Chapter 4

Daryl's P.O.V

Mia had just ran out of the cell block after just being shot, she's stupid to think I'd let her go out there by herself, I watched on as Rick and Hershel spoke between themselves and I guess its my redneck ass that's got to go out there and get her.

"She shouldn't be out there not in her condition." Hershel sighed.

"Guess it's up to me right?" I mumbled slinging my cross bow over my shoulder.

I followed Mia outside and I watched her for a second, storming towards the front gates before following her.

"You should be resting." I mumbled walking in toe with her.

"Leave me alone." She growled.

"Are you stupid?" I snapped.

She stopped and span on her heel to face me. "No I'm just trying to get away from that cell I had enough of being cage! I'm gonna kill them fuckers!"

"Are you stupid women! You nearly died yesterday!" I snapped.

"But I didn't."

"You Really want to get yourself killed."

She sighed and ran her fingers through her long dirty red hair, I take a look at the woodlands in front of us, I quickly took a look back at the prison and as soon as I returned my eyes to her she had started walking again.

"Don't make me drag you back."

"Whatever."

"Fine you asked for it!"

I grabbed her waist and threw her over my shoulder, she kicked and screamed and then finally fell limp but her mouth didn't give in as I headed back to the cell block.

"Daryl please put me down!" She screamed.

I smirked and just carried on walking, Glenn opened the cell block doors and I put her down in her cell she folder her arms she was not happy.

"Want to get out of this cell?"

She nodded so I grabbed her bed and took it to the landing that I slept on, my landing away from everyone and it was open no cage to hold her back. Just what she wanted.

"What the hell?"

"You wanted to be out of that cell and it's open up here."

"But you sleep up here." She said looking innocently at me.

"And then for the rest of the day I ain't so make the most of it."

She headed back down to her cell to retrieve her stuff and went to place them by her newly positioned bed up on the landing where I slept, I watched her set them down and when she turned and gave her a slight nod and left her to it.

Mia's P.O.V

It was now dark and the group were getting ready to sleep. Daryl was finishing up his watch ready to swap with Glenn, I laid in my bed which was now next to Daryl's and looked out the barred windows I could see the stars and that's something I haven't seen in sometime, I was startled when Daryl came up the stairs he stood there for a second before sitting on the edge of his bed and taking off his boots, belt and shirt.

"You cold?" He asked in his gruff voice.

"Nope." I sighed as he laid down, we were centimetres apart.

"What you staring at?" He said trying to look at what I was watching.

"The stars." I pointed.

He grunted and rolled over but the sheets didn't quite cover his back and I could see the extent of his scars, I reached out and touched his back he flinched at my touch but then froze.

"They cause you pain don't they."

"What would you know?" He grunted once again.

"Your skins tight that's why,it needs moisturising." I started to gently rub it and he didn't seem to mind.

He was still as I rubbed his back so I started to trace my fingers over some of the scars and his tattoos and then I heard his little snore and smiled I carried on for a good 10 minutes before I fell asleep.

When I woke his lips were right by my ears I could hear his breath and I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not until he sighed. I turned my head and he was awake he looked at me as if to say he was innocent I then turned my whole body.

"I didn't thank you."

He grunted. "Who else would have saved your ass?"

I giggled and smiled at him and then what Carol said popped into my head. 'Surprise him and he'll surprise you'

"So country boy you cleaning out the next block today?"

"I guess."

He looked over me down to where Rick was standing looking at a map of the prison he was talking to Glenn. I looked at him and moved his hair from his eyes he flinched but didn't push me away.

"There's showers in the next block I'm hoping they work."

He huffed and sat up and put his boots on and threw on his shirt and headed down with his cross bow over his shoulder.

"You can stay here you don't need no more injuries." He huffed.

"What?" I was shocked that he was telling me I had to stay.

"Your not coming and that's final."

"Since when did you tell me what to do?" I growled sitting up folding my arms.

He grunted and headed downstairs, I sighed and got off my bed I watched Daryl walk out of the cell block he looked back at me I gave a small smile and headed down stairs to the rest of the group.

"Mia you need any clothes washing?" Carol asked.

"No but I can help you out with any other washing you have."

"Aren't you going with Rick to clear out the shower block?"

"Daryl said I should rest so I guessed Rick and Hershel would say the same."

"Aw honey one day of rest won't be that bad." She smiled knowing I wanted to go.

"Maggie!" Daryl said storming in.

She looked over at him. "What do you want?"

"Rick needs an extra hand seeming that Mia is out of order."

"Excuse me?" I said snapping my head round.

He smirked and left the cell block with Maggie behind him, "Good luck." Carol said with a smile.

"Where's Carl?" I said looking for him.

"Out on watch and Judith is in Ricks cell having her nap."

I sighed and rubbed my rib that had been shot, I was nervous now not knowing what was going on with the clear out I guess I really do care for him.

"You like Daryl?" Beth smirked.

I smiled a little and let out a small giggled. "Maybe a little."

She giggled. "He sure likes you though he never takes his eyes off yah."

I raised my eyebrows, "Doesn't act like it but I guess he can't."

Carol laughed. "Men are complicated."

"You're telling me."

Chapter 4 down, I hope it wasn't that bad I have worked hard on this and I know it isn't an amazing story but hey I'm trying.

Please comment if you have any improvement ideas for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks :D