Chapter 66

Sorry for any mistakes

Mia's p.o.v

Daryl stormed out quickly and I felt the harshness in the way he slammed the door. Pressing my head to the wall feeling my emotions get the best of me. I stood there trying to control myself and praying Daryl was going to come back but he didn't.

"He's all yours now." Maggie smiled squeezing my shoulder.

"Thanks."

Shrugging Maggie's caring hand off I made my way in further to see Hershel flicking through a book before looking up to me with a toothy grin. Taking on quick look back at the door Daryl stormed out of moments before I had to face I was doing this alone.

"Daryl called off to his duties?"

"Yeah..."

"Right, so what's the problem?" He asked genuinely sounding concerned.

"Just wanted..."

"Wanted what?"

"I thought I felt movement."

"Well that's great! How often?"

"But then I started to worry about the size of my stomach and then just before coming here I had a sharp pain." I quietly whimpered.

Hershel squeezed my shoulder whilst offering me a tissue to dry my stray tears and proceeded to reassure me and continue with the check up. Once we were done Hershel advised it was probably in my best interest to start taking vitamins for the rest of the pregnancy and if I ever needed anything he was on hand anytime he needed me.

"Hey Mia!" Tara grinned putting her arm around me,

"Hey Tara."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing just gonna go for a walk." I sighed running my hand through my hair.

"Are you sure? You have the same miserable face Daryl had earlier."

"We had an argument but it's nothing."

"Hm okay well if you need me you know I'm always around."

"Thanks."

For a moment I watched her head off before turning on my heel and taking off in the opposite direction some how I found myself taking a shift at the gates which turned out to be kinda nice. Although my back was starting to ache and I barely had a bump to start complaint about I trudged on.

It wasn't until about an hour later a car rolled up thankfully it was just Daryl and Rick or so I thought when they pulled an unconscious but very clean man out of the backseat. Carefully I opened the gate struggling just a little and Daryl furrowed his eyes at me but of course couldn't help as he was carrying this guy.

"Why are you on shift? It ain't your job." Daryl muttered.

"Gotta do something ain't i?" I said Straining a little as I shut the gate.

Daryl and Rick carried he guy off not looking weird at all, it wasn't until about half an hour later that Daryl made an appearance again but he wasn't coming to see me instead I followed him with my eyes seeing him pay a visit to Aaron.

"You alright honey?" Carol smiled.

"Gotta be." I sighed leaning against the cool metal panel.

"You had an argument with Daryl?"

"Something like that, what are you up to anyway?"

"Rick wanted a perimeter check after bringing that guy back, stupid if you ask me."