Chapter 30- war's beginning

'Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As an old enemy

Take your time, hurry up
Choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend
As an old'

*Andy's p.o.v*
"When does the battle begin?" Lucifer inquired, stretching out his large black wings so that they loomed above us in an intimidating way. His midnight black hair fell into his glowing red eyes and his smirk seemed to be permanently stuck to his face. Large muscled limbs adorned his body giving him a strong look but it was by no means a disgusting amount of muscle. Everything about him seemed to be perfect...until you met him, his arrogance and patronising smirk would soon put any girl off ever thinking about dating him. Which is how he preferred it, sex was all he wanted from girls, many had had their hearts broken as they realised that they would not be the one to change Lucifer's evil ways, My mother being one of them.

"In two days," I replied, looking back at the two men that had by now changed back into their regular annoying selves.
"So um... Are you going to make us fight against our alpha? because I don't think we can do that" Jack fretted, turning to me. "You know, I preferred it a lot more when you couldn't talk," I grumbled looking down my nose at the unimpressed man before me. "I don't understand why you're so rude to us, I mean what did we do to you?" He queried taking a step forward. My wolf rose at the slight challenge and I had to do what I could to push him back.
"You mean besides attempting to kidnap my mate?" I drawled allowing my eyes to flicker to black for a moment in warning.
"Wait, mate?" I ignored Lucifer's question and continued to stare the man straight in the eyes until I saw his drop to the ground in submission. I straitened up and turned back to see Lucifer with that Sam shit eating grin on his face.
"What?" I snapped, my canines elongating slightly from the stress of having to deal with these men.
"Who's your mate?" He asked.
"None of your damn business." At my harsh reply his eyes instantly darkened to a deep almost black red, and his teeth elongated into sharp pin like daggers. "Watch your tongue around me, you'll be sure not to anger a god especially one with my caliber." As a warning he gripped onto my throat and dug his nails in, a slight smile on his face as he watched my blood run down his fingers and onto my black shirt successfully staining it.

Just as soon as it started it had ended and he released my throat before turning away, "I'll begin to gather my army, until then....return to your girl she's not safe with a war going on." Without a glance back he stepped into the shroud of darkness and disappeared into its hallowed depth. "Well wasn't he just a bucket of laughs?" Alex muttered, looking to where lucifer had just departed. "You have no idea," I sighed before walking back the way we came.
" so now what?" Alex asked kicking a rock with toe of his heavy black combat boots.
" now we get Alaska," I shrugged continuing on my path.
"About what I asked before.....you won't actually make us fight against him will you?" I looked over at Jack and was surprised to see a serious look on his face. "No, I won't make you it's always a man's choice as to what side he fights for, it would be wrong of me to take that choice away from you," and for once Alex and Jack looked at the man they had always thought to be a monster with a new look... Respect.

For this one fleeting moment we felt something more than just hatred and  contempt for each other, something very new. A small sense of respect for each other had built its way up in each of our minds and in this short moment we understood each other. We understood that we all wanted the same thing and that they were all prepared to do whatever it took to get it...Alaska's safety. Jack nodded at me and we continued our walk back to my back where Kieran would return Alaska and we would begin to prepare to go into battle.i had been expecting this war for a while now, most of the wolf packs despised me for causing the destruction of their brethren and the Angels just hated me plainly on the fact that I carried demon blood inside of me. Everyone was practically teetering on the tip of a mountain top just waiting for something tip us over so that war could be declared, Alaska was that thing.

Alaska and I being mates gave Brendon an excuse to complain to the Angels and it gave the Angels an excuse to finally wipe me out. Taking and whispering could be heard from my pack's borders as we approached the pack house. A crowd of my wolves stood outside in a large group seeming to be distracted by something. Once we had gotten close enough their attention immediately went to us. Greeting were sent my way while glares and insults were thrown at the two men standing slightly behind me with their eyes to the ground to avoid challenging a member of my pack....smart.

Now that the crowd had spread out a small bit I could see what had become the talk of the pack. Kieran stood, wings outstretched with my mate sound asleep in his arms,  small mumbles occasionally left her lips as well as a few cute yawns that made me want to snatch her from him and hide her in our room never to let her out. Her sent had intensified and it was beginning to drive me mad, my inner beast was clawing at me begging to be released so that we could ravish our mate over and over again. My vision became fixated on the man holding my mate and it was like I couldn't recognise him anymore, all I saw was a strange man that wasn't me holding my mate.

"Andy we have a problem" his words were muffled and meaningless, all I cared about was my mate.
"Alaska's gone into heat!" Those words were enough to completely set my wolf off, there was a male holding our in heat mate? Without a thought I snatched Alaska from the man's arms, large growls leaving my throat and the man was wise enough to back up a couple of steps. I held Alaska close bathing in her intoxicating sent and purring at the warm tingles that danced across my skin in light pleasurable waves. I began to walk towards the pack house with every intent to make the beautiful girl in my arms mine, ignoring the calls of the three men behind me. Nothing was going to stop me....until aloud siren began to wail alerting everyone that a large threat had been spotted.

My skin prickled at the sudden realisation; my mate was in heat and war had just begun right outside my border.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
Chapter song: come as you are by Nirvana.