Chapter 47- "Girly Scent"

Sorry for any mistakes!

Daryl's p.o.v

I watched Rick give orders to the others whilst I readied my crossbow before getting the nod of approval from him. We all stuck in a small formation putting down all the walkers that surrounded the church. I had such a nasty feeling inside me every time a bolt pierced through a walker it was a feeling of enjoyment and anger just knowing that one of these things had the ability to kill you.

I clenched my jaw just going for it I was either using my crossbow or my knife alternating between the two but it was them gut retrenching screams filling the air that bothered me the most. Just reminded me of when Mia got stuck out here.

"C'mon!" Rick yelled.

We darted towards the screams finding two people fighting off what look to be a dozen walkers we could take em, we couldn't just leave them to die. I aimed for the first walker taking it out with ease before pulling out my knife taking out some more walkers it wasn't easy but we managed.

"Thank you." The girl said gasping for air holding her machete tight.

"We'd of been biter food, thank you."

I looked the guy up and down, he was about Ricks heigh with dirty blonde hair just shorter than mine he gave me a weird look before taking a couple glances at the rest of us, I knew what was coming next the three questions.

"What's your names?" Rick asked,

"I'm Ruby this is my Brother Ben."

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"What's it too you?" The brother snapped.

"Unless you wanna stay out here it's important." I mumbled.

"A couple dozen maybe hundreds." Ruby spoke.

"How many people have you killed?"

"Two." Ben said hanging his head.

"Why?"

"They were our parents, they were bit." The sister spoke.

I watched the brother he looked a little off I suppose being surrounded by walkers did that to him but none the less I didn't like the way he looked at me. Rick decided that they could stay with us until they found there feet and I agreed we're better in numbers.

Mia's p.o.v

The screaming stopped and I hoped everything was okay, after they left I went back into the back room of the church where me and Daryl were before ,some how anything that smelled of him soothed me so just laying in his sheets stopped me worrying for a while.

"You can stay in here, just don't wake her." Daryl's gruff voice said,

"Thank you." A female voice squeaked.

The door closed quietly and I listened on, there was some shuffling telling me there was at least two people in here. Why would Daryl put them in here? I tried to ignore the little sounds they made not wanting to turn and see who they were I was too tired. My eyes where feeling heavy and I knew sooner or later Id be out like a light.

"How do we know that ain't a biter?" The male voice growled.

"They seem nice enough, just trust someone for once."

A light clicked on and was shone on me I tried to give the impression I was asleep but it wasn't that, that scared him. He jolted backwards cursing slightly before dragging the girl over to my side only to hear her gasp.

"They put us in here with some infected chick!" He snapped.

"Ben calm down." She sighed.

"I ain't letting this go."

The door flung open smashing into the wall and I listened in to hear him yell at the others he got what he deserved, Daryl bellowed back at him putting him in his place this church was pretty much paper thin walls I don't know how Gabriel survived.

"What's going on?" I groaned clutching the blanket around my body.

"I told you not to wake her." Daryl sighed.

"She's bit! I ain't sleeping near her!"

"Ben calm down already, she looks fine to me." The blonde haired girl said pointing to me.

"Are you blind Ruby!" He snapped grabbing my arm causing me to yelp.

"Get off me." I groaned snatching my arm away.

"That's a bite! She could turn at any time."

"She's immune." Hershel spoke. "She was bitten a couple weeks ago, no fever no symptoms what so ever."

"Shut up old man."

"How about you shut up, we let you into our group and your running your mouth about something you have no clue about. I'm immune alright? I wouldn't bite you even if I was a walker." I growled returning to the room.

That idiot, It wouldn't surprise me that him and that girl got caught up with them walkers if he runs his mouth like that. I slumped on the couch shivering slightly it was kind of cold and everything had gone silent I guess that fool finally understood. Idiot.

"You alright?" Daryl asked leaning in the doorway.

"I'm cold." I shivered,

I watched as he entered the room glancing down at their stuff before quickly throwing it outside into the church and closing the door. I smirked slightly when he pulled his shirt over his head sitting beside me. Resume positions ey?

"Maybe this time we won't have any interruptions."

I nodded waiting for him to get comfortable, he laid on his side with his shoulders against the back of the couch. He looked at me as if he was scared to touch me making me smile, before I could do anything he delicately pulled my shirt off replacing it with his.

"Looks good you." He blushed.

"Smells like you."I hummed snuggling his chest.

"What like dirt and sweat?"

I giggled, "Just your scent."

"I don't get it."

"Smell me, I have a scent too ,like animals."

He hesitated at first, I pushed some of my hair away revealing my neck he slowly bent down,his lips just grazing the sensitive skin on my neck making my insides feel like mush and I'm pretty sure if I was standing my legs would buckle underneath me.

"Mm." He grunted, "You smell all girly."

I cupped my mouth trying to contain my laugh, "I didn't know girly was a scent."

"Did you like that?"

"Like what?"

"When I yah know, smelt your neck."

"I liked how close you were." I blushed, "It's a girl thing I think."

"like this?" He asked.

Pressing his rough lips to my neck his facial hair on his chin tickled me a bit but sent that dreaded sensation to my core, dreaded for me anyway. My breath hitched slightly as he kissed my neck some more trailing them down to my collar bone.

"I told you I'd get yah back."

---------------------------
So a little teasing going on there and we have some new meat in the group! I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet I haven't got that far haha :) I hope you enjoyed and please tell me what you think in the comments I love talking to you guys! Comment,Vote and Follow! ~Rainie