Chapter 34 the peacemaker

'So what am I fighting for?
Everything back and more
And I'm not gonna let this go
I'm ready to settle the score
Get ready cause this is war'

A mournful howl rung out in the distance, jolting me from my position wrapped in Andy's arms and sending me across the room to the window. "What the fuck," The words escaped my lips without my permission as I stared out the window at the corpses of mutilated wolfs and Angels as well as the ones that were still up and determined on ripping the other to shreds.

"Dragonfly," he murmured stretching out his arms with a stupid grin on his face, "what are you doing? Come back to bed."
He wanted me to come back to bed? Is he that fucking stupid?
"Andy?"
"Yes dragonfly?"
"What the fuck is this?!" Without any warning I ripped the curtains off the wall revealing the carnage that lie right outside our window.

"Shit!" With a start he was up and pulling on his jeans, stopping to try again once he had put them on backwards the first time. "I completely forgot about the war!"
Scrabbling around the room like a mad man he managed to find a shirt and tried to make it look like we hadn't just spent the last two hours mating like, well...wolves.

"War?! You mean we have been in here for the last two hours fucking while there was a massive Angel vs wolves war raging on outside?!"
"Um..well when you put it that way it does seem.."
"Are you fucking demented?!"
"Look I know you're mad but.."
"Oh I'm not mad,"
"You're not?" The same stupid fucking grim appeared on his face and I took great joy in removing it.
"No, I'm furious!"

He managed to duck just in time as I through a nearby lamp at him.
"Well if you're so pissed about it why don't we stop arguing and go and deal with it?"
"I'm sorry...did you just sass me?"
Who does he think he is?
"As soon as we get back I'm going to kick your ass," I mumbled to him as I straightened the clothes I had half assedly thrown on as we were arguing.

"I can't wait to see Brendon's stupid face when he finds out what I just did to you," an arrogant smirk had settled on his face and I had to resist the urge to slap it off, settling for a disgusted scoff instead. "You're a pig,"
"True, but I'm your pig," he grinned at me throwing an arm over my shoulder.
"Whatever," I shrugged his comment off trying to hide my small smile as I secretly awed at his cuteness.

As we excited the room I couldn't help but feel a veil of sadness entrap me as I looked over Fletchers bloodied corpse.

Just before the door closed I quietly whispered to him, "I'm sorry you had to witness that," clearly referring to the sex that had recently ended.

"I hope he doesn't haunt me," I mumbled as I recalled how much he hated seeing Andy and I show affection. "Stop thinking about that piece of shit," Andy demanded and I left my thoughts at that.

Bursting through the front door, we had managed to capture the attention of every living entity on the makeshift battle field. "Oh look who's decided to finally show up!" Gabriel exclaimed throwing his arms out in our direction. "I wonder, do you always allow others to fight your battles for you Andy?" A smirk was clearly displayed on his face and it was obvious he was trying to rile Andy up. "There is no need for this war, Alaska and I are fully mated no one can take her from me now!"

"What?!" Our heads snapped in the direction of a voice that was all to familiar to me. "You fucked her?!" Brendon's angry voice rung out through the dark night. "I prefer the term 'made love'," Andy smirked raising an eyebrow in challenge at Brendon. "Bastard! The person who won was supposed to win got to mate her!" His fists were clenched by his sides and his canines were bared in anger.

"I decide who I mate! I'm not a fucking object!" I snapped, he stubbled back clearly not used to my disrespect. "Is that how you talk to your alpha? What have these people been tea-"

"Shut the fuck up your not my alpha any more!" A warm sensation filled my body as my wolf rose to the front of my find, her long term hatred for the man in front of me finally rearing its ugly head. "Just leave us alone!" I was so sick of this, I just wanted to settle down with Andy and my new pack. "I have bigger shit to deal with them some silly crush you harbour for me!"

"But I-I love you," the amount of pain that was in his voice almost, Key word almost made me want to forgive him but unfortunately for him I was way passed the point of pissed. "No you don't, you're just desperately trying to latch onto some new girl to try and dim the pain you felt after losing your mate!"

Guilt was written all over his face, he knew I was right. "Fine! Have it your way!" With what little of his dignity he had left he stormed off with the small remainder of his surviving wolves towards his pack grounds.

"All that was left was Gabriel who stood there looking stupid. "Go home!" I demanded gesturing my hand in wild circles. "I'll be ba-"
"Yeah whatever, just leave," I dismissed, a bored look on my face. With a glare and a huff he was gone. "Wow," the remaining people left said. "Why didn't we bring you out sooner?" A man with dark wings and similar features to Andy quipped grinning at the empty space Gabriel had once inhabited.

"You've got a good one son!" He chuckled clapping Andy on the back. "Son?" I question raising an eyebrow. "Well I'll leave you to the explaining," he said quickly flapping his wings and disappearing behind a deep mass of black fog.

"That was weird,"
"Eh he's just a bit eccentric," Andy shrugged grinning. In one swift move he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and placed a delicate kiss on the top of my head.

"You really are something,"
"What you're only just realising it? I'm offended." He rolled his eyes before placing a finger on my lips.
"Your sarcasm is ruining the moment."
"Oh I'm sorry Casanova I.."
He cut me off with a peck with a playful kiss on the lips.
"But seriously you're ruining it,"
Scoffing, I punched him in the arm, ignoring his boyish grin, before running off to check on Alex and Jack.