Chapter 18

Carols P.O.V

Ever since Mia arrived Daryl's been a changed man, he's been through so much loosing his brother twice and growing into the man he's been trying to be, he's no longer Merles shadow and I'm proud of Daryl he's a true friend after everything he did for my little girl so its hard to see him pushing away something he cares for, it's obvious to me and everyone else.

"Daryl?" I asked.

I'd followed him round to the gate, he was sitting on a log carving bolts with his cross bow resting up against the log with him, I didn't quite understand this mood of his ever since he's been back there's something different about him its like something bothering him.

"Can't I get no damn privacy?!"

"I'm not here to poke around in what ever business you have going on, I'm here as a friend."

"Pf, I just wanna be alone, I'm done with women for today, they ain't exactly something I understand." He muttered, gesturing with his hands as a way of explaining his anger.

"Alright, if you do want to talk I'm sure Judith would listen." I giggled slightly.

"The one women I understand." He smiled.

"I'm sure when she's next due a feed you can do it, might help."

"Yeah alright, come get me when that happens."

Mia's P.O.V

With my knees still pressed tight to my chest and my cheeks stained from my tears all I could think about was how Daryl had filled the hole my daughter left not saying he's replaced her but he helped heal the hole she left when she turned, 3 words 8 letters...I love him.

I sat in the darkness for a couple minutes before heading into the bedroom, wiping any trace of tears away, I didn't bother waiting up for Daryl like I usually did what was the point he made it pretty clear he was upset with me.

I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable in my sleeping bag but I couldn't, I laid staring at the ceiling I don't know how long for but sooner or later Daryl walked in, he was silent didn't say a thing didn't make a noise.

"I don't know what you expect me to say." I whispered.

"I don't expect a damn thing." He mumbled getting into his sleeping bag.

"It was either rape me or they'd go looking for you and I know you wouldn't have gone far."

"Whatever.

The next morning everyone's doing their daily routines, Carol and Beth looking after Judith and cleaning whilst Maggie and Glenn will be on watch, Rick,Carl,Hershel and Daryl will be in a trailer deciding on places to get supplies and more ammo and me I'd usually be with them but today I was curled up in my sleeping bag as I'm told to by Hershel.

"May I take a look?" Hershel asked sitting on the edge of the bed,

"I guess."

He rolled my shirt up to reveal my bandaged stomach, he slowly peeled them back to reveal Daryl's name and the stab wound, I winced as he cleaned it again to prevent infection, he then covered it with thinner bandages as it wasn't bleeding much now.

"It looks good, hopefully the healing process will be quick but I can't rule out scarring."

"I know, thank you Hershel."

"Your welcome."

"So am I able to walk around now?"

"Not really but you will anyway." He said giving me a small smile.

Damn guys that's as far as I've written up to at the moment, I will update as soon as I think I have a good length chapter so sorry guys might have to wait a day I'm not sure but bare with me, thank you for all the reads, the votes and the awesome comments you guys have been leaving me.

P.S - This chapter is unedited so sorry for any mistakes. X