Chapter 24

Not spell checked.

Morning came by quick by 8am everybody was up and doing something, Rick decided we needed a back up plan if anything happened to this trailer park we'd need a place to go so Rick,Michonne,Carl,Glenn and Daryl went which left me and Maggie on watch and Hershel , Carol and Beth looking after Judith.

"You think they'll be okay?" Maggie sighed.

"There's five of them I'm pretty sure they outnumber the governor and his two minions."

"Yeah your right but what about the walkers?."

"Maggie listen Glenn will be fine he's tough you know that." I assured her squeezing her shoulder.

"You ever worry about Daryl like I worry about Glenn?"

"What you mean? You trying to say me and Daryl are a thing?"

"You seem like it, he likes you its clear to most of the group every time y'all in trouble he saves you in a heartbeat." She smiled.

"I worry about him but I know he can handle himself."

She just smiled at me, Maggie and Glenn despite shit hitting the fan got together, fell in love and its a beautiful thing to be able to find in these hard times, Carol on the other hand lost her husband and child but became a much stronger person because of it.

"You girls okay?" Carol asked approaching us.

"Just fine." Maggie replied.

"More walkers."I sighed nodding my head towards the gate,

"There coming from the cities because there's no more food." Carol sighed,

"No where's safe anymore, we'll get overrun and have to move along and its going to keep happening, there's more walkers than survivors."

"You really think that?" Maggie asked with a scared look.

"I know, sorry for the depressing talk but its true."

"We just have to adapt." Carol pitched in.

"Adapt to being eaten alive?" I asked.

"No adapt to being on the move."

"With a small baby? Who needs milk and cries? It wouldn't work."

"It'd have too."

Me and Maggie sat on watch for a good 3 hours before we got a break, Carol and Beth took over which left Maggie to look after Judith along with Hershel and for me to make lunch for everyone but it was still us hey hadn't made it back yet.

"I'm starting to worry." Maggie sighed rocking Judith in her arms.

"They'll be fine." Hershel reassured.

"Who's up of squirrel?" I asked.

Everyone had something apart from me I wasn't all that hungry I was just trying to keep the walkers under control and us safe, total walker count for today was 20 all taken out and all moved away from the entrance.

The next morning...

"Mia?" Carol asked walking out of her trailer,

"Yes Carol?"

"Did you even go to sleep last night? Your in the same place I left you."

"I was on watch I let Hershel sleep."

"Honey what about your sleep? Your going to make yourself sick."

"I'm too busy keeping you guys safe until Ricks back."

"Sweetie go get some sleep I can keep watch now."

"What are you doing up at 7am anyway?" I yawned.

"Came to take watch so Hershel could sleep."

"Oh, well wake me when..."

"Honey just go rest I'll wake you if they come back." Carol smiled cutting me off.

I took that as an order and headed into my trailer, it was so cold in here and I was alone in here, I snuggled into my sleeping bag which was still zipped to Daryl's which put me at ease because his woodsy scent lingered on it.

"Mia."

"Hmm." I moaned fluttering my eyes open.

"You've been asleep nearly all day you want something to eat?" Beth asked.

"Their still not back." I sighed rubbing my face,

"No, sorry."

I slowly unzipped my sleeping bag and sat up still trying to get my eyes to adjust, they've been gone for ages I don't understand why there not back what if something happened.

"You going to be okay?" Beth asked.

"I'm fine Beth." I said shooting her a small smile

"Your worrying about him aren't you." She smiled.

I nodded and pushed off from the bed and standing to my feet, am I really that easy to read now?

Daryl's p.o.v

"You alright Daryl?" Rick asked stepping out of the Car.

"I'm fine."

"That was close Dad, there's too many of them."

"I know Carl, we need to secure a place fast there's no doubt in my mind they'll be following us."

"You sure your okay?" Michonne asked.

"I said I'm fine." I mumbled.

"We need to get him back he's cut up pretty bad Rick." Glenn piped in.

"I said I'm fine."

"Carl with me Michonne go with Glenn and I want Daryl riding infront."

We all nodded and headed off, no doubt Mia was going to be worried about me and as much as I hate to admit it I hope she's okay as she has a thing for getting her pansy ass in danger and I'm always the one saving it,

Mia's P.O.V

"Open the gate!" Maggie yelled to me.

I was like a cheetah running for that gate and quickly unlocking it and taking out any walkers lurking in front to let them in, Daryl was up in the front and all I saw was blood and cuts and bruises on him and my immediate reaction when he got off that bike was to see if he was okay.

"What the hell happened!" I snapped my hands already holding his face.

"I'm fine." He mumbled looking down.

"Daryl..." I sighed slowly putting my arms around his waist and hugging him.

"I'm fine." He said putting his arms around me.

"Better be."

"C'mon." He mumbled pulling out of the hug and heading towards our trailer.

Daryl's face was smeared with blood and that's all I kept my eyes on as he pulled me into the trailer, why all of a sudden was he acting so different? In the trailer it was dark and he'd say himself down on the end of the bed.

"I don't want you to worry about me." He sighed.

"But I do, what happened out there why are you acting so weird."

"There's more walkers and we got caught in a herd I only came off my bike."

"Wait here."

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl filling it with warm water and fetching a clothe to clean the blood off and to clean up the scraps and grazes.

"But your worried though aren't you." I sighed standing in front of him.

He nodded, his head was only a couple centimetres away from my chest, I slowly started to wipe away the blood off his face it wasn't long ago that I did this for him when The Governor beat the shit out of him but I know he's still not right.

"We gotta keep Lil ass kicker safe and the rest if yah."

"We're moving again aren't we?"

"We've found a school, big high fences, supplies,not many walkers and Rick and Michonne wanna go clear it out."

"Well I can come help, Maggie and Carol will have it under control here."

"You ain't coming, I ain't letting yah get hurt not again."

"Daryl you know when it comes to..."

"I said you ain't going."

"But..."

"You ain't coming Mia." He said taking my hands.

"What are you doing?"

He held my hands for a minute before slowly standing to his full height and towering over me, he let go and I snaked my arms around his waist as he did the same to me.

"I ain't exactly made for this sorta stuff but I don't want yah getting hurt I care about you's."

"Daryl I know." I smiled.

So sorry that this has taken so long and it's not even good enough I'm really busy lately at college and whenever I do get a day off I'm sleeping in until 11am and then I forget my ideas when I do come to writing I think I need to find some music and watch some more Daryl give me inspiration.

Thank you guys for being so patient with me I understand that this chapters might not be what you pictured I'm trying really hard I'm out the house by 7am and back at 6pm so 12hours nearly is exhausting.