Chapter 18- flashbacks

'Let's be alone together,
We could stay young forever,
I looked up startled to see mystery man leant up against the cell's wall, tossing a strange, red, glowing ball up in the air continuously. "Miss me?" He asked with a giant smirk spread across his face. The amount of relief I felt as I realised I was no longer doomed to this hell alone consumed me and allowed a large grin to break out a across my face.
"Hell yeah! What are you doing here?" I questioned looking at him and the strange ball skeptically.

He let out a small chuckle before turning to look at me, his eyes were shining with a mysterious glint and I found myself smirking as I realised what he had in mind. "What would you say to ditching this depressing dump?" He inquired, holding out an arm for me to take. "I would love to," I answered, swiftly accepting his outstretched arm.
He settled his gaze on the heavy lock of the cell door and in a matter of seconds a loud click was heard before it fell to the ground with a large thump and the door swung open. "M'lady," he said gesturing for me to step out first.

"What a gentleman," I replied in a posh British accent before picking up the hem of my imaginary gown and carefully stepping out of the small space. Once we were both out he reclaimed my arm and led me up the stairs and out of the basement. "Shhhhh." He brought his finger to his lips before pointing it at a couple of wolves who were sat on the couch watching spongebob. We slowly crawled down behind the couch hoping they wouldn't notice but of course the lure of spongebob was to great and I stopped and propped myself up on my knees so I could see the screen.

'Gary go away, can't you see I'm trying to forget you?' Tears came to my eyes as I watched spongebob try and find His beloved pet, Gary. "Alaska, Alaska, are you serious right now?" Mystery man said pulling on my arm slightly.
I shushed him before turning my attention back to the T.V, only to find five pairs of eyes staring directly at me.
"Who are you?" A boy who looked to be about fifteen asked, gesturing his hand towards me.
"The sexiest person you'll ever meet!" I exclaimed before running off, pulling mystery man along with me.

I looked behind me, only to see that those five pairs of eyes hadn't moved, they just stared at our retreating figure in complete confusion. I couldn't stop laughing and the boy beside me looked pretty amused as well. "Remind me to do this with you more often, you're entertaining." I blushed a little at his comment and he seemed to have noticed because he chuckled quietly to himself. "My name's Kieran,"he announced, before leading me out of the pack house and into the beautiful glory of the outside world. Now don't get me wrong before this all happened I hated going outside with a passion, which is really weird because I'm a werwolf but all well, I apparently now love the great outdoors.

I immediately rushed off to some random tree and wrapped my arms around it in a massive, love filled hug.
"Wow I never imagined you as a tree hugger," Kieran chortled from behind me causing me to send a scowl in his direction, waaaaaait. "Did you say your name was Kieran?" His eyes widened and he looked like he was ready to punch himself in the face. "Ummmm.... Noo, you must be imagining things," he claimed, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "No I'm sure you just said your name was..." Before I could finish a gasp broke out through my lips and I was suddenly engulfed by a flash back.

My mummy was yelling downstairs again, I don't know who she's yelling at though, she always starts yelling when she drinks from the red bottle she keeps on top of the fridge. My small five year old hands were trembling as the thunder outside battled against the loud shouts of my angry mummy. "Please stop," I quietly begged as tears streamed down my slightly red cheeks, another loud crash sounded outside causing me to jump and run downstairs.
I ran straight for my mummy and wrapped my small arms around her leg looking for some form of comfort.
"What the fuck are you doing brat?!" I looked up at my mummy, hoping she wasn't talking to me but was disappointed when I saw looking directly at me.

"I'm scared mummy!" Another round of thunder rumbled through the dark, Tasmanian sky causing me to let out a small whimper and wrap my arms tighter around mum's leg. "Grow up, it's just thunder, now get the fuck back up stairs and leave me be!" I nodded my head frantically before running of in the direction of the stairs, tripping occasionally. I ran into my head and shut the door before grabbing mr scribbles and hiding under my bed.
I could now see blinding flashes of light outside of my room that mummy had once described as lightning. I laid under my bed shaking and sobbing, hoping that mummy would stop being angry. All of a sudden I could here light footsteps smacking against the hard wood surface of my floor, I covered my mouth in hope of silencing the loud hiccups and sobs that continuously left my mouth.

A pair of small feet entered my sight as the person stood at the side of my bed, "boo!" I let out a loud scream as a boy's face appeared, he instantly looked worried and regret was clear in his bright, green eyes. "Oh my gosh are you okay, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to frighten you!" I stayed quiet, hoping this strange boy would disappear if I ignored him.
"Can you please come out?" He asked gently, holding out a hand for me to take. After great deliberation I decided to place my small hand in his slightly larger one.

A large goofy smile spread across his face which instantly brought one to mine. "My name's Kieran, what's yours?"
He asked moving a bit of hair behind my ear. "A-Alaska," I replied, slightly blushing.
"That's a pretty name," he smiled happily. "Thank you, Ren" he frowned for a moment.
"My name's Kieran." I giggled before replying.
"I know, it's a nickname." He gave me a confused look.
"What's a 'nickname?'" He asked, looking deep in thought.
"It's a special name you give to your friend that only you're allowed to call them." I said blushing again.
"So we're friends?" He asked hopefully, looking down at me with his big green eyes.
"Only if you want to be," I told him looking down.
"Yes!" He exclaimed before pulling me into a big hug. My mummy's footsteps could be heard coming towards my room so Ren leant down to whisper in my ear.
"I have to go but I'll be back and remember I will always protect you." And with that he was gone, I then looked out of my window to see that the storm had stopped and all that was left was the calming smell of rain.

The flashback ended and I came back to reality, I looked over at Kieran to find that he looked like an older version of the boy. "What? How? Why?" I asked looking at him, I was trying to process the events that I had just witnessed, that boy couldn't possibly of been Kieran. "Kieran?" I asked looking for some kind of help.
"Okay, I haven't been completely honest with you."
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
Chapter song= Alone together by Fall out Boy