Chapter 2- scooby doo and weird dreams

I sat on my bed next to my full suitcase pondering over which beanies I should bring, in the end I just decided to bring them all

I sat on my bed next to my full suitcase pondering over which beanies I should bring, in the end I just decided to bring them all. I then went over to my vanity and gathered up all of my make up before placing it into my suitcase and struggling to zip it up.

I let out a sigh deciding that it would be best if I had an early night since the plane ride would last for twelve hours.
Walking over to my wardrobe I made the decision of a baggy ACDC shirt and my favourite long pants as tonight's p.j's.

I bought everything I needed into the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and change. After brushing my teeth I looked up at my reflection and nearly screamed, my usually crystal blue eyes were now a light silver colour and my front canines were sharpened to the point of being able to break skin.

I stumbled back with my line of sight still locked on the monster in the mirror. 'How is this possible?' I moved my hand in a waving motion and watched in horror as the reflection did the same.

"Well fuck" I whispered with my hand still raised in the air. "Alaska are you in bed!" I heard my mum call causing me to turn my head and answer her in the calmest voice I could manage. When I looked back at the mirror my reflection was completely normal.

Backing away slowly I exited the bathroom and walked over to my bed, I then pulled back the sheets and crawled in seeking safety and warmth.
'Maybe I'm just stressed from being kicked out of my school and being called a mutt.' I thought as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I could barely open my eyes due to the fact that I was plagued by weird nightmares the entire night. It's like the universe hates letting me have a good sleep, well who cares sleep is for the weak.

I dressed myself in a pair of black ripped at the knee skinnies, a drop dead shirt and my favourite fedora before applying eyeliner and walking down stairs. "Good morning mum" I said as I kissed her cheek. "Morning dear" she simply said before passing me a plate of pancakes.

"Thank you so much!" I yelled before stuffing a forkful in my mouth. My mum winced at the volume of my voice but didn't scold me which was rare.
"So what's with all of this?" I asked looking at her skeptically. "To make you feel better after yesterday" she stated taking a sip of her coffee.

"Okay" I said narrowing my eyes but I soon shrugged it off. "So when do we leave?" She looked down at her watch before looking back up at me. "In about an hour" I simply nodded before getting up,washing my plate and heading over to the lounge room to watch T.V for the next hour.

My episode of Scooby Doo was interrupted by my mother telling me it was time to go. I switched the television off before grabbing my suit case and following her out the door.
The car ride was incredibly awkward and could probably be used as some kind of torture.

Every time I tried to start up a conversation she gave me 'the look' which is absolutely fucking terrifying by the way. Every time I tried to turn the radio on she'd just smack my hand or turn it off immediately.

So I basically just sat there staring out the window, holding an imaginary gun to my head the entire time. When we finally reached the airport I excitedly jumped out of the car and grabbed my suit case from the back, quickly wheeling it into the building.

After mum had finally caught up we checked in and headed over to our gate to wait for our flight to be called. "Flight 174 to Las Angeles now boarding" said a barely understandable voice over the old intercom. But mum seemed to have understood fully since she started leading me over to a lady who asked to see our boarding passes.

"Have a nice trip,"
"we will" I answered with a wide grin spread across my face causing the lady to laugh but mum just rolled her eyes and started pulling me along with her.

I was finally seated and practically bouncing in my chair with eagerness.
"Please calm down people are starting to stare" my mum said looking around warily. I let out a breathe before slumping down in my chair and stuffing my earphones into my ears.
After a few minutes of being in the air my consciousness started to slip and I fell asleep.

Faster.... I must go faster
I pumped my legs harder hoping it would add more speed to my current sprint and was grateful when it did.
I could hear his harsh breaths and the sound of his paws pounding on the ground as he grew nearer and nearer until I could practically feel his fur brushing mine with every stride he made.

Panicking I made a sharp turn but was disappointed when I saw him easily follow my actions. I was starting to tire and I could sense he knew it as a wolfy chuckle left his pitch black snout. My speed began to dissipate and my ears became overwhelmed with the sound of my heart beating and my blood pumping.

With one final push I tried to out run him but it was no use, he had already launched himself and in a matter of seconds I felt his body hit mine with so much strength the wind was knocked out of me and I collapsed to the ground. He allowed me to roll over before he nuzzled my neck and licked my snout. Two words began to resound in my head and I immediately knew he had mind linked me. "I win"

My surroundings began to fade and were replaced by new ones. I was once again running but this time it was through a large field and I was giggling uncontrollably. "I'm going to catch you Saska!" I heard but it just resulted in more giggling and running as I zig zagged through some oddly placed trees.

I was all of a sudden stopped when I was gathered up in someone's arms causing me to squeal. "Andy let me go!" I yelled but the person-Andy- just started to tickle me. "You've really got to stop running away from me dragonfly" he said but I could hear the smile in his words as he wrapped me up in his arms again.

"But it's so much fun" I whined causing him to laugh. "I'll always catch you, you know?" He said,his voice smug. "No, I just let you catch me" I explain patting his hand. "Whatever makes you feel better" I pouted before turning to face him but unfortunately I couldn't make out his face it just seemed to be a shadow.

"Dragonfly?"
"Yes?"
"I love you"
I was about to respond but he vanished and the world went completely blank as I could feel my consciousness begin to return.

I woke with a start and I laid a hand over my racing heart trying to calm it down. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had.
But more importantly.......

Who's Andy?

*************
Chapter song= run by Bring Me The Horizon