Chapter 2

Sorry for any mistakes.

I didn't wander far as I knew I didn't want to piss Daryl off too much, I no time I ran into a stray walker, I wasn't that far away, I clicked my tongue so it would noticed me, I took aim with my arrow and watched it stumble closer,

"Mr walker how do you do?" I smirked head shooting the bitch.

I walked up to its now lifeless body and put my hand around the arrow, "You don't do so well I see." I giggled as I pulled the arrow out.

"Don't walk off like that." Daryl said coming from behind me scaring me shitless.

"Shit Daryl don't do that." I jumped holding my hand over my chest.

He grunted and pushed past me and carried on scanning the trees and looking for tracks on the Forrest floor.

"What's up with the protectiveness?"

"Your apart of the group and the group is family."

I sighed and just carried on hunting and we hunted for a good hour before heading back to the bike and when we did we didn't leave as soon as.

"You're a good shot." He grunted cleaning his bolts.

"Thanks Daryl, uh can I ask you something? You don't have to answer but I just want to get it out."

He nodded taking a sip of water from his bottle, "You ever had a woman?"

He didn't look towards me he looked away, I sighed and look away too but I kept looking in the corner of my eye to see if he looked back he did a couple times and then he spoke.

"What's it to you if I have or haven't?"

"I don't know I just wondered."

It was silent for a moment and then he spoke up. "Anything with a woman was just sex I don't need to be tied down."

I studied him and sighed again because I have feelings for him but I can feel that he doesn't know how express feelings for someone or control it; I leant against a tree and gazed at him.

"What you gawping at?" He huffed.

"You." I mumbled under my breath.

He stood from leaning on his bike and then saddled up he looked my way giving me the signal that it was time to go, I threw my bow over my shoulder and jumped on the bike placing my head on his shoulder.

When we got back to the prison he skinned our kills and let Carol finish the cooking I sat and watched her and Daryl went out on watch with Glenn.

"You like him?" Carol asked with a small smile.

I blushed, "Maybe."

"I see the way he looks at you and I see the way you look at him."

"Isn't as easy likening him." I sighed.

"I know but surprise him and he might surprise you."

I smiled and looked towards the door and then back at her, she smiled as if to say 'Go to him' and so I did.

I went up to the guard tower I saw him standing by himself looking out over the prison yard I made myself known and he didn't turn his head not one bit.

"Glenn send you up to keep an eye on me?"

"No I just thought I could join you." I said leaning on the railings.

He looked from the corner of his eye and a faint smile was shown "You going to stand there all day?"

I joined him leaning over the railing our skin touched which made him move away slightly I turned my head to look at him but his scar caught my eye, I stared at it for a second and it came to me he must of been abused or in a serious incident maybe that's the reason for him to be a closed book not letting anyone in.

"You like being on your own?"

He didn't say a word he just huffed and turned his head just enough to see me out of the corner of his eye. "I wouldn't say I like it but I prefer it."

"I understand sometimes it's nice just to get some peace and quiet and not be around the hassle of the group although you have your guard up constantly."

He grunted with agreement and wiped his mouth. "Think we're gonna need to start killing a few of these walkers otherwise the fence won't stand for long." He said pointing towards the east fences.

"Well I'm not doing a damn thing might as well pull my weigh and keep distracted."

"Take Glenn or Michonne with you."

"I can handle myself I have my own back."

He snorted in disbelief. "Looks like I'm keeping watch on you and the walkers."

"Whatever." I smirked walking away.

I headed to the surrounding walk way which travelled the length of the grassed yard area, to put some walkers down that were starting to damage the fence, I grabbed a pole just In case my arrow snapped and I made sure I had my knife for back up.

"Ah this never gets old prepare to die...again." I smirked plunging my arrow through the male walkers head.

I decided to stick with the pole as I didn't feel as if my arrow would hold And with that I killed at least 20 walkers I was out there for a good hour though but Daryl was right this fence needed reinforcing the weight of walkers was taking its toll and we needed all the protection we could get so we need this section to hold them off for as long as possible.

I headed back up to the prison and started to look for Rick but instead I found Daryl, he finished his watch duty and was collecting supplies for clearing out the next cell block.

"Wanna come?" He offered.

I shook my head. "Need to find Rick you were right about the fence it's breaking any more weight the walkers will be in."

"Well he is waiting for me to help him clear out the next block so might as well join." He huffed slinging his Cross bow over his shoulder.

I followed behind him and I couldn't keep my eye of his scars popping out from his ripped top, we finally arrived and the next cell block door where Rick, Michonne and Glenn were waiting.

"Rick before we go in the fence surrounding the prison is weak anymore walkers on the east side will give way and I'm not sure how long before they break through the main yard area."

