Chapter 43- Indentations

Sorry for any mistakes.

Daryl's p.o.v

What was left of the daylight we managed to venture on and find a small church not forgetting to mention saving some priests ass called himself Father Gabriel. I watched Mia's chest rise and fall she was still unconscious and I was trying my best to keep her safe, she needs some medication and that's what I plan on doing.

"Maybe you should get some rest." Carol whispered,

"I'm fine I gotta make sure she's okay."

"Me and Rick are on watch nothing's gonna happen."

"I promised her I won't let her get hurt."

"You're no good to her if you haven't slept Daryl; get some rest I'll keep an eye on her."

I didn't want to take my eyes off her I guess I was scared she was going to stop fighting and leave me because I know no matter what she says that this is pretty bad. I laid beside her and let out a deep breath I couldn't sit there any longer.

"Daryl?" Carol whispered,

I looked down to where Carol was laying and just gave her a nod before gripping my crossbow a little tighter taking my exit. Part of me hated how they just wanted to sit around waiting if we had any chance of getting Mia better she needs medication now not tomorrow and that's exactly what I intended to do.

"You don't think I'd let you go alone do you?" Carol said appearing beside me.

"I ain't about to let her die I made a promise."

"I get that but even you know she would want you to be safe."

"Suppose your right."

"What made you two so close? Last time I saw you, you were at each other's throats."

"I saw the way she let herself get hurt, she needs someone to save her pansy ass."

"I know you don't like talking about it Pookie but you know what you express to her is love?"

"I know."

The rest of the morning we didn't speak I suppose we didn't need to talk to have company it's always been that way with Carol. We came to a small town it was pretty much empty apart from some rotting corpses. We got a plan together we decided to spilt up Carol taking the corner store and me taking the pharmacy.

"Grab everything I suppose." I mumbled throwing in some boxes of pills.

I grabbed what was left and that included a first aid kit, I decided to head towards the counter going through the back maybe there was some stronger stuff that would help anyone else later on but it wasn't pills that caught my eye when I got threw it was the damn walker munching on the pharmacist.

"Nice." I said shooting a bolt threw its skull.

I yanked my bolt out of its head and then pierced it threw its meal making sure it didn't come back before raiding the rest of the stuff and taking my exit. Hopefully Mia will make it I ain't stupid enough to think she's invincible although I wish she was.

"Found this." Carol said putting something in my hand.

I opened my hand and inside was a silver pansy necklace with a little red jewel in the middle I smirked at the nickname Id given Mia and then thanked Carol before stuffing it in my pocket. We discussed what we were going to do next if there was anything the group needed.

"Well I grabbed some cans of soup, some beans there wasn't really much."

"It will have to do, what about water?"