From Protector To Lady Chapter 16

*Stanton's P.O.V.*

"You will over exert yourself, your energy expenditure is too much. Pace yourself," I huffed as I blocked another blow Philip tried to connect to my body.

I saw his face scrunch in frustration as he continued to push forward.

"Listen to me, pace yourself," I said again, my voice stern as I stepped backwards, adjusting to his quick steps forward.

     He grunted as he kept slashing away, his blows coming heavy and hard, but like I expected, they began to slow eventually. His energy was waning; he pushed too hard too fast.

     Still pushing forward, his arm lazily swung the sword around, his face scrunched in concentration.

     Becoming frustrated, I parried a blow and advanced on him, striking him on the side of the knee sharply with the wooden sword before knocking him on the ground.

"You are a fool, calm yourself. What has gotten into you?" I spat as he quickly pushed himself up and began advancing upon me again.

     His breathing was heavy and sweat trickled down the side of his face as he eyes slit into tiny beads of aggression.

     Becoming tired of his immature game, I dodged a thrust and grabbed his wrist, squeezing it tight until the sword dropped from his hand. Once it hit the ground I kicked it out of the way. I barely had time to avoid his fist which came flying towards my face.

"Philip! Stop acting like a child. You were fighting recklessly, if you were to do that in an actual battle you would not have lasted mere minutes, You cannot use all of your energy like that when your stamina has not yet been built for it. I am only trying to train you as I have been instructed," I growled as I stared at the young prince, his hands clenched into tight fists at his sides.

"This is not about training," he spoke, his voice rumbling quietly.

"Well what Philip, what could have possibly gotten you so worked up that you wish to try and remove my head from my very shoulders?"

"You Stanton. It is you. All of you. I cannot stand you! The way you strut around high and mighty as if everybody should look up upon you makes me positively sick. The way you use women as nothing but play things, are you even capable of producing human feelings and interactions? Why must you play with her when she deserves so much more?" Philip spoke quickly, his face turning red.

My body instantly heated as my veins ran with fire.

"You are nothing but an insolent child, you do not know anything of me," I said, my own hands now clenched into fists. I would not waste the time or the energy arguing with this boy.

"I am finished with you for today," I spoke quickly as I turned and began walking away.

"Well I am not finished with you," Philip said as he ran up to my side. "Rebecca deserves a man who will treat her right. Not somebody who will use her and then throw her to the side as he chases a new conquest simply because he becomes bored with her in bed."

     I clenched my jaw as I concentrated on the horizon passed Philip's head. I could not look at his face, in fear that I would act physically against him.

"I repeat myself. You know nothing of me. Let Rebecca speak for herself. She will choose the man she wishes to be with, if she ever decides to want one. We will leave it at that. Goodbye, Philip."

     I turned and walked away, my heart pounding in my chest with the adrenaline that was pumping through my body from being on the offensive. I was ready to strike, and I would have had he not been the prince.