Chapter 64- Protector

Sorry for any mistakes...

Mia's P.O.V

With practice these Alexandrian's were getting better and it was only a matter of time before we hit a bump in the road and had to stop to handle it. It'd been about 2 weeks since I went outside the walls disobeying Daryl but we had a bigger threat, there was this huge quarry full of walkers and they were threatening to head this way. Rick devised a plan and of course it was always gonna include Daryl.

Today they wanted to do a practice run and I get that but I was still nervous as hell. Daryl was riding up front on his motorcycle beside Sasha and Abe who'd be in a car beside him leading the walkers and the rest would of on the sidelines keeping them going in the right direction. They used spare panels from the walls and any vehicle that could withstand some damage.

"It's a practice run, I'll be back before you know it." Daryl mumbled pecking my lips.

"You better come back to me Dixon." I sighed pressing my lips to his again.

"Promise."

I gave him a small smile before he hopped on his bike and they all headed out, most of the Alexandrian's were a bit restless with this plan they still didn't agree on authority being granted to Rick but Deanna knew she had done the right thing, we all did.

"Hey." Jessie smiled approaching me.

"Hey, how's Sam?"

"Still distant."

"I'm sorry, it must be tough. I couldn't imagine being a kid in all of this."

She squeezed my shoulder, "I couldn't imagine doing what your doing."

I looked down at my small bump that wasn't much bigger , I gave a faint smile before saying my goodbye and heading back to the house. She was right though any normal sane person wouldn't be doing this in a world that's the way it is now.

The day dragged and I tried my best to occupy myself but there wasn't much I could do. I leant up against the kitchen counter looking out onto Alexandria furrowing my eyes when I realised there were people inside our walls who weren't part of this community.

"Oh fuck...."

"Got that right."

I spun around coming face to face with this foul smelling poor excuse for a human with a W on his forehead. I swallowed the large lump in my throat quickly unsheathing my knife. He had a sick grin on his face that I couldn't quite understand ,what on earth were they planning on doing?

"Already repopulating what a Damn shame." He sniggered.

"You stay the hell away from me." I snarled.

He lunged at me knocking me down but impaling himself right on my knife and with an good twist it was enough to take him down. Son of a bitch.

"Shit..." I sighed stumbling to my feet.

"Need a hand?"

My eyes widened seeing another guy with W on his forehead grinning at me and before I could grab the knife he was lunging at me which caused me to fall and backing myself away in panic.

"Please...just leave me alone." I begged.

"Now don't beg..." He smirked.

Quickly I stumbled to my feet tackling him and managed to get outside unharmed before loosing my footing and slipping down the small steps on the porch hitting my head on the last step.

"Move!"

I ducked out of the way only to be met with the lifeless body of the guy trying to attack me bleeding out beside me. Looking up Ruby stood there breathing frantically still pointing her gun at the guy with her eyes wide.