Chapter 31 part 3

Chapter 31 part 3

Levi cradled the lifeless doll for two hours until finally help had come to them. Lurking from the trees, the tribe jumped down and were flabbergasted to see the body that Levi embraced.

Kano and Muta cried once they saw Levi. Muta sat beside him, kissing her daughter's face. As Kano walked over to them, Levi handed him Cheoki's last will to her father.

Kano gradually took the item and patted Levi's back. Kano got up on his feet and let out a long howl to the sky. The rest of the tribe, raised their fists in the air and joined him as well.

"Cheoki, no!" Kai cried out loudly as he fell to his knees.

The tribe decided to give her a proper burial on that same day. They carried her body back to the cave. Everyone gathered flowers from the clearing and placed them in one of their small boats. Once it was completely filled, they placed Cheoki inside.

But before that they cleaned her up and allowed Hanji to drain out as much blood as she could take. Although they did put on the same wedding dress since it was still her wedding day.

With her dark hair spread out, Kai put small white flowers in her hair and kissed her goodbye. As for Hima, she took off the bracelet that Akuma had given her and placed it in her hands.

"I love you Cheoki." she sniffled as she backed away from the boat.

The scouting legion all took turns saying a prayer by the boat. The last to go were Armin, Eren and Mikasa.

"Cheoki, if it wasn't for you I would've fulfilled my dream. Thank you bringing us to the ocean." Armin whispered to her as he placed his flower.

"Cheoki, you are the strongest girl I've ever met. I'm glad you died happy knowing he loves back." Mikasa said placing her flower down.

"Cheoki, thank you for this journey. I have my father back and now I can be cured from my titan powers. You are the martyr for the new beginning. I'm glad you finally found peace." Eren wiped his eyes as he placed his flower.

The last was Levi, who stood quietly over the boat. He ripped off his patch and placed it on her chest.

"These are your wings to help you soar to heaven. I'll never forget about you. Cheoki, I love you. Please wait for me."

After their goodbyes, they moved the body to the beach that night. Hanto blessed the body before they had finally pushed her into the ocean.

The next morning the scouting legion was making their leave. They packed up all their bags and were given extra horses.

"I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish we could've saved her." Erwin said to Kano.

"She always finds her way back home, no matter what." Kano sighed to himself still holding on to the beads.

"Thank you for everything." Erwin and Kano shook hands.

"Thank you for saving my daughter." Kano sighed to himself and went off to his wife.

Hima went over to scouting legion giving each of the members a hug good bye. After that she gave them an extra bag of food just in case.

"I believe this is the last time we'll ever meet." She looked over to Levi and placed a small sewed white flower.
"Keep her in your heart." She smiled wearily and sniffled softly.

"Thank you for all your help Hima." Levi patted her shoulder and went by the ocean to take one last look at the view.

"Come on Levi, we must get going before it gets too dark!" Hanji called out to him.

Before he left he took one last look at the beach. By the shore was a young girl waving over to him. She splashed in the water and smiled at him. Levi waved back and left to join with the rest of the team.

~~~~~~10 years later~~~~~~~

Eren, Mikasa and Armin all met up with each other. All wore black on that bright sunny day.

"It seems a lot brighter with the walls down." Armin shield his eyes from the sun.

"It sure does." Mikasa reached her hand to hold onto to Eren's.
"Are you okay?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I'm alright. We better get there quickly." Eren smiled gently.

At the ceremony, they met up with the rest of their team. After an hour when the ceremony was over, Eren walked over to Erwin who was alone with Hanji.

"Eren, it's been a while hasn't it?" Hanji greeted him with a tired smile.

"Thanks to you I'm feeling a whole lot better."

"Well, it wasn't all me." Hanji wiped her tears.

"I'm just glad that he died in his sleep. He was a fantastic officer. I'm sure he's really well rested now." Eren crouched down and placed a rose on the tombstone.

"He was a great friend of mine. Keep your friends close to you, Eren." Erwin said holding back his tears. "I hope you find Cheoki, Levi. Both you rest in peace." A single tear escaped.

************************

As Levi stood by his grave watching his team mourn for him, behind him a light flashed. A girl stood by him and reached her hand out to him. She glowed with youth and radiated warmth.

"You still waited for an old man like me?" He looked away.

"Hold my hand and see what happens." she urged him.

When Levi grabbed her hand, he instantly became young again. He touched her face for the first time in 10 years. He pressed his lips against hers and felt the same passion they both had long ago.

"I love you, Levi." She breathed.

"Thank you for waiting for me." he held her in his arms.

Together they walked back over to the light where everyone was waiting for them.

The End

Author's corner:

I just wanted to thank you all for reading this. I never thought that I'd reached this much votes and reads on this story. It sure was great writing this story.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I have. Again thank you all so much!!