Chapter 42

Sorry for any mistakes! I do double check.. Or triple check haha :)

I gripped Daryl's knife tightly and dragged myself across the wall keeping alert waiting for a clearing if I could avoid walkers the better chance I had of getting out a better chance of seeing Daryl again.

"You can do this." I said taking a steady breath,

I took off running in the direction the rest of the group went I dodged a lot of walkers but I was slowing down again it felt like I was inhaling nails. I rested behind a container trying to catch my breath so I'd be able keep going for a minute a started to think I wasn't going to make it but I shook off the thought and peered out to make sure it was clear.

"Shit!" I squeaked and a walker lunged at me.

I stumbled backwards landing on my ass as this walker dragged its rotting body towards me, as it got closer the stench of burning meat hit my nostrils I tried my hardest to keep distance and For a split second I took my eyes of him to look behind him Fuck was all I could think.

"I don't have time for this shit!" I said through gritted teeth,

I jumped up wincing at the pain in my stomach as I plunged Daryl's knife through its skull and as I pulled it out I was knocked to the floor again by another walker Snapping her jaws at me and blood dripping from her chin from whoever she'd just eaten. I gritted my teeth hard and pushed her off sitting on top of her and shoving the knife through her forehead.

I wiped my brow with the back of hand and stood taking in a good couple of breaths before taking another look ,it was clear if I ran Id make it Id be just behind them, I braced myself catching my breath and again gripping Daryl's knife holding it high.

Daryl's p.o.v

We made it over the fence we were safe for now but the geeks followed us and blocked the fence from the other side how was Mia getting out? I looked back at the others they were already making there way back to where we buried our weapons I couldn't leave knowing she was still in there I shouldn't of left.

"Mia!" I called out

I got nothing but the moans from the geeks, I turned to see Rick approaching he squeezed my shoulder and gave me the look he didn't believe she was alive I could see it. I looked back at the fence once more before walking away with Rick.

"What happened to Mia?" Carl asked,

"She couldn't keep up." I mumbled.

"So you left her?" Maggie said.

"I gave her my knife she insisted i couldn't convince her." I sighed hanging my head.

They all went quite they had no faith but I did I know she's tough she can handle herself. We kept moving until we retrieved the weapons Rick was set on going back but the group and Abrahams group were dead against it.

"I'm going back with or without you." I said, "Mia is still in there."

"I'll go back with you." Michonne said taking place by my side,

I looked at the rest of them and they all looked at each other, it was just me, Michonne and Rick going back the rest of the group wanted to stay behind and plan what was the next step. Rick kept going on about finishing off the people a terminus maybe it isn't a bad idea.

"You think she's okay?" Michonne asked,

"I know she's okay this is Mia we're talking about."

Mia's p.o.v

"Mia!"

I whipped my head round at the direction the call came from was that Daryl? My heart started to flutter a little And before I knew it I was running towards it without even thinking what would be lurking near by,My feet buckled beneath me sending me flying face first into the hard ground right into the path of a walker I clenched my eyes shut trying to breath through the pain that was surging through my head due to the hard hit I took,reopening them only made things worse this walkers sight was set on me I pushed myself back reaching for Daryls knife just in time.