Chapter 1

Okay so first chapter really hope it isn't that bad I apologise for grammar mistakes etc. as I am writing on an IPad so yeah enjoy and leave me a comment telling me how to improve and if you liked it. :) Rain x

It's been at least 11 months if not a whole year since the outbreak, I met a group that had taken shelter in a prison I've been with them for a good 5 months, I watched as we came under attack by another surviving group but It was more a town, we lost precious people and overcame the attack and took in the helpless survivors like the elderly, women and children.

Mia is the name I'm a 28 year old survivor of whatever turned these poor people into walkers or geeks whatever you call them I guess it don't matter they just eat and turn you into a hunger ridden monster.
I'm a long way from home I know that much I came from Virginia not originally but that's where I was when the outbreak happened. I was with my little girl Scarlett she was beautiful, blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, button nose and beautiful red lips that's the only thing I regret leaving my baby girl with my parents the night of the outbreak they couldn't defend themselves so they opted out forgetting Scarlett was asleep upstairs I came back to find my little girl like them a monster craving flesh!

They were so wrapped up in saving themselves my baby starved and turned, my sweet innocent little girl died in one way I prayed she would never die in pain.

"Mia!" Rick moaned checking every cell until he got to mine.

I looked up from the corner of the cell that I'd hidden myself away in this day was my baby's birthday this is now the one day that will kill me the most.
"I don't mean to bother you but shouldn't you be pulling your weight around here? You're an able member of this group you don't just swan off when you're needed!" He said trying not to be rude and holding his gun firmly.

I stood from the corner and frowned "You can't talk you don't know how it feels to lose a child." I hissed storming out of the cell passing Daryl who had my bow and arrows.

"Wouldn't take it to heart she's a red head" Daryl said to reassure him I wasn't mad at him.

"She had a Child?" Carol said looking up from folding clothes.

"Yeah a 2 year old daughter." I said stopping to a halt at the prison entrance.

"My girl would have been 12 I understand the pain." She smiled patting the floor next to her.

I slowly sat down with her Daryl watched me and Rick left to find Lil Ass kicker aka Judith and Carl I guess what I said hit home, I didn't mean to blow up at him but I had to let it out.
"Could use you for hunting you wanna come along?" Daryl said holding out my weapons.

I smiled and looked at Carol she nodded giving me the all clear that it was okay that I left her to her washing. I stood up and took my stuff from Daryl he headed out and I followed him through the prison yard too where his bike was.

"I love this bike she's a beauty." I smiled running my fingers across the leather seat this bike was a pretty sweet ride.

"She is and gets me from A to B you ready to saddle up?" He said slinging his crossbow over his shoulder.

I nodded and he got on and for a moment I gazed as his muscles as the dirt defined them, I got on behind him and made my bow succoured on my shoulder and then looped my arms around his waist I decided not to get to close as Daryl likes his space.

"Yah ready?" He grunted starting his bike.

"Hell yeah."

The bike roared it was alive, Daryl kicked off and we were gone, I held onto him tight as we road I was getting cold, when we stopped all you could hear we're the birds no moans from the walkers or any whimpers from survivors.

"This way." His voice rumbled.

I followed him and before he did I saw a small rabbit I took my aim took a deep breath out and let go and before I knew it Daryl was picking my kill up and hooked it to his belt.

"We can save this for a snack." He smirked.

"You know how to treat a woman." I laughed.

"Well you gotta eat something."

"Daryl I used to hunt and eat my finding it ain't nothing new."

"You think you can hunt huh? That's just one measly little rabbit.".

"I can hunt I was brought up to kill."

"Well can't say it don't show on yah when we first met you looked a little crazy" he scoffed.

"Watch your mouth country boy." I smiled following him.

"Why would I do that redhead?"

"Don't act like you don't like a taste of red in your life Daryl."

"Not really my thing but I could give it a try." He smirked looking me up and down.

"Can I be honest with you?" I said touching his bicep to get his attention.

"I'd rather it."

"I find you very alluring."

"You know such a word?"

"Harsh I am a smart woman I did go to school."

"More than I ever did."

"You didn't go to school? Why not country boy?"

"I had better things to do than learn some shit I was never going to use I home schooled myself anyways."

"Well as I said you're very alluring."

He smirked a little but carried on looking for a kill, I watched him aim, his muscles mesmerised me I shook it off and looked for a kill I wondered which I didn't mean to do but still had the image of Daryl's biceps in my head.

First chapter down!! Hope it wasn't too bad and if anyone wants to know where I get my ideas mostly from photos and music and life in general.

Please comment and tell me what you thought, tell me about mistakes or how to improve I'm all up for that but do take to mind first time posting little nervous, but hey it's about time I shared my stories.
Enjoy!