Chapter 38 closure

Loud yelling, beeping, coldness, crying. What is this place? Why are my eyes so heavy? Why aren't I dead?

My breathing came out in constant streams and my heart rate was steady, confirming the fact that I was in fact alive, but how.?
The yelling got louder, "Alaska...let me....I need....see her!" The words were fading in and out and it was hard to comprehend complete sentences with the current fuzziness of my mind but I knew it was Andy. Andy...god he must be worried.

He must of thought I was dead, hell, I thought I was dead. As time passed I stayed in this comatose state, listening to the angry shouts of my distressed mate. My wolf felt detached from me, like she had given up and quite frankly I was preparing to do the same. Images and memories played throughout my mind, I guess this is what people mean when they say they see their lives flash before their eyes. Does this mean I'm dying? Just as that thought processed, a particular memory began to play.

"Alaska?" His voice was strained and wet trails ran down his cheeks, creating a picture of absolute despair.
"Yes daddy?" A five year old girl stood in front of the man, teddy bear clutched close and a look of naivety on her face.
"I'm sorry but I have to go away for a little, can you stay here and look after your mother?" The little girl gave the man a short nod, sticking her thumb into her mouth and clutching onto the bear tighter. A small smile lifted up the man's face as he stared at his daughter. "You'll grow to be such an amazing person Alaska, I know you will."
"You'll get to see me grow up daddy, so don't worry," the man's smile turned sad, for he knew that he was to be killed tomorrow and there was nothing he could do but determine the safety of his little girl.

"Promise me something okay?" The girl looked up, her wide blue eyes staring up at her crouched father with something that could only be described as complete awe, "anything daddy,"
"Be safe, don't be reckless, find genuine people to share all of that love you keep in your big heart with and most importantly live," the smile grew wider again and his eyes seemed to twinkle with the same blue hues as the small girl's. "If there's a chance to make your life even greater...take it, don't be afraid, don't be hesitant, just put a smile on your face and reach for the opportunity. Can you do that, Alaska?"

The girls eyes became determined and she dropped the bear, instantly grabbing on to her father's leg, "I will try...for you."
"That's my girl."

'Was that my father?'
'It must have been'
'Why did he leave?'
'He wants me a to live?'
'ThEn LiVe I sHaLl'

Andy's P.O.V
Looking down at the serene look on my mate's face I couldn't help but feel lonely,
'I wander if she feels the same way?' Sighing, I took another swig from the water bottle the doctor gave me, "here's something to calm you down, sorry it's not as strong as you probably want it to be" those were the words he had used in an attempt to keep me away from any liquor, rather pathetic if you ask me. As long as my mate still has a heart beat I will remain strong and won't do anything to piss her off.

Looking down again, I almost choked when I saw a slim, upturned line reach across her cracked lips like a dried river.
'She's smiling' I returned her smile even though I knew she couldn't see it and then downed the rest of the water.
"One would think you'd gone without water for a week," My harsh gulps stopped, as the croaky voice spoke out in the small hospital room. Lowering the bottle, I nearly had a heart attack at the sight before me.
She was sitting up and she was awake. "You're okay..." it was a small whisper, probably the weakest sound anyone had ever heard but to the girl sitting on the stark white hospital bed, it was her strength.

"Yeah, I'm okay," My heart leapt into my throats and I pulled her weak frame into my arms, laughing as tears of utter joy ran down my cheeks and mixed with her own.