the forest."

"But why?"

"We're running out of time. The whole is growing bigger, soon the titans will be crawling in here. It's best to act now than wait."

"I see."

"But in your request we'll be freeing Rowtag and make sure he'll leave. As for the others?"

"They'll be staying with me for the mission."

The next morning I had several soldiers come with me to send Rowtag and Alonzo, who was his faithful servant. Once we were clear of titans I gave him a pack of essentials and some food.

"Just go back to the village and I'll meet you guys there. You are to tell Kano of my victory and get this whole wedding sorted out. understood?"

"You have grown colder." he said with a sigh as he took the bag. I held on to his hand before he left.

"Rowtag, I don't mean to be so cruel to you. But I don't share the same feeling as you do, I feel them towards someone else. I feel the devotion and love that you feel but it's toward another." I took out the beads from my pocket and handed them to him. "I can't be with you."

With shakey hands he reluctantly accepted the beads and breathed heavily.

"There really is nothing I can do to change your mind, huh?" He fought back his tears and stared blankly at his hand. I slowly closed his hand and nudged it over to him.

"I'm afraid not, this was what I dislike about your plan. Someday, somehow I was eventually going to fall in love with another when I wasn't in love with you to begin with. I didn't want to break your heart but now I see that there is no avoiding it." He clenched his fist and shoved the beads in his pocket.

"Our tribes may not merge now, Kano will be deeply upset."

"I'm most likely the new heir and this is the decision I have made." I looked over at Alonzo, who gave me the disappointed look.

"Good bye you two." I handed both a small white flower. Neither spoke a word and soon disappeared into the horizon on the horses they had borrowed.

Their ride to the forest was quiet and full of tension. Rowtag had not said a single word since they had left the wall.

"Young Chief, there is something on your mind." Alonzo broke the silence.

"I believe that those people are evil and are the cause of all these giants. Clearly they did something to Cheoki, maybe even brainwashed her."

"Are going to tell Chief Kano about this?"

"We will go to war and get our princess back!"

"Well if your so willing to fight them why don't you join us?" a voice laughed from the trees.

The two immediately stopped their horses and drew their arrows.

"Please there's no need for that." from the dark bark of the trees a hooded figure appeared to them.

"Are you a spy from the walls?" Rowtag asked refusing to lower his weapon.

"No, in fact we're warriors like you two. It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Reiner." he smiled as he pulled down his hood.