Chapter 5- mates and kitten sneezes

Chelsea in the media box :{) <~ please enjoy my moustache smiley face.
The next morning I was rudely awoken by a stream of sunlight peeking through my curtains, I groaned and rolled over not realising I was already at the edge of the bed so naturally I fell to the ground causing a large groan to escape my lips.

I had now been in America for about a week and there was only three days until my birthday. My mum seemed to be growing even more distant and I only saw her for a couple hours a day, my cousins on the other hand looked so nervous I thought they were all going to have mental break downs.

Blowing my fringe out of my eyes I got up from the floor and drowsily stumbled my way into the bathroom before turning on the light. I looked in the mirror and as I suspected my eyes were glowing that same bright silver, this happened every morning and I just assumed it was a symptom of going completely fucking insane so I never told anybody.

'Why do you keep ignoring me?' Crazy voice whined in my head. 'And I thought I told you that my name was Kristen' I sighed as I picked up my brush and continued to ignore 'Krysten' After the 100th stroke I put the brush down and squeezed into some black skinnies, a grey 5 seconds of summer shirt and a black leather jacket.

The whining in my head began to get louder until I collapsed on the floor cradling my head, begging for it to stop. 'Now that I have your attention you need to stop ignoring me' 'why, is it so wrong that I don't want to admit that I'm crazy?' I asked wiping at the tears that had gathered in my eyes. 'Look if you continue to ignore me the shift mill be even more painful or worse you might not ever be able to shift' 'and that's a bad thing because...?' 'Because if we can't shift our mate won't want us' she whined. 'What's a mate?' 'You'll find out' she whispered and I could picture her smirking.

Why me god? What did I ever do to deserve this? Other than shaving my neighbour's cat, the endless amounts of graffiti and all of the fights I got in with my class mates, What did I do to deserve this?

'You're being a drama queen' 'shut up, at least I'm real' 'oh I'll show you how real I am' 'go-on then' 'I will on the day of our birth, you'll see' she just keeps getting weirder and weirder. 'I heard that' 'you were supposed to' I sang back, oh god now I'm arguing with my self. I lifted my Palm to
My forehead in a face palm before finally deciding to go downstairs for breakfast.

I greeted everyone I passed on my way down as I made it my mission to memorise every one in the 'packs' name. "Well well well, look what the wolf dragged in" I froze at the sound of that bitch's voice, before I turned around and smiles at her. She of course was the slut, every pack has one or so Jack tells me.

She hates me because I refuse to back down and worship her, in fact I do the opposite with every insult she throws at me I throw one right back. "Oh hey Chelsea, you should go out back I heard the gardener is looking for a new hoe." I said innocently batting my eye lashes but of course this made her furious. "Why you little... You little.." "Having some trouble coming up with an insult there chelse? I would lend you some of my brain cells since you're clearly running low but I don't like to waste them."

Before I knew it she had me up against the wall by the throat and that's when I saw him. I croakily called out to Alpha Brendon who immediately turned around and growled at Chelsea. In a flash he was in front of us, wait what how is that even possible? I felt Chelsea's hand let go of my bruised throat as Brendon pushed her to the ground.

"How there you assault a pack member!" He seethed. "But she.." I began to let the crocodile tears run down my cheeks, "oh Brendon it was horrible she she.." I pretended to get choked up as I let out a fake sob. "Shhhh you don't have to tell me it's okay" he said as he rubbed my back soothingly but it just caused crazy voice oh I mean 'Krysten' to growl and mutter stuff about a 'mate?'.

"But Brendon..." Brendon let out a scary inhuman growl before stalking towards her. "Don't ever disrespect Me again it is Alpha to you!" He spat looking like he was ready to attack so I gently took his arm and shook my head at him telling him it was a bad idea.

He let out another growl at her making me jump back and for him to instantly turn back to me and apologise. "Ugh whatever!" Chelsea said before storming off in a huff. "Come on let's go get you some breakfast" "finally!" I threw my hands up before following him to the kitchen where he made me pancakes.

"Alpha Brendon.." But he cut me off before I could finish. "I thought I told you to call me Brendon" he said smirking at me. "Fine, Brendon" at me saying his name he let out a strange purr which I thought was strange but Krysten seemed to be just plain disgusted. "What are mates?" He stopped munching at his pancakes and looked At me.

"Where did you here about mates?" He asked "uhh you know books and stuff" he stared at me before slowly nodding. "Okay well mate is short for the word soul mate and a soul mate is your other half someone that was made just for you, someone that you will love unconditionally forever." He stopped to take a breath. "You only get one so if you lose yours there's no second chances" he said looking down.

So why does Kristen keep going on about my mate, I mean they don't exist ...right? 'Oh they exist' speak of the devil and she will arrive. 'Bitch I'm not the devil I'm way more bad ass than that I'm like his boss' she said prying a laugh from me. 'See I made you laugh, we can be friends and then we'll shift and find our mate' God what kind of drugs is she on and where can I get some.

I zoned back into my conversation with Brendon to find him waving and snapping his fingers in my face. "Earth to Saska, do you read me Saska?" He's such a dork. "Yeah I read you" I said watching as he pushed his cute black rimmed glasses up his nose before he sneezed this cute little kitten sneeze. "Awwwww!" I shouted not able to help myself. "Shut up! No one will know about this okay?" He asked looking around suspiciously. "Okay I promise not to tell any one about your cute little kitten sneezes.

He sighed in relief before going back to stuffing his face. I soon challenged him to an eating contest and I'm not going to lie I did feel pretty sad when I lost. Apart from these events the rest of my day was pretty normal apart from the fact that I didn't see my mum at all.
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
Don't forget to leave a vote if you liked this chapter :)