Chapter 3: crazy voice

The flight was finally over and we were currently being led towards the luggage carousel along with the rest of the people who were on the plane

"Hey mum where are we going to be staying?" I hope it's some place nice. "At a friend of mine's place" she answered not even looking at me, but I could have sworn I saw a hint of guilt in her eyes.

"Oh okay" I skipped off towards my suitcase when I saw it, earning a lot of weird looks. I heaved it off the belt placing it down by my feet while my mum did the same with hers. 'I wonder why she's being so distant?'
'when isn't she being distant?'
'What the fuck?' Why is there a second voice in my head? I started to mentally freak out. 'Am I going crazy?'
'Probably' I started to panic even more, if mum found out she would ship me off to the nearest mental hospital sooner than I could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

'Calm down you're not crazy, I'm your wolf' oh cause that didn't sound fucking mental at all. "Alaska answer me!" My head snapped up to see a pissed looking mum, oops I must've zoned out. "Ummm what was the question?" She let out a big sigh before grabbing my arm and leading me towards a man in a white glamour kills shirt, skinny jeans and had a flannel wrapped around his waist.

"I said are you ready to meet your cousins?"
"Oh yeah!" I said completely forgetting about the crazy voice in my head. "Okay then, Alaska this is Alex Gaskarth one of your cousins." I smiled at him before offering him my hand to shake. "Hi, I'm Alaska" he looked down at my hand and for a second I thought he was going to ignore me but instead he wrapped his arms around me in a giant hug.

"It's so good to finally meet you, we've all been really excited about your visit!" He said finally letting me go and allowing me to breathe. "Yeah how come I've never met or talked to you guys before?" He looked over at my mother and glared at her a bit before answering. "Well your mother..." He practically spat her name before finishing. "Has something against people like us."

This made me confused 'people like us' what was that supposed to mean? 'They probably have wolves too'
'oh my god shut up you're not a wolf you're just a sign of me finally losing my mind.'
'You just keep telling yourself that'
'whatever' wait did I zone out again? How embarrassing. I looked up to see Alex giving me a knowing look, um what?

I shook it off and sent him another 1000 watt smile. Just then another guy came running over, he picked me up and spun me around giggling like a lunatic. He put me down and steadied me so I wouldn't face plant in the middle of the airport. "Hey I'm Jack, Alex's best friend" he said proudly puffing out his chest. I laughed at him as Alex rolled his eyes and punched Jack in the arm.

I then took note of their appearance, Alex had light brown hair that was swept over one side of his face, light stubble graced his chin and he had brown eyes. Jack also had light stubble and brown eyes but his hair was a lot darker with a streak of blonde in it and he was taller than Alex.

Mum looked at them with disgust and told them to grow up. "But I don't want to grow up" Jack whined while Alex nodded, then they started to dance right there in the middle of the fucking building with tons of strangers staring.
To make things worse they started to chant things like 'I don't want to grow up' and 'fuck being an adult'

Mum looked absolutely horrified and I couldn't help giggling but immediately stopped when they asked me to join in. "No thanks" they pouted and stopped but immediately started chasing each other when Jack licked Alex's cheek.
'I like them' said crazy voice and I couldn't help agreeing, things are definitely going to be interesting with these two around.

"Alexander William Gaskarth, stop that right now!" Mum yelled. "oooooh the full name" Jack whispered. "You too Jack Bassam Barakat!" I could hear Jack gulp as his Adam's apple moved up and down in fear.

Yep my mum's one scary bitch. "Okay well we should head home, you guys ready?" Alex asked straightening his shirt. "Uh yeah let's go" I said following the two to a really nice black ute. I looked back to See if mum was coming and she was in fact trailing slowly behind us.

"So how old are you two?" I asked trying to start a conversation as I buckled my seat belt. "I'm 24 and Alex is 25 in a few months" Jack responded before silence filled the car. I quietly tapped the tune to sweater weather by the neighbourhood but stopped as soon as mum sent me a warning glare.

"Um so Juliet have you uh mentioned anything about the uh 'cough' problem to 'cough' uh daughter."
"No I haven't we don't know if she's like you yet" What the hell are they talking about. "Okay then," Alex turned to me "Alaska has anything strange been going on with you like I don't know dreams or weird voices" he asked making weird gestures with his hands.

I narrowed my eyes how does he know. 'Tell him about me' crazy voice said 'no mums probably just asked them to test if I was crazy or not' I could hear crazy voice sigh but I didn't care. "Uh no" looking disappointed he turned around in his seat so he was facing the road again while my mum looked smug. "I told you, normal." Wait so they think I'm insane? Am I being that obvious?

Jack continued to watch the road while Alex and I conversed about random things like school or if I'd had any boyfriends that he could beat up.
Yep they're definitely going to make life more interesting.
*****************
Alex and Jack, the two biggest idiots on the planet but you can't help but love them.
Anyway don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter which I doubt but anyway thanks for reading!