Chapter 6 creepy demon fish

^andy^

*Alaska's P.O.V*
There was only two days until my birthday and I couldn't be more exited because I can finally celebrate it with people other than my mother and Julian my pet fish that died last year because I forgot to feed him.

In all honesty I wasn't really that upset when he died, I used to think he was possessed Because he used to stay up all night just staring at me. Nope he wasn't like the normal fish that happily swam around their tiny glass bowls, he used to just float in that same area of the bowl that was directly facing my bed. I didn't sleep for days, not with those big circular black eyes staring at me and I know you're probably thinking 'why didn't she just cover the bowl?' Well I did and even though I couldn't see him I could still feel the creepy bastard's eyes staring into my soul.

Anyway that's enough of that story back on to the subject of my birthday, Patrick says on the night of my birthday I will be able to officially join the pack if I choose to, which I probably will

Anyway that's enough of that story back on to the subject of my birthday, Patrick says on the night of my birthday I will be able to officially join the pack if I choose to, which I probably will. Apparently there's a big ceremony and everything,but Pat didn't go into details .

I had quickly become friends with a lot of the pack and I had even been given the job of babysitter which probably sounds silly to you but I love kids so I was ecstatic when I found out that some of the mothers trusted me with their kids.

Another thing I had noticed around was there was a lot of very young pregnancies, some people tried to explain that when you found your mate you would immediately what to start a family with them, but I just saw it as an excuse that some of the embarrassed teen girls were trying to tell us in order for us not to think they're sluts. I didn't think they were sluts of course, it was just an accident but some people can be very judgemental, the scary thing was that every one believed these excuses and believed that every one has a so called 'mate.'

'They do-we do' Krysten said sounding tired I mean in all fairness this was like the 100th time she was telling me this. I was startled by the sound of some one sitting down next to me on the couch, when I looked up I was surprised to see my mother. "Hello Alaska" she said giving me a smile. What is going on with her? One minute she's practically ignoring me the next she's acting like we're best friends.

"Oh hey mum, how have you been?" I asked tucking bits of hair behind my ear. "I have been good just taking care of some business, how about you?" "Oh I'm fine just been hanging around" I said allowing us to fall in to an awkward silence. My mum let out a sigh before turning to face me, "I do love you Alaska you know that right?" She asked and I nodded my head in reply letting out a small "mhm" "no, I'm serious I know it doesn't seem like it some times but I really do love you"

"Okay mum you're starting to scare me" I said an uneasy expression taking over my face. "Don't worry everything's fine I just thought I should let you know that." With that she swiftly stood up from the couch and exited through  the back door leaving me speechless and confused.