Chapter 25

He stood there hugging me slightly swaying and looking at me like he still had something to say I gave him a look as if to say "C'mon spit it out."

"You can't go being a hero no more alright?"

"Fine." I sighed.

He awkwardly pulled out of the hug and brushed himself down which slapped a smile across my face he was finally letting his walls down letting someone in, when he finally looked back up at me I could see the scrapes and bruises clearly now,some old some new.

"Go get some food okay? I'll come out in a bit." I said giving a faint smile sitting down on the end of the bed.

He gave me a nod before leaving the trailer, I just sat there for a moment trying to gather my thoughts it's all a little weird that he's let his guard down although that's what I want but what I really want is to be able to kiss them sweet lips again without freaking him out or scaring him away.

I finally pushed myself to go join everyone outside, they were all quietly talking when I approached them all, I took my seat next to Daryl he didn't seem to mind and after that everything was quite as we ate.

When everyone had finished Beth started to sing, she has an amazing talent and you can see how proud Hershel is of his daughters, him and Rick are the only two here that still have real family around but now that doesn't really matter as everyone considers this group my family now.

"I wanted to discuss what we found out there."Rick said after Beth had finished.

"Did you find another place?" Carol asked.

"We did and it could be the best we've had yet." Rick answered. "But need to vote on this, who goes and who stays."

"Have you made sure the perimeter is safe? Nothing can get in? You can be walking into this place only a few on the outside but you don't know how many are inside." I said running my hand through my hair. "Truth is your going to get someone killed."

"And if we don't find a better more secure place to stay more people will get killed."

"Mia's right Rick there isn't many of us left anymore." Hershel said wisely.

"My plan is that we start early, I want to take Daryl,Michone,Glenn,Maggie and Mia leaving Carol and Carl to take care of the rest of you."

"Mia ain't going." Daryl said sternly. "She stays here she's needed here."

"I'd prefer having her with us, she's quick just like Glenn and she has a quite weapon like you." Rick said trying to convince Daryl,

"She ain't going."

"Rick she's still recovering she's done a lot for us while you've been gone she'll be better here." Carol said helping Daryl out.

Rick ran his hands over his face and let out a sigh, "I'd rather her with us the more people the better."

"I said she ain't going Rick." Daryl snapped,

"Doesn't Mia get to make the choice?" Beth pitched in.

"I want to stay here, because if anything happens it leaves Judith and Hershel vulnerable."

"Fine Mia,Carl,Carol and Hershel will stay here, I want people on watch at all times though okay?"

Everybody gave a slight nod apart from Carl he wanted to be with his dad and he wanted to see the action I think he craves to be apart of something most of the time.

"Why can't I come?" Carl said folding his arms over his chest.

"I need you to keep them safe that's why." Rick replied squeezing carls shoulder.

"You said the more people the better, I can come instead of Mia."

"I need you to stay here, your in charge until I get back okay?"

He didn't exactly say yes but he gave a slight nod and with all that cleared up everyone turned in and again Rick was taking our best people out and running into god knows what I hope for their sake that there's no walkers inside.

"Thank you." Daryl mumbled laying beside me,

"What for?"

"For agreeing to stay here."

"I'd rather stay here and help Carl look after the place then be with you and watch someone get hurt." I sighed,

"I know."

"I worry about your more than anyone, you'd put yourself in danger for anyone in this group."

He just laid there and didn't bother replying which really got under my skin I turned my body to face him and his eyes slowly connected with mine, them beautiful blue eyes that melt my heart every time.

"I don't want you coming back hurt this time." I said,

"You know I can't promise that." He mumbled.

"Don't be risking your life then at least promise me that."

"Fine."

I just sighed and looked away from him I know he will do anything to protect the people in his group because it's the kind of person he is now. Neither of us moved we just laid next to one another and all you could hear was our breathing.

"You mad at me?" He asked.

I turned my body again to look at him and cocked an eyebrow, "Why would I be mad?"

"You acting like you mad."

"No I'm not mad Daryl I'm scared."

"You think I can't handle myself or something?"

"You don't get it I'm scared you won't come back." I sighed.

He just looked at me with the Beautiful blues I could see the sadness and the confusion in his in them, he let out a small sigh and ran his hand through his dirty hair and then slowly gave my eye contact again.

"I told you I ain't no good at this stuff." He mumbled now pulling at his hair slightly.

"Didn't exactly say what you weren't good at though." I said with a tiny smirk.

"I ain't no good with feelings, you happy now?"

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"C'mere." He said in his rough voice pulling me closer to him.

He pulled me into his chest placing one of his hands on the small of my back and the other supporting his head whilst I hand one of my hands gently placed onto his chest and the other under my head supporting me.

"You ain't got nothing to be scared of I ain't going no where." He mumbled into my ear,

"Good." I sigh clutching his shirt tightly.

Short chapter guys I'm really sorry I feel like I'm letting you down I also don't feel that these chapters I'm writing are anywhere near good enough, I want to thank you all for the reads,votes and comments :) They make my day!! Don't forget to check out my Norman Reedus story :) making a new trailer for My Red Neck Angel too so keep your eyes peeled for that on the side of the next chapter.

P.S I'm thinking wether or not to stop writing these stories because I feel my writing has gone down hill I don't think its as good as it was at the start of both of my stories and I feel like I'm letting you guys down with the quality of these chapters and how often I update uh... Give me some feedback not forcing you to and in no way will it make me stop writing I'm just thinking about it I feel like I let my readers down a lot that's all... Rainie x

Twitter- @RainieUndead