Bonus chapter: Family ties

Alaska's dad's P.O.V
"Levi, it has to be done..." A sigh escaped my lips as I continued to look back over my options. "Either you want her to live, or you want her to die." Looking up at my beta, I noticed how badly he had aged over the years, deep creases were embedded in the grooves of his cheeks and eyes and a cigarette was almost constantly dangling from his lips. It was quite often that people mistook him for being much older than twenty three.

"It would be of no use if she's hunted down and killed for being associated with witchcraft, now will it?" He shrugged his shoulders slightly, digging around in his pocket for a lighter, before bringing it up to his lips and sparking a flame.

I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he lit the cigarette and took a few puffs. "You know, sometimes I think you care more about those cancer sticks than you do people," all I received in response was an upturned eyebrow and an exhale of thick, white smoke.

"How much would this witch cost?" I asked, lightly thumbing the corner of the contract I had been handed earlier that day.
"If I remember correctly," he paused to remove the cigarette from his lips, seeming to ponder it before placing it back to his dry lips, "she said it was free of charge, something about feeling honoured to help an alpha's child,"

"Well, I guess that makes this easier..." I brought my fingers up to my chin, dragging them over the light stubble I had accumulated over the last few days before turning back to the pack's beta. "Bring her in."
"Yes Alpha Levi."

When my daughter was born she neither laughed nor cried, she didn't even open her eyes. Her heart remained beating and her lungs continued to circulate air, but she never woke up. My wife and I had always dreamed of taking our little girl around the world, starting in Alaska, but as the days progressed that dream became further and further away.

Out of pure hope, we gave her the name Alaska, however, the small child's eyes still remained closed. Her mother grew depressed and spiteful, especially after she learnt of my true nature as a werewolf. She blamed me for the eternal slumber that it seemed our little Alaska was doomed to, so I plan on fixing it.

I have even resorted to witchcraft, if either I or my family was to be exposed about the dealings we are about to enter...we would all be slaughtered. So if the time ever comes, I will take my execution with pride, knowing that it was for the cause of my daughter's life.
....................

"Very sorry about this Levi but you knew the consequences and you went along with it anyway!" My beta's face stared down at me from the safety of the barracks, a small mocking smile printed on his cracked lips. "I knew you were desperate for control over the pack but...I didn't know you'd sink this low!" I yelled so he would hear
me at his place of safety. "Just think of it as business my friend!" He shouted back, an involuntary scoff left me lips, causing him to raise his hand in a gesture to the people behind me, the chains around my ankles and wrists were suddenly tightened, cutting into flesh and drawing blood.

Looking ahead of me, I noticed the faces of my ex-pack staring back at me with menace as they shifted and began to run at me. With one final look up at my beta, I whispered the words that had been on my mind all day, "fuck you, Brendon,"

All I saw was his enraged face before I felt the wolves tear into my body and it all went black.

This was all for you Alaska, my beautiful daughter, may you live a wonderful Life.