Chapter 13- mating process

"Alaska let me in!" His deep voice rumbled through the door but I still refused to open it and went back to making my little pillow/blanket fortress.

"If you don't open this door I will break it down!" I knew he was fully capable of doing so but I wanted to make a point of not giving into him. I have been in this room for three days, for the first few days Andy let me have my space but after he found out I've been refusing to eat he's been standing outside of my door trying to get me to talk to him.

My time has been spent cleaning and organising the room as well as building this awesomely comfortable fort around the bed. I don't know why I'm building it, I just had a sudden urge to improve the bed and this is what I came up with.

"I've had enough playing games Alaska, I'm coming in!" I heard several large booms and a couple of cracks before the door exploded into several splintered pieces.

He walked in, his eyes black and his muscles tense under his shirt. He took a moment to take in the room and when his attention landed on the fort his eyes turned back to blue and a smirk appeared on his face.

I grew severely uncomfortable in his presence as the mark he forcefully gave me began to throb with pleasure. He took slow steps towards me and I took quick ones back trying to put as much distance as possible between us.

"Alaska are you familiar with the mating process?" He asked taking another slow measured step towards me. I silently shook my head not able to speak.

"I didn't think so" images of him marking me flashed through my mind and my anger spiked and I could feel my eyes changing colour to my wolf's unnerving silver colour.

He seemed to notice and stopped moving, carefully raising his hands in surrender. "Okay calm down I'm not going to do anything" how dare he take my choice away by marking me!, how dare he bind me to him forever without asking my consent!

My nails began to sharpen and my canines started to elongate as I started seeing red. My wolf was whining at the thought of hurting her mate even though she was pissed about him not asking her as well.

For years I've been looking forward to meeting my mate and imagining how special it would be when he finally marked me, Would he take me to some romantic place or prepare a picnic with pretty lights and flowers? But of course none of that happened, no he marked me in a fit of rage because he was jealous.

Fur began to sprout and I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from shifting so I opened the dam and allowed the change to run through me like water.

My senses became even more attuned to my surroundings and my muscles relaxed as I was finally in my care free form. Unfortunately with the upside of incredibly good Senses came downsides, which was the scent of my mate was driving me completely wild.

My anger had washed away leaving me with a very horny inner wolf who was eying her mate like he was a piece of steak. Obviously smelling my arousal Andy allowed his famous smirk to take over his features again.

"Alaska I think it's time for me to tell you about the mating process" I nodded my big wolf head in agreement as I continued to assess how sexy he was. "Okay, well the first step was claiming which we have completed," I let out a growl and he sent me a guilty look. "Since I have claimed you you will start to feel the bond a lot stronger than you did and you will become a lot more attached."

"You will also start to make a home by cleaning and preparing a sleeping place, as you can see" he said gesturing to the spotless room and the carefully built fort.

Wait so I did all of this because of the fucking bond! I thought I had more time before it started to affect me.  "Then there's the second stage where you will become extremely attached to me, your body will always yearn to be near me, your every fibre will want me as you begin to rely on me as much as I depend on you and finally you will start to love me."

I shook my head refusing to believe what he was saying. "Oh and there's one more stage" his smirk had grown to a full on grin as he looked down at me with pure adoration in his eyes. "We will finally mate and we probably won't leave the bed or where ever you decide to build us a nest for the next couple of days."

I'd had enough, I shifted and covered myself the best I could as I set my gaze on him. "I won't mate with you" I spat allowing my wolf's eyes to show for emphasis. "You won't have a choice since you'll be in heat"

I cocked my head in confusion. "Heat?" Andy furrowed his perfectly shaped eyebrows as he seemed in deep thought. "Why has no one told you about heat?" "I guess they assumed I didn't have a mate" he let out a loud growl before taking in a deep breath to calm himself.

"Heat is something that happens after stage two, it's kind of like a really bad fever. Your skin heats up and feels like your on fire as migraine after migraine pounds at your skull"

"During this time you're completely fuelled by lust and will do anything to make the pain go away which just so happens to be mating." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes.

"So I don't have a choice, I have to mate with you" I whispered. He looked completely crossed when he saw how upset I was but I didn't care it was his fault for marking me.

"Yeah, and before you start getting ideas you can't run away because you'll ever slowly start to die the further your body gets from mine"

He had completely stolen my future, I can't go to college, I can't mate who I want and I certainly won't be to see my pack again. Tears were slowly cascading down my cheeks and I buried my head in my knees not wanting for him to see me as weak.

I felt arms on my back and behind my knees before he lifted me up bridal style and placed me inside my fort, gently slipping his over sized Kiss shirt over my head.

He tried to get in with me but I just pushed him away and curled up into a fetal position really wishing my mum hadn't left me.
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
So this chapter was just to explain how mating worked in this book, considering each author has their own understanding of it.

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment and thank you soo much for reading this book I didn't think it would ever get this many reads. :)