Chapter 28 part 3

Chapter 28 part 3

We sat in silence. After a couple of mintues the expression on his face slowly faded and returned to it's usually look.

"Looks like Hanji and Grisha's efforts really pulled through. How are you feeling?" he turned his body around to face me.

"Happier. I'm not bed ridden anymore and I can finally catch up with evryone now. Hanji says in a couple of weeks I may be able to walk again." I smiled.

"Have you seen your bothers yet, or your mother? I hear them talking about this everyday when we're eating."

"No, I came to see you first."

"Why?"

"I wanted to thank you for bringing me flowers every night. It made me so happy to be greeted everyday with such beauty. I feel like they were the reasons why the nightmares had disappeared. But the main reason why I came to visit you first is because I felt that you've been avoiding me. Is that true?"

I looked close and hard into his eyes, hoping that he'd be honest. No matter what his reason was, I don't care. I just wanted to why he left in the dark all alone.

Levi stared blankly into my eyes and let out a long, exhausted sigh.

" I'm not sure why but I felt that your death was going to hit me even harder than the death of my troops. Seeing my previous team all dead consumed me and I didn't want to feel that all over again. Part of me said that you had no chance in survivng and the best way to deal with your fate was to be as distant as possible, acquaintances to be exact. If you were to die I hoped to not watch it or even make it a quick one." He said dully.

After hearing that I had a huge urge to slap him or maybe even pushing him off the cliff and watch him drown to death.

But I also felt hurt and just wanted to cry so that he'll suffer from watching me suffer from his words. I squeezed my hands into tight fists, gritted my teeth and stared at him with watery eyes. I was ready to destroy this man.

"However," He dared to continue "The other part of me needed to see you. It's been a while since I asked for a miracle because this world has been very cruel to not only me but to everyone else living both inside and outside the walls. So every night I watched over you because you were at peace during that time and I couldn't watch you suffer. Besides how could I leave when I still have a promise to keep. Do you remember it?"

I looked at him with eyes wide open. What was it? I've been so distracted with the tests and results that I couldn't remember it.

I zoned out for a moment and recalled the time when we were getting ready to leave for this mission. We stood in the stables with the horses whinning behind us. I was overly happy at that moment. Suddenly it clicked in my head.

"You asked me to marry you when this mission was over." I blinked my eyes and transported back into reality.

"I wasn't going to make the same mistake again. I wasn't going to miss another opprotunity."

I wiped the tears in my eyes and felt all of my anger slowly melt away. I felt his arm reach over my head and pull me close to him. He held me tightly in his arms, his muscles bulging out and his head resting on my shoulder, I felt like he was saying sorry for avoiding me. I hugged him back and kissed his cheek.

"You said you'd watch my back at all times." He breathed

"I'll always be there." I replied.

Our moment was interrupted by Erwin's awkward cough to get our attention.

"I can see you right there." Levi pointed out.

"Sorry but I didn't want to bother you two. I was just a afraid that this was going to get out of hand." He mocked us. I quickly pulled back with my face all red. I completely forgot that he was there.

"So..." I said awkwardly.

"Do you perfer Levi to carry you around for today?" He chuckled.

"I...um...well I.." I stumbled on my words but Levi gripped onto my shoulders and roughly pressed his lips against mine. Within a few seconds I pushed him off, my face burned from humiliation.

"I'll just walk back to the cave with you guys." Levi got up from his seat as Erwin, still laughing, picked me up from the ground.

The three of us walked back to the cave and helped around with the chores until Hanji and Grisha would call us back. I sat with my brothers and the scouting legion, finally being able to actually have a conversation with them.

We talked about the number of titans found in the woods and the cans of gas that Annie was able to get when she got the lab room. When lunch time came, Erwin carried me over to the fire where I got to eat a normal meal.

I did look around for my father but he was still out hunting and gathering herbs for medicines. After eating Hanji called me back for evaluation. I was placed back on the gurney and said goodbye to Erwin and Levi. Before leaving Levi handed me a flower and hugged me. Over and over he repeated that I going to be fine, after that he waved good bye and left.

" So, how was it?" Hanji asked as she seated herself beside my bed.

" It was great! The weather was nice and just seeing everyone really made me feel better. Thank you for eveything, Hanji."

"Aw, don't get all mushy around me!" She squealed with delight. " Now that you can speak, tell me about your thoughts when you were dying."

"Well, I was actually about to give up. I thought I was going to die before you guys could even get here."

"Your mother told me that you tossed and turned in your sleep after that seizure. Did you have some kind of dream?"

"Yeah, It was...really strange."

"How so?"

"Well, I was just outside sitting on the grass and bathing in the sun but then I noticed that it seemed to quiet. No one else was there except me. I looked around and called for everyone but still nothing. It wasn't until I turned around and saw someone in the forest."

"Do you who it was?" Hanji interrupted

"I couldn't see his face but he seemed familiar. I feel like I met him before, I just can't place it. He was there just watching me and then he said that I was going to experience the best thing in my life within a week. But it won't last long because something bad will happen right after that." I looked down at my flower and noticed that I was ripping it's petals and crushing it's fragile frame.

I zoned out for a minute and repeated my words over and over in my head. This warning could be either about my precious tribe or my new friends and lover. There was no way I could choose one over the other. Whoever this stranger is, he was planning to hurt my family.

"Cheoki? Cheoki? Did you hear me?" Hanji raised her voice and shook my arm gently.

"Sorry, coud you repeat that."

"I asked you if you had any idea what this happiest moment was? Maybe we could figure what the tragedy is and try to avoid it."

"I'm not sure. Today made me really happy." If I was really happy today then maybe a titan or something was going to crush everyone. "Hanji, what if it's today?!"

"If so then we'll have the troops protect your family. Good thing we got some gas, now we can use the manuever gears." she answered calmly "However, based on Jean's and Connie's perimeter check there hasn't been many titans running around here. They're all gathering around by the river for some reason but don't worry we'll be checking up on them."

Once my evaluation was over, I was left alone in the cave once again. I sat in silence staring up at the sky as it went from from firey orange to a deep shade of purple. When night came, Hima arrived to bring me outside to the fire. Around the fire everyone stared at me with wide eyes.

"What's going on?" I whispered in Hima's ear.

"Your father has an announcement."