Chapter 8 vegemite and confetti

My eyes slowly flickered open to reveal the white ceiling of my room and the harsh Rays Of the morning sun. I attempted to shield my eyes with my hands as I let out a low groan, my head was pounding and I felt like absolute shit.
Well at least I'm finally sixteen I thought as a large lazy smile spread across my face and I let out a giggle but quickly regretted it when my headache got worse. I looked over to my left to find a glass of water and some Panadol on my bedside table, I quickly took the pill and washed it down with some water before getting up and stumbling to the bathroom.

'Hmmm what should I wear on this special day' I thought tapping my chin. 'The new jeans we bought last week' Krysten answered as she let out a yawn. I had to admit Even if she was just a sign of my sanity slipping away she was pretty helpful. 'Of course I'm helpful' she answered in a duh voice. 'We have to look really nice today we might find our mate' I just rolled my eyes at her and pulled my new pair of jeans out of the shopping bag since I hadn't been bothered to put them away. I slipped the jeans on before wandering over to my wardrobe to pick a shirt, I probably stood there for about half an hour before finally settling on a green Anthem made tank top and a black leather jacket. I bent down and picked out my maroon vans before putting them on and exiting my room.

 I bent down and picked out my maroon vans before putting them on and exiting my room

When I entered the kitchen I received multiple stares and whispered which was a little strange but I just shrugged it off and made some toast

When I entered the kitchen I received multiple stares and whispered which was a little strange but I just shrugged it off and made some toast. "Vic have you managed to buy any vegemite yet?" I asked as I sat next to him at the table. "No and this may come as a surprise to you Saska but that Australian spread isn't sold in America." All of my cousins and Jack then all simultaneously let out over exaggerated gasps while slapping their cheeks in mock shock. "You mean to tell me that vegemite, the gross spread that is only sold in Australia and New Zealand isn't in America....no way" Pete said looking at Vic as if he had just said he had killed his dog.

"Yep" he simply answered before letting out a cute little giggle. "Yeah okay guys I get it, I just wanted to be sure" they then all turned serious. "You haven't experienced anything weird this morning have you?" Josh asked. 'Oh if you mean the weird glowy eyes and crazy voice that I see and hear every morning then sure' "just a massive headache" I said and the boys agreed with me as they all started rubbing there heads. "Well you know just in case we'll keep watch over you" Alex said and Jack nodded before he stuffed some toast in his face.