Chapter 25

A couple of nights ago, Derek gave me a night I will always remember and cherish. Now, I was taking an early morning run in the woods, by myself and nobody knew where I was. That's safe right. I woke and couldn't go back to sleep and plus my wolf wanted out to be she hasn't been out in a while, so here I am. If I told Derek, he would have someone go me or if I went but he still knew, he would have someone shadowing me and I couldn't have that. Speak of the devil himself, Derek was trying to contact me through pack-link, I feel him trying to claw into my mind.

"What, Derek?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Where the hell are you, Nela?!" He yelled out in my mind. "I woke up and I tore the place apart, trying to find."

"Out on a run," I calmly stated.

"And you couldn't let me know?" He asked.

"No, because you would've had someone go with me," I explained myself. "I needed some me time now, Derek."

"Whatever just come back, now," He growled, which made me mad.

"I'll come back, when you simmer down a bit, later," I cut off our connection before he could say anything else. Man, he is so clingy.

"He is our mate and an Alpha, of course, he's like that," My wolf, Jasmine said.

"I know, but I need room to breathe once in a while," I said back to my wolf. I've been running for a while, I need to stop and rest. "Speaking of breathing, I need to take a break. I see a stream just ahead."

I reached the stream and took a drink from the nice, cool, refreshing water and laid down on the soft grass. It was all nice until I heard the pounding of paws on the earth and sprang up to see where it was coming from. It was coming from the west and I bolted to what was going on. I was getting closer and a familiar scent came to my nose, along with several other scents too. The other scents belonged to wolves from my pack, but this one came from some of my old pack, but who could it be.

Arriving at the scene, I saw five-pack border guards cornering a she-wolf. I let out a bark and growled my way through the crow.

"What is going on here?" I asked through mind-link.

"Luna," They all bowed their heads at me in respect.

"Luna, we found this rouge wandering around our territory," A guard told me as he was growling at the rouge.

"Luna, does Alpha know you are here?" Another guard asked.

"He knows I am out in the woods, he doesn't know I am here, per say," I explained.

"Well, we should get you back," The same guard said.

"Wait, I want to know who we are dealing with," I said taking some steps to the she-wolf and the guards nodded in agreement.

I got closer and stopped a few feet away from the rouge, then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was June (One of Nyla's bullies from her old pack from school. If you remember her, she was in chapters 1 & 5), what was she doing here? I used my white wolf powers, so I could communicate with her.

"June, is that you?" I asked.

"Wait, Nyla? What are you doing here?" She asked, well I guess Alpha Charles didn't let anyone know what happened to Kim and me.

"I am the Luna of the Blood Moon pack now," I boldly stated. "And you are trespassing."

"I-I.." She stuttered.