Chapter 28

Chapter is not spell or gramma checked my apologies for any mistakes.

Fast forward to the morning...

I lay on the back seat in silence trying to think of ways to go about finding Daryl, I didn't sleep well knowing walkers might show up and I was right there were a couple lurking around but I took care of them and tried to get more sleep but it didn't work my mind was too awake, too worried,

"Dixon I hope your safe." I sighed with a shaky breath.

I sat up and was instantly met with a walkers face snapping at the window I'm glade there's at least a window between us, my eyes slowly look over towards Daryl's bike still unmoved and no Daryl in sight I sighed again hating the feeling that was appearing in my gut.

"Damn you dixon!!" I yelled holding tears back. "Where the hell are you!" I screamed.

The walker was now clawing at the window, stupid bastard it's glass you can't get through it was what ran through my mind I was now fed up and needed to get rid of this anger and the best way to do it is killing a couple walkers.

"Come on you fuckers!" I yelled jumping out of the dodge slamming the door shut and sprinting away.

All you could hear were there growls and feet shuffling towards me, I took a fee deep breaths before running at one of them stabbing it in the head and then going for the other one shoving the knife up through its jaw.

"Daryl!" I called out.

All I heard was my own voice echoing through the woodlands, I took the keys for the dodge from my pocket and locked it as it was remote locking, I'm going to follow his tracks again I won't give up,

3 days later...

"Shouldn't we face he's just gone?" Glenn sighed in the passengers seat.

"No! I know he's alive."

"But 3 days on his own without transport and maybe injured?"

"His bikes still here." Rick sighed stopping the car.

"That don't mean a thing." I snapped getting out of the car.

I jumped out of the dodge with my boots hitting the ground with a thud, I made my way quickly towards his bike, it's warm it's been running and there ain't a sight of keys or hot wiring.

"Rick!" I called,

"Mia we can't keep wasting fuel like this..." Rick started,

"The bikes warm, it's been running."

"That doesn't mean anything." Glenn stated,

"It means he's been back here, he's gotta be alive." I said checking the bike for anything.

"Maybe if I stay here and you and Glenn go out and see if you can track him?"

"Track who?" A voice mumbled.

I turned my head to see a dirty injured Daryl holding his crossbow firm over his shoulder trying to look as if nothing happened, my heart felt like it stopped and I found myself running towards him and engulfing him in a hug.

"Where the hell have you been!" I cried burying my head into his chest.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled wrapping his hands around me, "Bike was outta fuel and my leg..."

"At least your alright." Rick said giving a nod,

"How long you been out here?" Daryl asked still holding me tight.

"Well we just got here but Mia's been out here everyday." Glenn stated,

"Yeah don't I know it, attracting every damn walker in a five mile radius." He chuckled slightly.

"C'mon we'll put your bike up on the back."

Daryl just nodded and then rested his chin on my head whilst Rick and Glenn wheeled Daryl's bike onto the back on the dodge, his breathing was shaky and his heart was racing but he still held me tight.

"You scared the shit out of me Dixon." I whimpered.

"I know I'm sorry I didn't expect to get caught up like that I just..."

"Wanted to be a damn hero? If I can't you can't."

"It was either..."

"Don't you dare leave me again." I sighed tightening my grip on him.

He was a little tense when I tightened my grip but I didn't care it was only because it was infront of Rick and Glenn he doesn't like them seeing his weak side I suppose.

When we got back I helped Daryl out of the truck as he'd hurt his leg and he couldn't put much weight on it, Carol was fixing him something to eat while Hershel was checking him over and making sure he was okay.

"It looks like a it a sprain ankle and just a deep cut , may I ask how you got this?"

"I found a cabin but geeks got In so climbed the roof and jumped."

"Well your lucky it wasn't worse, rest it for a day or two anything Rick needs help with Mia will do I'm sure."

Daryl just grunted not wanting to say it was okay but he knew with him out of action I'd need to step up, Hershel soon left and Daryl just laid there staring at the ceiling playing with knife.

"I don't like that your gonna take my place while I'm laid up in bed." He mumbled.

"Oh don't I know it your face says it all." I smirked a little.

"Yeah well don't uh go getting hurt again."

"I promise you if that makes you feel better about it."

"I just won't be there to save your ass is all."

"Awh don't worry Carls got my back." I smiled.

He gave me a quick look and then put his arms behind his head and continued staring at the ceiling, he was still wearing his leather jacket and his torn up flannel shirt was pretty dirty so I took it upon myself to get him a knew top from his backpack.

"Here change into this..." I said holding it out to him.

"Sleeves..." He said cocking and eyebrow.

"Yeah because if you haven't noticed its winter."

Again he didn't give much of a response he sat himself up and stripped his top half off and then looked at me still holding the shirt, I didn't quite understand but I came round the side of the bed and handed it to him.

"You alright?" He asked unbuttoning the shirt,

"Yeah I'm just tired is all."

"Come lay down then."

I sighed and did what he said I really could do with a good sleep, Daryl being missing for them 3 days kept me up constantly I couldn't sleep not without me knowing he was okay, I laid down beside him cuddled under my sleeping bag just staring up at the ceiling like he did earlier.

"Ain't no one ever cared bout me before." Daryl said.

"Not even your momma? Merle?"

"No."

"Merle cared he just didn't show it."

"Yeah well Merle ain't here no more, all I got is this group."

"That's all this group has is each other."

Thank you guys so much for being so so patient with me I know I haven't updated for a while because I have been slacking I know I do apologies as I said I will try to update Saturdays and Sundays from now on this way it gives me two free days to make a good chapter on all my stories.

Thank you also for the reads,votes and comments I was so amazed at the amount when I looked last night so thank you thank you thank you!!! :)