Chapter 65

Sorry for any mistakes.. You know me

Daryl's P.O.V

It'd probably been about a month maybe two since the walls came down and it weren't long before we had em back up and expanding. Maggie was following in Deanna's footsteps she was a good leader you could see how proud Hershel was. Talking of Hershel him and Denise had teamed up together becoming Alexandria's doctors.

Me and Aaron still went out recruiting with not much luck but did find one girl reminded me of Beth in a way she wasn't that much older, but the more people the more mouths to feed and that's something me and a Rick had to take care of today.

"Dare?" Mia's little voice called with footsteps following.

I groaned burying my face into my pillow, "What?"

"I think I felt a kick..." She said her footsteps stopping.

I looked up seeing her standing at my bedside, "Really?"

"I think so, here feel."

Before I even had time to reach out my hand she had already grabbed it, she placed  my hand in the spot she felt the baby kick but I couldn't feel a damn thing. Maybe the kid doesn't like me already.

"I think I'm worrying to much." She huffed letting my hand free.

"What about?"

She let out a deep breath plopping herself down in front of where I was laying, "It hasn't grown, what if... No I shouldn't think like that."

I reached my arms out wrapping them around her waist now nesting my head into her side letting out a soft sigh, "Why yah worrying about the size of your bump?"

"I was big with Scarlett that's all."

"Well yah can't expect this one to be the same, I was a small baby. At least that's what Merle told me."

She giggled a little, "You mean you didn't come out the womb big and butch at the ready with your crossbow?"

"Yeah you make fun of me." I mumbled.

"I love you really Dixon." She giggled again running her hands through my hair.

"I'm supposed to be going out with Rick but..."

"But what?"

"Don't matter still gotta go." I groaned sitting up.

"You'd rather stay in bed is that what you wanted to say?" She smirked.

"Mhm." I mumbled pecking her shoulder.

"Do you think I should see Hershel." She trailed off again.

"Only if you think you should."

"Come with me..." She said looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Not like you were gonna go on your own anyways." I scoffed.

She frowned at me before pushing herself off the bed watching me like a hawk until she left making her way into the living area. I huffed throwing the sheets off of myself and getting ready for the day.

"Jesus Christ."  Mia hissed.

"You alright?" I asked dragging my ass out of our bedroom.

"I wanna see Hershel."

I furrowed my eyes "You in pain?"

She clutched her little bump, "Can we just go and see him please?"

"If you say so." I said softly placing my hands on her bump from behind her.

"Sorry I didn't mean to snap I just..."

"Dixon's are tough I'm sure she's fine." I reassured pecking her temple.

I saw her smile in the corner of my eye, "She huh?"

"Got a hunch."

Didn't wanna show it but Mia had her ways of worrying me, We took it slow as we strolled over to Hershel's finding him already busy with Maggie. Honestly weren't surprising that she was pregnant was about damn time.

"Everything okay Mia?" Hershel asked raising a brow.

She looked at me with her worried blues and slowly back to Hershel acting as if there was nothing wrong. Instead of letting her shrug it off a placed a supportive hand on the small of her back rubbing gently.

"She just wants a check up."

He smiled, "That's fine if you just wait for me to finish with Maggie I'll be with you shortly."

"Okay."  She hesitated.

We waited out in the hall giving Maggie some privacy with her dad. I watched Mia like a hawk I don't think I'd seen her this worried before I mean sure she's a little drama queen sometimes but this was different.

"Hey you really gotta calm down this ain't good for either of you, all yah worrying."

She didn't acknowledge me instead she just let her thumb run softly back and forth over the little bump she had forming. Butterflies  started to flutter in my chest thinking about the little life inside of there and how worried Mia was about it.

"Starting to worry me now." I muttered rubbing my stubble.

"Good." She said harshly.

"Yah think I don't care?"

"Did I say that?"

"No but you might as well have."

Again she just ignored me and without thinking I let my anger get the best of me storming out leaving her to deal with it all herself. Once my boots started to scruff the worn down pavement the realisation hit me causing me to come to a stand still.

"Morning Daryl,Rick's  looking for you." Ella smiled.

Ella was the new girl me and Aaron picked up a couple weeks back. She was doing pretty well sort of reminded me of Beth in a way with all the hope she carried around within herself. I gave a flat smile before proceeding to ask where she'd last seen Rick.

"He was last down by the front gates."

"Alright thanks." I nodded trudging off.

"Daryl wait!" She called.

I clenched my jaw and stopped, "What yah want?"

"I just wanna say thank you, thank you so much for giving me a chance. Letting me into this community." She smiled and then pecked my cheek.

I swallowed hard before turning on my heel and stalking off towards the gates as fast as I could feeling my cheeks start to burn trying to ignore the gesture she just planted to my skin.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Short chapter there but I will be updating again, hope your enjoying the story please give me some feed back by voting or commenting, really means a lot! Thank you ~Rainie