Chapter 17

Slowly hobbling over to my Trailer Hershel's expression showed concern, he looked like he was going to say something and I wasn't wrong.

"You shouldn't be out of bed." Hershel said.

"She wants to be in her own Trailer Hershel that's all." Carol smiled.

"You need any help?" Daryl asked standing in the trailers doorway.

I nodded and he reached his hand out for me to take and helped me into the Trailer, Carol came in to make sure I was okay and then left to go back to the others, I was sitting on the bed with Daryl who was leaning out then window making more bolts.

"How you feeling?" I asked.

"Wish everyone would stop asking me that." He mumbled.

"You know it's only because we care, but I know what you mean."

"How about you?"

"Really freaking sore, my shoulders ache who am I kidding everything aches."

"C'mere." He grunted standing at the side of the bed.

I shuffled over to him even with the pain it caused me, I was surprised when he started to massage my shoulders he was pretty good and I could already feel myself relaxing and I didn't notice I was moaning slightly.

"Thank you." I groaned loosening from his grip,

He just grunted and went back to the window and carried on carving bolts, I laid back and watched him, he was pretty skilled he knew how to hunt and track and now carve bolts what can't he do?

" Well maybe I'm a crook
for stealing your heart away
and maybe I'm a crook
for not caring for it.
Yes, maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person,
Well baby I know.

And these fingertips
will never run through your skin
and those bright blue eyes
can only meet mine
across a room, filled with people
that are less important than you.

All cause you, love, love, love
when you know I can't love.
You love, love, love
when you know I can't love.
You love, love, love,
when you know I can't love you.

So i think it's best
we both forget
before we dwell on it.
The way you held me so tight
all through the night,
'till it was near morning." I sung knowing it kind of related to me and Daryl but of course he didn't pay attention I just sung myself sleep.

I woke up in darkness the only light was the moon, I looked around but I was pretty sure I was alone, I didn't really want to risk getting up and not having anyone to help me if I fell but I decided what the heck.

Gently placing my bare feet on the soft carpet of the trailer I slowly stood using the bed and the wall for support I took a couple steps before falling flat on my face because Daryl scared me shit-less coming into the room.

"Jesus Daryl!" I laughed. "You scared the shit outta me!"

"Sorry I uh come to get you for dinner."

"It's fine, help a girl out here?"

He nodded and held his hands out for me to take, slowly I stood but our faces were so close to one another he didn't know what to do he just froze, I smirked a little and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks for helping me up."

"Ain't a problem."

"Why do you look like a dear In the headlights?" I giggled.

"What cha kiss me for?" He asked with a hard look on his face.

"To thank you ,your a good man Daryl." I smiled slightly holding onto the door and slowly walking out of the room.

"You gonna be alright? You want any help or?"

"Just stay behind me I don't wanna fall again, clumsy as I am."

He just nodded and I started walking again as soon as I did Daryl's hand was placed gently on the small of my back, it was sweet but I knew it was only because he didn't want me to fall.

"How are feeling?" Beth said walking up to me.

"Better still sore though." I smiled.

Daryl walked me to the logs where everyone was sitting around the fire eating, he didn't leave my side through dinner he didn't talk to me but he still had his eye on me.

"Yah okay?" I asked Daryl.

"I'm fine."

"Y'all sure? You being pretty quite."

"Stop your worrying women." He mumbled getting up and leaving his plate to be washed up.

I watched him walk to the trailer we shared with Michonne, his crossbow slumped over his shoulder and his cute little strut he has, I felt myself smirking watching him and then was snapped back to reality.

"He's still a threat." Michonne spoke looking into the fire.

"We can't keep running, this is the best place we've had yet." Beth said.

"But he's still a threat who else is he gonna take he could of killed us."

"We just need to keep our guard up no one goes out unless there's three people we can't risk you being out numbered."

They all nodded and from that they carried on eating, I looked down and my food and then back at our trailer, fuck it I'm not a baby I'm gonna go it alone I need to see if Daryl's okay.

Slowly rising to my feet everyone's eyes were on me I guess they were still weary of my condition, Carol said she'd help me over but I shrugged her off and headed over the the trailer although I wasn't as quick as I'd of liked to of been I made it.

"Daryl?" I called stepping into the trailer.

"What?" His voice mumbled, but I couldn't pin point him,

"Don't be scaring the shit outta me, where are you?"

"Here." He sighed walking out from the bathroom, he'd put small band aids over his cuts.

"Are you sure your..."

"I said I'm fine quit your worrying."

"No I'm genuinely worried about you, since coming back you've been acting so weird!" I explained.

"Listen..." He said getting up in my face, "I don't need you worry about my ass if anyone's ass should be worried about its yours, heck we saved you but you brought it in yourself."

"What? I didn't ask them to kidnap us Daryl." I said slightly raising my voice.

"Nah but you let him rape you!" He growled.

I was shocked to hear this since when did he care? Well he does save my ass a lot but that's just because I'm apart of the group right?

"Why do you care? When your a women it's better to let them do it then to resist its not like I had a damn choice I was tied to a chair for god sake." I said with a slight temper.

"What ever just forget it." He muttered .

"No Daryl, I won't forget it because you care about me, admit it."

"Your just apart of the group It ain't nothing else."

"Your the one decent thing I have left don't push me away." I whimpered trying so hard to fight the tears.

"I don't need you and i ain't nothing to you! Why don't y'all leave me the hell alone!" He snapped slamming the trailer door behind him.

I fell back onto the couch and brought my knees up to my face and finally let the emotions building up free, tears streamed down my face as I stared into the darkness, ever since Scarlet had been gone he'd been like my angel, saving my ass every time I was in danger, but I can't cope with him pushing everyone who cares for him away, I don't know how people do it.

"I need you." I whispered to myself.

Aw...kind of sad huh? Guys your basically one or two chapters away from where I have got to writing it up, no no this isn't the end I have just written the story up on notepad to a point and we are nearly there since I am lost for ideas or ways to get these guys together... Damn well I hope you are enjoying this, I'm so thankful for the votes and the reads you have no idea how this has helped me, it's putting a smile in my face, I'm not stressed, I'm getting sleep now so thank you so much... Xx :)