Chapter 8

I headed towards our cell block as I said I wasn't hanging around to watch bodies burn because for one I didn't want to experience the smell of rotting flesh it wasn't something anyone enjoyed.

"What were the gun shots?" Hershel said approaching me when I walked in,

"The two guys who shot me had the nerve to come here and ask for our fuel and seeming we didn't give it over they held their guns to my head and Rick and Daryl choose me over them."

"So we just kill harmless people?" Carol said.

"They shot me and they held me at gun point that's not harmless."

I ignored their stares and went up to my bed, i laid there just humming to myself by the time the bodies finished burning everyone was settling down getting ready for some shut eye, Daryl didn't join me up on the landing straight away I guess he was checking the fire was out before he did.

"You not asleep yet?" He asked sitting on the edge of his bed.

These beds were movable and Daryl called them cots I didn't quite understand that as it wasn't a cot but I guess it was what the prisoners called them as even Rick called them that, he removed his shirt and I could see his shoulder tattoos and all his scars they were really bad, our beds were joined to make one big bed as there wasn't enough room to leave space in the middle.

"Nah I can't sleep."

He laid down and pulled the covers up to his chin and rolled over to face me his eyes slowly moved from looking down traveling up my face to meet my baby blue eyes, he looked peaceful laying there watching me, I gave a sweet smile and snuggled closer to him.

"Thank you for today."

"What for shooting them guys?"

"That and for the small advice."

He gave a flat smile to me, and him innocently watching me turned into him gazing at me taking In all my facial features and taking in everything I said. I shivered as a gust of wind came through the barred windows, I snuggled Down into my covers closing my eyes.

"You cold."

I nodded and before I could do a thing he'd pulled me into him wrapping his arms around my waist keeping me warm, his arms were strong and this felt natural I hadn't done this in years but I felt somewhat confident In him.

"Thank you." I whispered snuggling myself.

I laid there snuggled up in my sleeping bag watching Daryl's eyes watch me he didn't realise I was watching him but he was different he seemed relaxed laying there.

"How's your back?" I asked catching his attention.

"Still sore but I'm used to it."

"When I'm ready to go out on a run I'll see what I can find to sooth it."

He nodded and we shared a gaze for a moment before I broke it by sneezing, "Bless you."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Get some sleep."

I gave one last smile and closed my eyes and fell asleep, it was a chilly night but not that chilly that I couldn't sleep, when I woke Daryl was gone and the cell block was still silent.

I sat up and looked down, I could see Beth watching Daryl feed Judith, I looked at my wrist watch it was 6am I hint of jealousy washed over my body as she gazed at him I knew it was probably nothing but it still hit me.

"Morning." I whispered tiptoeing down the steps with my boots in my hands.

They looked over to me, Beth gave a big smile and Daryl gave me a small smile trying not to be so obvious I guess.

"She sleep okay?"

Beth nodded, I stood I front of Daryl who was swaying side to side whilst feeding Judith and stroked her cheek and gave her a small kiss on the head before taking a seat with Beth.

"Daryl's going on a run after this feed we need more formula for Judith and diapers will you go with him?"

I looked at him and he shrugged. "I don't really know of I'm feeling strong enough yet." I rubbed my ribs.

"You'll be fine." He said checking the bottle was empty.

I looked at him with confused yet surprised eyes , i didn't think that he'd let me go after all I'm still recovering and he didn't even let me clean out a cell block with him and the others so I'm just shocked he'd take me on a run it being just two people.

He put the bottle down and hesitated what to do next , Beth held out her arms to take Judith and he handed her over and brushed his clothes down and then looked at me.

"I'm ready to head out when you are."

"I'll grab my stuff and meet you."

I headed back up to my bed and grabbed my bow, slung my arrows over my back and put my gun in its holster and checked I had my knife, I hooked my bow over my neck and shoulder making it secure and grabbed my bag to put any supplies in and headed back down and out the prison.

"You ready?" He said chewing on his thumb.

"Yup."

I had everything I owned slung over my back, I watched him as he threw his leg over his bike and then turned to see why I wasn't doing the same, I soon joined him on the bike wrapping my arms around his waist, he kicked the stand up and turned on the bike giving it a couple revs and then we headed down to the main gates, I got off and opened them and closed them and off we went on the hunt for formula and supplies.

"Where we heading?" I shouted so he could hear.

"There's another nursery down the road I thought we could check" he shouted.

It took a good half hour to find this place, we made our way up to the small nursery it was completely deserted there were swings and a climbing frame outside, we got off and Daryl scanned the area.

"Want me to go in first?" He asked.

"I can handle it."

I pulled out my knife and headed for the door, It was locked so I went through the broken window, using the torch that was from my backpack I scanned the room I saw cupboards and I headed straight for them.

Searching the cupboard I found 4 tins of formula and some more baby bottles for Judith, Daryl soon joined me and we searched the rest of the place, collecting more baby grows, diapers, a couple blankets, a rattle and teddy bear and last of all a pack of pacifiers.

"There's nothing else here." I said zipping up my back pack.

"Alright let's saddle up."

We headed on finding a supermarket we went in together after making sure no walkers were about, we were light on our feet and we didn't wanna hang around for long, we needed more toiletries and clothes plus anything else we could find was a bonus.

"C'mon I'm not hanging around." He said hurrying to his bike.

I followed him to his bike and the walkers started to appear, his bike must of attracted them and i didn't give it a second guess and threw my leg over the bike and he started it and off we rode.

"That was close." I said loud enough for him to hear.

He didn't reply he just kept his eyes on the road, I tightened my grip and rested my head on his shoulder, I watched as we sped up because more walkers were appearing walking around the roads aimlessly I guess he was being careful not to hit one.

When we finally stopped it was at a small gas station, I take it he needed to fill up and whilst he did that I checked inside, there were a couple cans of food which I stuffed into my back pack and a couple bottles of water which I took with me before returning to Daryl.

"Find anything?" He asked raising his eyebrows,

"Couple cans and some water."

He nodded and saddled up, I watched him and tilted my head showing that I was admiring him, he turned his head and a small smirk appeared as he realised I was checking him out.

"Yah coming or not?"

"Yeah I'm coming." I smiled getting on his bike.

Being on this bike feels like the world never went to shit it feels like I'm free, the wind blowing my bright red hair, it put a smile on my face for once, it helped me forget everything, my grip was tight on Daryl when we slowed I peered around him and saw the heard of walkers they were heading straight for us, Daryl rolled the bike back as quick as he could and headed back in the direction we came.

"We going to have to circle round." He said loud enough for me to hear.

"That's 2 herds in the space of an hour." I replied.

"I know." He said his voice was unsure and slightly worried.

When we finally had the prison in our sights the walkers around the prison were piling up there were more and more each day and they weren't even spreading out deep down inside I knew this wasn't them just lurking and finding this place something was attracting them.

"You alright?" Daryl said helping me off the bike.

I watched as the walkers hung onto the fences my face full of worry. "There being attracted here."

He sighed, "Its not your job to worry about that."

I whipped my head round so fast I could of knocked Daryl over. "There threatening people's lives we're going to get over run."

He ran his fingers through his hair and then span on his heel heading into the prison with the supplies we had gathered. I soon followed after taking one more look at the flesh thirsty animals threatening the lives of our group.

Hey sorry if this is a boring chapter, nothing really exciting happened and sorry if there's loads of mistakes as I'm uploading this without editing it on my laptop first so I am sorry. Hoe you enjoyed.