Chapter 18

Chapter 18 Infamous Children

Hanji followed the trail of dead titans, in search of Levi.

"Levi!" she called and out from the corner of the next block Levi jumped out and killed two more titans with his brute strength. "What are you doing!?"

"Look over there!" he pointed towards where the trainees were at and the line of titans taking a short cut there. "we must kill those or at least get their attention so they can escape."

"Then we better get going!" Hanji jumped down and swung from building to building.

"I don't need to be protected." he murmured.

"We're partners here, there is no way you can kill of those in one breath. Besides I'm doing someone a favor." she smiled back at him.

"Tch, she's the one who needs baby sitting, not me." he sped up and killed another titan. Hanji went ahead and brought down two more titans ahead.

Levi surveyed the area and made sure that the trainees made it out in one piece. When he saw them up on the wall looking out for them, he drew out a small gun and shot green smoke. The trainees immediately began to climb down the other side.

"Hanji, let's go!"

The two easily avoided all the titans, who tried to take a bite out of them and reached the wall. When they climbed up the wall, Levi ordered all the guards to drop the crate of oil on the titans clawing at the wall and then he moved closer to the titans and dropped a match. The titans burst into flames and began to topple over each other.

"If any still try to climb, shoot them down." He said before he climbed down the wall.

When they reached the ground, they mounted their horses and headed back to the their base. When they had finally arrived, the trainees exhaled in relief to see them alive.

"Good job, everyone. Now, lets get this thing all worked out." Levi dismounted his horse and went inside the building.

Up in the library the team gathered around the table reading over the letter once again.

"So your great grandfather started all of this and the original is still out there." Hanji skimmed her eyes at the letter.

"I can't believe that it was my bloodline that started all of this." Eren sighed, Mikasa gently laid her hand on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault, you didn't start this. One man did." she tried to cheer him up.

"Well, he says that there are other involved. Hopefully their somewhere in these books." Hanji picked a book with the title Examinee engraved on the cover.

On the front page it said:

Superior Beings

As Hanji turned the page there were scribbles of illustrations of humans with great muscles and a scale of their strength. The next page was even more disturbing. There was a sketching of a girl with messy dark hair with frightening cloudy eyes. Beside her picture was a brief description of the victim.

Age: 4
Gender: Female
Number: Examinee No.1
Status: Comatose ( week later- fully transformed.) still alive
MISSING

Note: Examinees No.2-8 immediately died from chemicals.

The next page was a black and white photo young boy with light curly hair.

Age: 6
Gender: Male
Number: No. 9
Status: deceased (only lived to one week)

The next page had no photo, only a messy sketch of a young girl.

Age: 5
Gender: Female
Number: No.10
Status: most rebellious to conditioning and training.
MISSING

Next page, was a photograh of a baby.

Age: 1
Gender: Female
Number: No. 11
Status: within 4 years the baby has grown very strong and skilled.
RESTRAINED

Next, photo of another baby

Age: 1
Gender: Male
Number: No.12
Status: within 4 years the child has good control over its power.
RESTRAINED

Another baby photo

Age: 1
Gender: Male
Number: No.13
Status: within 5 years the child has shown to have a more superior built than the others have. Most impressive ability to transform.
RESTRAINED

Hanji flipped through more pages with more detailed descriptions of each of them in training. However they found no picture of Eren or their analysis of him.

"Eren, do you remember anything strange from your past? Like any type of training or testing your father made you do?" Hanji asked with excitement in her eyes.

"No, not really. My father went out to work most of the time and I usually went out to play with the other kids." Eren thought hard to recall anything strange in his past but found nothing out of the ordinary.

"Maybe, throughout his time working, he's been going out checking up on his last examinees." Levi's eyes wondered off to the box of vials. "Hanji, do you think you can figure this all out by tomorrow morning?"

"I'll get started right away!" she squealed with delight.