Chapter 34

Not spelled or grammar checked.

I'm so sorry it has taken so long to get this story going again, I'm so thankful for you all sticking by me and being understanding. I had real bad writers block I was just completely stuck with what to write and how to get this story moving again, I even said I would re write from chapter 29 and then changed my mind so sorry for mucking you guys around a bit.

I really hope these couple chapters I have are worth the wait, I've tried to get Daryl and Mia's relationship moving a little quicker and hopefully I can now get this story heading in the direction I want.

Thank you for sticking with me! :)

~Rainie

We all raised our weapons snooping around and before I knew it all the cars had be claimed for the night so me and Daryl got stuck with the floor, they found it hilarious that Daryl didn't know the rules, the guys all turned in and me and Daryl laid beside each other just staring at the ceiling.

"I glad we found you."'I whispered,

"Get some sleep." He replied turning onto his side.

I gently reached out and touched his face, he was a little bruised but nothing to bad, he gently closed his eyes I couldn't tell if he enjoyed my touched or hated it. He pulled me into him not too close but close enough to feel the warmth radiate off of him.

When I woke Daryl's arm was wrapped around me and his face snuggling into my shoulder this all sending shivers down my spine although sleeping beside one another is something that's been ordinary for us somehow this feels different.

"Morning." He mumbled blowing my hair out of his face,

"Well good morning, didn't yah go hunting with the boys?"

"The boys huh?"

"You know what I mean Daryl."

"I went damn took half my kill." He sighed pulling himself away from me.

"You alright love birds?" Len sniggered.

I sighed pulling the blanket over my chest there was a slight chill in the air due to the door not closing properly, most of the guys were still asleep I mean there men I don't expect much else.

"You coming?" Daryl said offering me his hand.

"Where we going?" I asked taking it.

"Gonna go on watch."

"Taking over from Billy." Lou said getting out of one of the cars.

I nodded and brushed myself down then packed up the bedding and followed Daryl outside with all our belongings. He was rather silent with them and I knew the guys disliked him I'm not sure if they feel threatened or not either way it isn't good.

"I ain't liking this." Daryl said just enough for me to hear.

"Just bare with it, we don't have a choice we are better in numbers."

"They took half my kill." He snapped. "How are we supposed to eat?"

"They got rules, stupid ones but you gotta just go with it okay? Just for now."

"Gotta say claimed huh? Well it is bullshit." He growled.

"Still sore about halving that rabbit?" Len smirked leaning on the wall.

"Can you mind your own Len?" I asked giving him daggers.

"You what?"

"This ain't your conversation back off." I snapped.

"Ain't no women ever talk to me like that, you better watch yourself." He spat heading back inside.

"Stay away from him."

"I will don't worry."

Once everyone was awake Joe called the group inside to discuss our next move, he wanted to find a suitable place to settle before the big move to terminus what ever that was. The guys all stood circled around him but then they started to close in on Daryl.

"What's going on?"

"The rules are clear and if you break them there's consequences." Joe said squaring up to Daryl,

Daryl's fists tightened around what he was holding, "I ain't broke no damn rule."

"Yah stole my half of the rabbit, it ain't here." Len smirked holding open his empty sack.

"So maybe it's in here?" Joe said grabbing Daryl sack and emptying it.

I watched all his things fall onto the floor and that included the rabbit that was cut in half due to the disagreement Len and Daryl had earlier. They seemed to get closer to Daryl which only made everything worse.

"Teach him a lesson boys"

They all surrounded Daryl and all threw punches and kicks and he fell to the ground and when he did I cried out his name running towards him but I was grabbed and lifted by my stomach breaking my fresh stiches.

"Daryl!" I cried falling to my knees trying to stop my wound from bleeding but couldnt.

I curled up into a ball as it was the only other way I could apply pressure, I tried to drown out the moans of pain coming from Daryl but they echoed through me loud and clear.

I didnt remember much after that I must of passsed out but when I opened my eyes I had Daryls t shirt on me along with his hand firmly placed on my wound.

"Dont move." he mumbled in a low tone.

"Im cold." I said chattering my teeth.

"I know im trying my best here."

"Your face." I sighed touching it gently.

"Don't." He growled,

"There bad people Daryl."

He just mumbled and fumbled around his backpack to find the first aid kid we had claimed, I winced when he cleaned my wound with anti septic wipes but it was nothing compared to the discomfort to him stitching my wound again.

Thanks again for being so patient and understanding :)