Chapter 49- A Broken Red Neck

Sorry for any mistakes...

Daryl's p.o.v

We all stood facing each other, us on one side whilst Beth and Carol were on the other side with a bunch of people in scrubs and Cop uniform.Carol sat in a wheelchair whilst Beth stood behind, her pale porcelain face cut and bruised what had they done to her?

"My two for your two that's the deal." Rick said firmly.

The women in charge who called herself Dawn agreed sending the first two across being one of the cops for Carol, I was happy too see her I was glad she was safe and I knew Mia would be too. My hand was firmly on my gun as we finished the trade something didn't feel right.

"Now Noah."

"That wasn't the deal."

What happened next was the unexpected it all happened so quick I couldn't even control my own actions, the gun fire echoed through the hall way as Beth's body fell limp to the floor her baby blonde hair stained slightly with blood.

I ripped my gun from its holster aiming straight for Dawn's head and pulling the trigger her body doing the same as Beth's just moments before. My vision blurred as the realisation of what had happened hit me, I'd failed her.

"Daryl." Carol sobbed quietly squeezing my bicep.

Mia's p.o.v

I watched Eugene who was propped up in the fire truck I wasn't sure what Abraham had done to him but he really knocked that poor bastard out. Everyone filtered out leaving me to hobble after them, I watched them all stand there and then Maggie's heart wrenching scream filled my ears...it was Beth.

My distraught Daryl held a lifeless young Beth in his arms trying to keep himself together before he just fell to his knees with her in his arms his head bowed hiding his tears, everyone just watched Maggie and Hershel grieve ,Abrahams group didn't know Beth but you could tell they knew how much she meant to us.

"Dare." I said softly.

He didn't acknowledge me instead he stared down at her, I hadn't looked at her until now her beautiful flawless skin riddled with bruised and two large cuts, what'd happened to her? I reached out to her face moving some of her hair away smiling she was strong and Id miss her dearly but she was at peace now she'd be with Merle,Lori and her own family now.

We were there for sometime before we finally left and gave Beth the send off she deserved but it was deadly quite, awkward mostly. I didn't know what to say or do ,Daryl he wouldn't talk to me and Maggie and Hershel stuck together probably cherishing every moment.

"You okay?" Michonne asked,

I nodded, "Im as good as I can be."

She caught up with Rick leaving me just barely keeping up with the rest of them i seemed to be slightly invisible, Carol was beside Tyreese and Sasha holding Judith, just behind them was Abraham and his group whilst Glen was holding Maggie's hand who was also holding her fathers arm and Daryl? He stayed on the outside of everybody with his head bowed as if he was watching every step he made.

"Hey." Tara said giving me a small smile.

"Not scared im gonna eat you then?" I coughed holding my stomach.

"Nah, are you alright back here? Your slowing down."

"Thanks." I laughed.

"Your more of a target back here, have you fallen out with Daryl?"

"He's grieving its best to give him space."

"And what about you? She was your friend too."

"I'm fine, I accept death now."