"We'll reinforce the fences after we clear this block Glenn will help you find material to keep it standing and I'm sure Daryl will help you put it up."

"Who said I wanted to help?" He growled.

"I said, now Glenn open her up."

Secretly I was happy Daryl was going to help the more time I got to spend with him the better I loved his company he was just the sort of man I got along with, he hunted, he was a redneck and honestly I think I'm In love with a Dixon.

We worked our way through the next block we cleared it out but there were a few close calls we got caught up in a narrow hallway with at least 8 walkers but Rick and Daryl took them out, now two cell blocks clear we had at least a good distance from any other walkers further on in the prison but it still didn't help the problem with the outside walkers they were going to break through if we didn't fix this fence.

* 2 hours later at the fence.

"You alright?" Daryl said watching me finished up.

"Yeah I'm fine." I didn't give him eye contact I wasn't feeling so smiley anymore I went back to my emotional self from this morning.

He sighed and stood to his full height, "I'm going out for a supply run so tell Rick for me."

I nodded and watched him in the corner of my eye and sling his crossbow over his shoulder and spin on his heels and walk away as if he didn't have a care in the world.

"Hey Mia." Glenn shouted running up to me.

I sighed and turned my attention to him. "What?"

He gave a surprised look at my reaction and then spoke. "The next block has showers and we going to clear it out tomorrow so be ready."

"Yeah whatever."

Glenn gave me a look and then paused. "You okay?"

"I'm just a little distracted with it being my daughter's birthday yah know."

He smiled and let out a sigh. "Carol was talking about you saying she knows how you feel why don't you talk? You're both going through similar situations."

I scoffed at his idea but then I stopped and spoke. "Yeah maybe your right."

"Want me to tell her you're coming?"

"Um, yeah please."

I finished up reinforcing the fence and headed back to the prison I watched Daryl saddle up on his bike and Carl closed the gates behind him, you could hear the roar of his bike fade as he became more distant and it sent shivers down my spine.

I entered the prison and Carol craned her neck to see who entered and I guessed she was expecting me she gave me a sweet smile and I joined her folding the clothes, I set my bow down on the seat and started to fold Daryl's clothes.

"How you feeling now?" Carol asked I guess knowing something was up.

"Just feeling blue like this morning I felt fine when I was distracted but now I'm just reliving my memories."

She gave a sympathetic smile. "You're reliving seeing her death?"

"Not exactly she was a walker when I found her." I said trying to shake the memory.

"It's okay, I know it's hard to stop thinking about it, when my Sofia went missing I relived the moment the walker scared her to even run into the woods and then living at Hershel's farm where she was found and Rick put her down I remember every detail it didn't shift for a good month, Now I'm just occupying my mind I still have the odd thought of it."

"It's nearly been a year I just don't deal with death so well I guess."

"Mothers instinct won't fall aside just because they leave you I've ended mothering Carl and Judith since Lori passed and It haunts me."

I smiled. "I just don't have a damn thing to take my mind off her."

"May I ask where you're from? Your accent is different to the others."

"I was living in Virginia when the outbreak happened but I was brought up by my biological parents in Louisiana I was with them until the age of 6 so my accent never shifted and then I moved with my adoptive mother and father in Virginia and when I was old enough to move I lived in South Carolina."

"You have quite a story, if you don't mind me asking once again what happened to your biological parents?"

"My father was a women beater he eventually drove my mother to suicide which left me being an un-wanted child he was too busy with his tattoo shop." I said as Carol shivered.

I gave her a smile of reassurance, "You're brave women."

I smiled to accept the compliment, I turned my head as Daryl walked I'm with a full backpack he shrugged off my gazed. My eyes flicked to him and back down to what I was doing Carol smirked when she realise I was watching him.

"You still haven't made that move?"

I shook my head. "He doesn't need anyone."

Daryl's head turned slightly to try and hear what we were talking about I looked up at him and smiled, he was un-packing the supply's he had collected from his run and then Carl and Rick walked in and Ricks eyes were fixed on Daryl.

"Where'd you disappear to?" Rick questioned.

Daryl raised his eyebrows to his question, "I asked Mia to tell you."

Rick turned to me with an unimpressed face. "When did you figure on telling me?"

"I was busy okay?"

"Could have cost a life." He sighed.

I scrunched up my nose making it clear I was a little mad at myself for not realising the Danger Daryl could of got in but then again he can handle himself, I looked up at Rick as he walked into his cell where Lil ass kicker was sleeping and then turning back to watch Daryl up on the landing but I call it his perch.

Okay so 2nd chapter I'm really sorry if there's any mistakes auto correct is a pain in my butt but I have re-read this a couple times but if you find something I apologise :) I hope it wasn't that bad of a chapter but I also hope you enjoyed it. I might start adding links so you know what Mia looks like and her daughter I'm thinking on it anyways.