Chapter 7

My head now pressed up against the wall I could hear boots scuffing the ground which I knew was going to be Daryl I took a deep breath as he approach me and waited for him to say something.

"You alright?" I heard Daryl's voice trying to be sympathetic.

"I'm fine don't worry."

"Sure you are." He mocked.

"Shush your mouth country boy."

He laughed and shook his head, I looked up at him with sadness in my eyes and he reached out his hand implying for me to take it, I looked at it for a moment before I did an then I reached out and took it and he  pulled me up and we were inches from each other’s faces.

"Why the tears?" He said touching my elbow gently.

"Just memories of Scarlett." I looked down avoiding his eyes.

"They'll go you just need to occupy yourself."

I looked up slightly and sighed, "I guess but what the hell can I do around here whilst I'm injured?"

He shrugged and smirked. “I ain't going to be cooking and cleaning all day you know."

He smirked again. "Sure."

I slapped his bicep for making fun of me, he knew that I wasn't that kind of women who was domesticated even though since getting shot I had been but I was already fed up with it I wanted to be helping or hunting something.

"We have company." Daryl said not taking his eye off the two guys approaching the prison.

"Wonder if they might like to see a ghost." I smirked.

I headed towards the gates where they stood, Daryl followed behind me with his cross bow pointed, I smirked as one of them cupped their mouth and the other tilted there head in disbelief.

"Enjoy my buck?" I snapped.

"I thought you said she was dead!" The guy on the right yelled at the guy on the left.

"I thought she was dead I didn't really check I just wanted the damn buck."

"You gotta nerve showing your faces around here." Daryl growled.

"Look mister we were starving!"

"Dean why the hell you grovelling for?" The guy in the left snapped.

"Shut the hell up!" Daryl yelled aiming it at their heads.

"Look we came to look for fuel any way you could..."

"You kidding me? You stole my kill and shot me you gotta be crazy to think I'd give you a damn thing."

"You have cars and there's only 2 of you c'mon man I'll beg you."

"What's going here?" Rick said approaching us with Carl by his side.

"These idiots shot me and now want fuel too."

Rick looked them over and looked at me, "You two men aren't welcome go find someone else who gives a damn."

The guy on the left drew his gun and aimed it at my head and then Dean followed his actions, Daryl's body tensed up and he had his aim shifting from one to the other.

"Really?" I sighed looking unimpressed.

"Give us fuel and I won't kill her."

"Man frank why you always gotta point guns."

"Because that's how you survived idiot!"

By the time they had finished their little argument Rick and Carl had their guns pointed at Frank whilst Daryl's was pointed at Dean, why am I always in the cross fire.

"If you want to walk away alive I'd drop the guns." Daryl growled.

"Not until I get some damn fuel."

I looked at Daryl I could see he wanted to put a bolt in their heads, He nodded and I nodded back and then he turned to Rick to get approval I held my eyes shut and the sound of gunfire rung through my ears, when I re-opened them there lay the two men lifeless.

"You alright?" Daryl said checking me over.

"I'm fine."

"We better get rid of these bodies."

"I'll burn em with the rest of the walkers." Daryl said throwing his crossbow over his shoulder and unlocked the first gate to drag the bodies through.

"I didn't think you'd kill them." I said watching Daryl open the second gate.

"It was you or them." Rick stated, "Carl help Daryl pull the second body through."

I watched as they pulled the bodies through before the walkers got them and then carried them to the pile of walker bodies that we cleared out of the cell block ready to burn I decided to head back inside whilst they burnt the bodies I wasn’t one for seeing rotting corpses burn.