Chapter 14- drunk tattoos

I covered my ears as another force of thunder crackled in the sky, a large slender fork of light came down soon after the loud bangs. The light flashed against the room creating murderous looking shadows on the walls, my window flew open as a large gust of cold wind shot into my room.

I sat shivering in my thought with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears.  I'm usually fine with thunderstorms but this one was much bigger than any storm I've had to endure and to be quite honest I was terrified.

'Where is Andy, he should be here with me in our bed protecting me' I thought just as torrential rain began pound on the roof of the house. Due to the open window rain was flowing into the room causing half of the fort to get soaked.

'Okay I can do this, I can do this' I slowly stumbled and slipped towards the window since the floor was covered in water. I reached the window and a large bolt of lightening flashed its way down to the earth right in front of me.

I let out a large yelp before covering my eyes and calmly counting to ten. When I reached ten I opened my eyes, reached out for the window and slammed it shut before putting the little latch into place so it was locked.

'That wasn't so bad I guess' i walked back over to the fort and wrapped myself up in as many blankets I could find. 'I'm going to be fine'

All of a sudden large footsteps came stomping threw the hall and I was immediately on edge. I grappled the knife that Andy keeps on his draw, don't ask me why, I have no idea.

The door flew open and I threw the knife hoping it would hit my attacker. "Jesus Christ Alaska, that nearly fucking hit me!" Andy?! Fuck the fort.

I ran at him full speed before tacking him into a massive hug and kissing his cheek over and over again, wait what the fuck am I doing shit the mate bonds working faster than I thought.

He wrapped his arms around me and I immediately relaxed as a warm sense of security and belonging filled me. "Alaska I'm so sorry I couldn't get here sooner, I could feel your distress through the bond and when you screamed I feared for the worst."

"I'm so sorry" he whispered again a broken tone taking over his voice as he pulled me closer to him and tucked his nose in my neck. He gently licked my mark and it took every ounce of strength I had to refrain from letting out a moan. A feeling of pure ecstasy took over my body as he continued to lick and kiss my mark, I was so distracted by it that I had completely forgotten about the storm.

That is until  the house began to shake. My fear had spiked to an unnatural level and I'm pretty sure my shaking wasn't because of the movement of the house. "Shhh it's okay, I'm here I will protect you from anything." He gently picked me and wrapped my legs around his waist before entering the fort and sitting down with me on his lap.

"W-What's going on?" I asked burying my head in his chest hoping it would save me from the constant shaking. "There's a tornado directly above the house, it's big enough to take it about but it is large enough to move it a bit."

"So basically what you're telling me is its not going to take us to the land of Oz?" He chuckled before affectionately stroking my hair. "No dragonfly we won't be meeting any cowardly lions or flying monkeys" I lifted my head and pouted at him. "Aww but I really wanted those ruby red shoes!"

He smirked at me before kissing my forehead. "I'll buy you some" "can they be vans?" "They certainly can" I smiled before kissing him on the cheek and curling up on his lap. "You seem to have become comfortable with me." "I blame the mate bond" he chuckled again. "What if it's not the mate bond" he whispered in my ear causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"It is" I whispered and watched as he shuddered, it's good to know he reacts to me as much as I do to him.

After about an hour of mindless chatter the house had stopped shaking and I had come to a realisation that maybe Andy's not that bad, maybe. "So...."
"Huh?" "I asked if you would give me a chance" the look on his face was adorable, his eyes were full of adoration and he had a hopeful grin that seemed to go for miles.