Chapter 23 part 3

Chapter 23 part 3

In the morning the whole scouting legion were up on their feet after a long night's rest. When they got out of their tents, they noticed how empty the cave was. There were still tents but there was no one out.

"What should we do now?" Jean yawned.

"I think we should go find some breakfast. My stomach's been growling all night long." Sasha rubbed her belly as it still continued to growl.

"Well, if it's a meal you want then come on over!" A voice cried from outside the cave. When a hand pushed away the vines hanging down, they saw a gruesome image of Hima.

Her arms and right leg were covered with discolored skin from the fire. Though her face wasn't as bad. The burn only reached from a small part of her right jaw down to her neck. However, she still had several cuts and and bruises on her face.

"Hima, glad to see you up." Erwin smiled at her.

"Great to see you all too. If your hungry, come outside. I cooked some trout for you guys!" She moved out.

Outside they feasted on the fish like savages. Hima come back every couple of minutes, bringing in more berries and nuts. She finally sat beside them with a grin on her face.

"So, how's the mission going?" She asked.

"Hima, has Kano found Eren or the other shifters?" Mikasa immediately asked.

"I'm afraid not. Kano had the team searching all night long." Her eyes dazed off to Levi. "But they did find something rather interesting. Kano said he has found long strands of hair up in the trees. Cheoki must be close by."

"What will your people do when she comes?" Christa asked nibbling the trout.

"I'm not really sure. Most of them still don't know but then again, I want to your motive as well." Hima stared directly at Erwin. He gave a great sigh.

"I'm afraid, we might have to kill her." Hanji blurted out.

"What are you talking about? How could you do that to her!? You guys were friends!" Hima got up from her seat, her smile contoured into a frown.

"Hima, please listen. We have our reasons but first we must talk with Mr. Yeagar." Hanji tried to calm her down.

Hima glared at them with disgust.
"Follow me, however he does not leave his cell."

Hima led them deeper into the forest, where they reached into an even smaller cave. Inside the cave were three guards with spears and axes ready. Hima told them to take a break as they all entered the cave. Deep inside with a small fire was a wooden cage with the doctor still sleeping.

"Mr. Yeagar, wake up! It's me, Mikasa!" Mikasa ran up to the cage and banged on the bars. The old man's eyes slowly opened.

"Mikasa? Where am I? Where's Eren?"

"Everyone out. We need a proper interogation with him." Erwin ordered and everyone obeyed with no argument.

Erwin: Mr. Yeagar, we know about your experiments and the cause of all of this. My questions are How could you do this to your own son? Why kill Cheoki? And why create such a plague?

Yeagar: A long time ago, our family never meant for this to get out of hand. They should've been alot more careful and should've killed the beast while they still could.

Levi: Tch! You're even worse then the titans themselves. Do you realize that Eren is nothing more than just another killing machine. Do you even know that those are still people he's killing?

Yeagar: Yes, I'm very well aware. I knew I couldn't control the power of Numer 1 so I created more to take her down. Unfortunately none of my plans have been going well.

Levi: Not a big surprise there.

Yeagar: But please hear me out! After years of mastering this titan form I was able to remain conscious when staying in the titan state. For a long time I've been thinking about tweaking with No.1's DNA sample. I think I may be able to create some kind of cure.

Hanji: I say we let him go! This medicine will make history and end this horrific nightmare we've been living. I would absolutely love to work with you. We can talk about the chemicals to use, my theories and...!

Erwin: And what makes you think you can perfect this? It look your family years to create a drug to enhance their power but give them the ability to chose when to change. If you haven't noticed we have little to no time left.

Yeagar: It's worth a shot. I mean what else do you have to lose? If I figure this out, surely all test subjects will return back to normal. If I can get No.1 the dosage and she starts biting every titan in her way, the chances of us surviving will increase!

Levi: What do you mean, biting every titan in her way?

Yeagar: Strangely No.1 likes to target both Titans and humans when she is hungry. Since she's still very contagious, the titans she bites will soread the medicine.

Hanji: Sounds good to me. However, you will be put under survaillance at all times. You will not be permitted to go anywhere alone.

Levi: Where the hell are we exactly going to be doing these experiments? How are supposed to test these theories?

Hanji: We do have the other titan shifters.

"Yes, you do" a voice answered from the entrance of the cave.

They all looked back, finding Annie standing with her swords ready. Behind her were Reiner, Berthodlt, Ymir and Eren, with his eyes wide open.

Yeagar: E-eren. It's been such a long time since we've seen each other. Look how much you've grown.

Mr.Yeagar got up from the floor and leaned against the bars with his hand out stretched.

"Eren! My son!" he cried with tears glistening in his eyes.

Eren backed out of the cave with his eyes widen with shock.

"How could you do this to me?" Eren walked out of the cave, shaking his head and avoding his father's gaze.

"I'm so sorry, Eren" He fell to his knees with his palms resting on his face. " please forgive me."