Chapter 54 - What If?

A/N: sorry for any mistakes and also that's my edit ^

Everyone was still eating and chatting amongst themselves whilst Daryl looked for something else for me to eat. I sighed a little sitting back down beside my things just listening my my stomach gurgle.

"Here." He said passing me a tin.

"What is It?"

"Just eat it."

I pulled a face and mimicked what he said before digging in, it wasn't bad and I managed to keep it down. Daryl watched me like a hawk making sure I ate if anything it was a little unsettling but he cared.

"Feel better?"

"Suppose."

"I'm sorry for hurting yah, I didn't mean it."

I laced our fingers together, "I know you didn't."

"I won't lay my hands on yah again, not like that."

"He's even abusive aren't you lucky." Ben sniggered walking past.

I squeezed Daryl's hand, "Ignore him."

I looked up to see him staring right at Ben clenching his jaw, for a while now Daryl's anger wasn't as bad but this guy knew how to press Daryl's buttons and it was never a good thing. I softly ran my finger tips along his tanned arms hoping to calm him although it was something Scarlett used to like ,it worked.

"He isn't worth it, don't listen to a word that leaves his mouth."

He groaned a little before getting comfortable and laying down, I finished off what was in the can and rested Daryl's head on my stomach running my hands through his dirty hair. I don't think it took him long to drift off to sleep but I carried on it was sorta soothing for me in a way.

Daryls p.o.v

I could see  a little girl running round a backyard barely being able to walk and Mia following behind, their giggles filing my ears as Mia chased her ,I smiled seeing Mia grin from ear to ear. The little girl stumbled towards me her blue eyes being identical to Mia's as she tried to pronounce Dada.

"What yah dreaming about Dare?" Mia asked.

I looked up at her simply  telling her 'Nothing', because that's what it was. Just nothing. She gave me a look of disbelief but rolled with it anyway. I didn't need her to know how much of a soppy shit I was becoming and as if it was planned Lil Ass Kicker cries filled the room making me groan slightly in frustration.

"I ain't never gonna get used to that."

"It's like having your own personal alarm clock." She giggled.

"Did you sleep alright there?" Carol smirked.

"Yeah I did, she makes a damn good pillow she's gotta be good at something."

"Hey!" She said slapping my arm.

"Bet she's good at other things too." Ben muttered,

Mia squeezed my shoulder holding me back from saying anything, fucking asshole was all I could think. I sat up seeing that a lot of the group were already suited and booted I guessed we were moving on today but where to was sorta the mystery.

"Yah feeling better?"

Mia nodded, "Yeah what was it?"

"Left over squirrel." I smirked.

She frowned, "Great."

"Yah shacked up with a Dixon what do yah expect?"

She giggled, "Honestly I don't know."