Chapter 17- Attitudes

'And I'm burning out
Every single second I am learning now
Oh every single minute I am trying out
Living life tonight without a light

Understand that my mind is away, today
And understand that my colours are grey'

"You guys are really gross you know that right?" Fletcher stated coming out of his hiding spot and shoving his hands into the pockets of his extremely tight jeans. Andy and I broke away from each other, the mood of peace and care had completely vanished and I found myself wanting to strangle the black- haired boy in front of me. "She's my mate, I'm allowed to be 'gross' with her," Andy smirked making quote gestures with his fingers. "Whatever," Fletcher drawled, rolling his eyes.

"By the way Alaska, if you ever get sick of Mr.Possessive over here," he gestured over at Andy while smirking, "you know where to find me." With that he sauntered of, sassily swaying his hips and pushing his chest out. I let out a small giggle at his antics while the fuming alpha next to me seemed anything but amused, "I'm going to kill him," he growled allowing his canines to elongate in a threatening way. I placed a hand on his Chest preventing him from stomping off in search of his brother's blood. "Orrrr....  you could spend some time with me," I offered, batting my eyelashes up at him.

I honestly had no idea where this was coming from, I just all of a sudden had the urge to spend as much of my time with him as possible. He looked down at me surprised before realisation seemed to have dawned on him. "I see the mate bond is working." That's why I feel like this?! Anger suddenly coursed through me, how the fuck was I supposed to get away when I couldn't stand being a way from him?! "So that's why I want to spend time with you?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Well not necessarily, it could also be because you actually enjoy my company," he quipped, raising his eyebrow back at me.

"Touché." He laughed before wrapping his arms around me in a cute side hug, I instantly melted into his embrace loving the safe feeling that seemed to have engulfed me. "Andy?"
" Mmmmm," he hummed back, gently stroking my hair.
"When can I see my friends and family?" I questioned, turning myself so I was looking up at him. His eyes instantly darkened and the atmosphere changed from safe to tense in under a second, he pulled away from the hug and began pacing in a small circle around my awaiting figure. I didn't understand his sudden hostility, I had every right to ask about my friends and family, he couldn't possibly want to keep me away from the only people who have ever seemed to of cared about me.... Right?

"Andy.." I tried again but he cut me off before I could finish.
"NO!" He roared, approaching me almost as if he was a hunter and I was his prey.
"Please I..."
"NO! I will not allow you to go anywhere near that pathetic pack again!" Anger immediately shot through me like a bullet, how dare he call my pack pathetic! how dare he call the people I cared about the most in this world pathetic!

Before I could register what I was doing my hand shot up and collided with his cheek, leaving a large red mark. By now I was seething and couldn't bring myself to regret my actions, his eyes had turned a demonic shade of black and his canines had fully elongated to the point where they could definitely break skin, yet I still couldn't find an ounce of regret in my body. In fact quite the opposite, I found myself smiling at my work of art that was now painted across his cheek in the form of a large bruise.

"You're going to regret that little mate," he gritted out.
"Oh am I now?" I teased, dramatically placing my hand over my heart in mock concern.
I know I was just adding wood to the fire but I couldn't help myself, I became extremely sarcastic when I was angry....well that and violent.
"Apologise now!" He seethed, clenching and unclenching his fists continuously.
I took a step towards him so I was only a breath away before standing on my tippy toes so I could reach his ear. "Or what?" I whispered before turning on my hell and walking away.

"Alaska!"
"Alaska, get back here!"
I continued on walking hoping he would get the hint that I wanted to be alone but apparently he was stupider than I thought considering he appeared in front of me, blocking my exit. "Don't. Ever. Walk. Away. From. Me.again" he spat each word out with so much venom I involuntarily flinched.
"Will you let me see my pack?" I asked.
"Never!" He yelled grabbing onto my wrists.
"Then I will continue to walk away from you," I said, trying to pull my wrists from his hold.
"Then I'll just have to make sure you can't move," he whispered in my ear before dragging me off in some unfamiliar direction.

Maids, and workers looked at me with sympathy and I suddenly remembered the monster that every one new Andy to be. I had begun to think he really was just misunderstood but I realised now that he was I fact a monster, he was just good at hiding it at times. The maids had soon left my sight, replaced by a large metal door that looked to have about eight different locks perched in different places on it. Fear began to coil up inside of me as I started to realise the danger that awaited me in the room that lied beyond the quickly approaching door.

Once we reached it, I watched silently as Andy unlocked each lock, each one looking more complicated than the last.
Once the last lock had been taken care of, he opened the large door. A long creak sounded throughout the dark room as the heavy door slowly swung open, he pulled me into the room allowing the darkness to engulf the two of us. I heard a click before lights began to flicker on quickly illuminating the previously dark room. The first thing I noticed was the rows upon rows of cells and the horrid stench that seemed to follow you no matter where you went. There were no windows in sight and each cell was packed to the brim with people, I noticed some of the prisoners consisted of young children and immediate disgust filled me at the thought of the man beside me locking up these poor kids.

He pushed me along to an empty cell in the corner where he opened the door and shoved me inside. I looked around noticing the small, cot- like bed in the centre of the tiny room, there was also a bucket placed beside it and I didn't even want to think about its use. "Wow some mate you are," I finally spoke avoiding eye contact, I couldn't even describe the betrayal I felt right now. My wolf was whining and I quite frankly wasn't happy about this situation either.
"This is what happens when people disobey me," he shrugged, making me want to curse him out.
"I'm not 'people' I'm your mate and what happened to being equals, huh?" I questioned staring at him with obvious hurt in my eyes. "Equals respect each other and you disrespected me." God I wanted to reach through the bars and strangle him! "You didn't respect me, you won't even let me visit my fucking pack!" I yelled at him.
"I will not tolerate that language from you, my mate will be polite!" He shouted back at me.
"Oh so you want me to be that perfect little trophy mate, you know what? Fuck you!" I screamed at him banging my fists at the bars in front of him before wincing because they were made from silver.

"That's it! No food for three days and you will remain down here for that time!" He ordered before strolling out as if he hadn't just sentenced his mate to three days in the cells without food. How could he do this to me? Alex told me my mate would be kind and would always have my best wishes in mind. I guess that was a lie. Feeling completely defeated I curled up in the corner of the cell and began to sob. My attention was caught when I heard the sound of heavy footsteps against the cement of the basement floor.

"Hello Alaska."
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
Chapter song- understand by with confidence