Chapter 67 - Me and My Girls

A/N: I am so freaking sorry it's taken since July to post an update. I've been super busy with work and family but still not an excuse, I have two chapters for you today so hopefully you will all forgive me.

Daryl's P.O.V

Groggily I opened my eyes being greeted with Mia gazing at me, softly she started to run her fingers through my hair. I sighed, content of course. Just made me reluctant to actually get out of bed and take her on a run. I'd much prefer laying here with my girls.

"You tired?"She yawned continuing to run her fingers through my hair,

"Something like that yeah."

"Should we get up?"

"No." I muttered pulling her into me.

She giggled making my heart flutter, "What about our run then?"

"Just five more minutes."

"Five more minutes." She hummed getting off the bed,

"No, you can stay." I said pulling her back.

"Daryl."

"C'mon, yah gotta enjoy sleep while you can."

"I'm not tired." She groaned.

"Yah will be when she's here."

"Why are you so certain it's a girl?"

"Carol says yah carrying high and you're  craving sweet stuff. And you had bad morning sickness, so she said yah carrying a girl. That and I got a hunch."

"I wasn't debating that I wasn't having a girl, had exactly the same cravings I did with Scarlett."

"I don't mind what you are." I mumbled rubbing her bump.

"I'm just thankful I'm having her with you." She smiled looking up at him.

"Yah only having her because we didn't bother with protection, only way she was gonna exist."

She went silent, "Thanks Daryl."

"Shit no I didn't mean it like that." I protested.

"I know in the real world you wouldn't of even touched me I've come to terms with that."

"That's true yah know why?"

"Why Daryl?" I huffed.

"Yah too good for me, both of you. I'd never be able to get with you as my old self."

She looked down avoiding my eyes, "I was in love with you even when yah were an ass. At least you don't beat me."

"I didn't know I wanted this until it happened, I didn't know what love was or felt like until you loved me."

She blushed, "You got a way with words you know that Dixon?"

"Stupid ones yeah."

"No, yah smarter than you think. You gotta give yourself more credit. After all you must of done something right. You're alive and that means a lot these days."

"I really didn't mean what I said before, I just... I mean C'mon look at me!" I huffed

"Mmmm I look at you everyday." She giggled.

"Before I weren't capable of shit, sure I could track and hunt. Beat you senseless if you crossed me, but this?" I said touching her bump. "Fuck any good looking women to come near me like that I would have came right there." I growled.

"You don't make love to sluts Daryl. What we do isn't a fuck, if remember what you said the first time."  She teased.

"You make me feel wanted, that's the difference."