Chapter 4- jazz hands

I looked out the window as a strenuous line of trees glided by and blurred my vision allowing a slight headache to form

I looked out the window as a strenuous line of trees glided by and blurred my vision allowing a slight headache to form. "Are we almost there?" I asked looking to Alex for an answer as my mum was typing away at her phone as if we didn't exist.

"Yeah just a little deeper in the woods and we'll be there" now that I think about it, it was a little strange that they lived out in the woods, aren't they scared of the wolves? I could hear a light chuckle and knew that it had come from crazy voice.

"How come you guys live out here?" He gave a little shrug before answering. "Plenty of room to run" I nodded along pretending to know what he meant by that but in reality his answer just made me even more confused.

I looked back out the window again and zoned out hoping the car ride would be over soon. "We're here" Jack stated turning the key and taking it from the ignition. Hearing the good news I immediately piled out of the car and started to take in my surroundings. Everywhere I looked there were tress and small little houses that looked warm and inviting, there were children running around and laughing and adults talking and having fun.

I was completely in awe at this little woodland community, so much so that I was beginning to hope we never left.
"Well, what do you think?" Jack asked wildly gesturing at the sight before us. "It's beautiful" I answered smiling at him while mum just scoffed and went back to her phone.

"Are you ready to meet the rest of the family?" Alex asked grinning from ear to ear. I simply nodded not able to talk through the excitement" "let's go then" he grabbed my hand and started leading me up a stone path that led up to a beautiful large mansion. He let go of my hand but only to open the large mahogany doors that stood proud at the entrance of the structure. "We're home!" He shouted as soon as we walked in and immediately dozens of heads snapped towards us and I could feel their piercing gazes judging me.

I waved softly before hiding behind Jack's back. We stood there in pure silence before everyone started to greet me and tell me how great it is to finally meet me. "This is the family?" I whispered to Alex causing him to laugh. "No this is the pack but I guess in a way they are our family" I once again just nodded even though I had no idea what he was talking about. When most of the 'pack' had greeted me and moved back five boys walked up and each gave me hugs. "Hi I'm Vic" he had long brown hair and tan skin . "I'm Patrick" said one with orangish hair, blue eyes and very pale skin. "Pete" one with whitish blonde hair said. "Josh" this one had crazy red hair and laugh lines around his eyes.

"...and we're your cousins" they said making jazz hands. "You all look very different" I giggled finding it hard to believe that they were related. "Our dads and your dad were all brothers but we all had different mums, so none of us our siblings" Vic said giving me an adorable dimple filled smile.

"Are there any woman in the family?" I asked. "Nope you're the fist ever girl in our family tree." Stated josh. Aww I was hoping I would have a sister. "Guys the Alpha's coming" Alex said causing people to bow their heads. "The alpha's ma- I mean girlfriend died when they were young so he's got a temper just warning you." Patrick said and I shot him a panicked look. Isn't an Alpha the king of wolves or something, why is everyone bowing?

I could see a figure making its way downstairs and as soon as it stepped into the light I could make it out. It was a man with styled brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, he had a rather muscular build and was quite attractive although he wasn't really my type.

A smile spread itself across his face as soon as he saw me. "Woah did he just smile?" Pete asked but jumped back when he heard aloud growl. "What was that wentz?" "Uh uh nothing A-Alpha" "that's what I thought, now you must be the lovely Alaska"

I nodded timidly, I'm not going to lie this guy scared the shit out of me. "So you will be turning 16 in a couple of weeks am I correct?" "Yes sir" "now now there will be no need for sirs it makes me feel old I'm only 28, please call me Brendon" I nodded at him. "Good, you and you mother can go put your stuff away and then come back down stairs dinner is at seven"

I nodded once again before gathering up my suitcase and following a young girl up to a pristine room with my mum trailing behind me. "The room is beautiful" I told my mum but she merely hummed and went back to her precious phone leading me to let out a loud sigh. I think I'm just going to take a shower, I gathered up spare clothes and soap before enjoying a half an hour long shower.

When I got out I found that the room was empty so I assume mum went down for dinner. I brushed my hair before making my way down to the dining room remembering the directions the girl gave me. When I arrived I saw a large oak table that had many people sitting along it and eating. The alpha waved me over to a seat next to him and I begrudgingly walked over and sat down.

Through out dinner there was a constant mindless chatter until someone said something that caught my attention. "I heard Andy took down another pack just east of our border" a pack member whispered. Andy? "Don't worry he won't attack us it will take him years to get his pack anywhere near as strong as ours" what a weird conversation, before I could hear more Brendon cut them off with a glare and ended dinner.

Once again I found myself tiredly walking up the stairs but this time I felt like I was about to collapse, damn you jet lag! "Hey Saska are you tired?" I heard Brendon ask and I tiredly nodded. I could feel his arms wrap around me at pick me up before he started to walk to my room, he gently placed me in my bed, kissed my forehead, whispered goodnight and left for his room. Maybe he's not so bad after all.