Chapter 04

Derek's POV:

I can't believe this! I can't believe she got away from me!

"And not to mention that she kicked your ass too," Duncan chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up, she caught me by surprise, that's all!" I snarled at my wolf for that bad joke. "Now, how am I going to find her, her scent is to far to track."

"Well why don't you get a couple of your trackers that came to party with you and search for her?" Duncan suggested.

"That's actually not such a bad idea, even for you," I said to Duncan to piss him off and it work. Finishing the conversation with my wolf, I turned to Allen.

"You mind telling me what that was all about?" Allen asked.

"Long story short, that was my mate just a while ago," I explain clearly. "And tomorrow me, you and a couple of our trackers are going find her."

"You must have said something pretty bad to make her run off like she did," Allen raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not in the mood for jokes, got me!" I used my Alpha voice on him. Right now, I was really tick off and my wolf was, too.

"Yes Alpha," Allen lowered his head in submission. I will find her.

~~~~~

The next morning after the party. I ordered everyone to go back to our territory. Allen, Josh and Mike, two of our best trackers, and I stayed tosearch for my mate. I will bring her back with me, whether she wants to or not.

"Alright, this is simple," I stated, seeing that I had the my pack members undivided attention. "I need you to track the scent on this jacket, in order to find my mate, any questions?"

"I do, Alpha," Josh asked, hesitating to put up his hand. "Weren't we only allowed on this territory to attend the party? And if we stay any longer, doesn't that mean we are over-staying our welcome?"

Well I asked if they had any questions and I got some. I didn't feel like answering any of them though, but I had to give them some response. "Don't worry about that, for now focus on finding my mate, okay?"

They all shook their heads in agreement, so we got to work. I needed to find her or my wolf would drive me insane. To tell you the truth, I wish I could have a mate, but I can't bring her into my problems. Then again, that doesn't mean I can't keep her close and under protection.

Mike and Josh changed to their wolf forms and began tracking, while me and Allen found in our SUV. We had crossed half the town and ended up in a small neighborhood. It was calm and peaceful and I could smell the scents of multiply wolves. I mind linked Mike and Josh to come in SUV and don't draw attention to themselves.

When they got in, they changed back and started to put on their clothes.

"Didn't you find anything? Is she close?" I questioned trying to control my excitement.

"Yes, but not exactly," Mike trailed off. "The scent goes off into two directions."

"Well... We'll follow the closest," I instructed.

We followed the closest scent and ended up at a two story, red bricked house. It had a lawn full of autumn leaf covering it and giving it that natural charm. Could this be where my mate lived, well there is only one way to find out. I order Mike and Josh to stay in the SUV while me and Allen took the direct approach. We rang the doorbell, footsteps were heard, through our werewolf hearing and a girl with a hazel nut skin tone and ash black hair answered the door. I would be lying if I said she wasn't cute, but I only had eyes for my mate.

"Good morning," I greeted, through the corner of my eye in noticed Allen was spacing out as he starred at the girl. It was like he was starring at a big chunk of meat and I edged my elbow into him to wake him from his trance. "We're looking for a Nela around here, you wouldn't know her by any chance, would you?"

"Yeah. Of course I do, after all she' my best friend," She clarified. So she's a close friend of my mate. interesting. "She's not here. She lives up the street from here by a blue house, but she is probably in school by now, and so should I. My name is Kimberly, but you could call me Kim. And you guys are?"

"I'm Derek and this is Allen," I introduced us.

"Wait... Where have I heard that name befor... Oh no! It's you" She screamed realizing who we are and she attempted to lock the door.

Keyword: Attempted. Using my Alpha strength, I shoved the door open and made Kim fall to her side on the ground. I grabbed her by the neck and held her against the wall. I was getting tired of playing nice. No more! I wanted my mate and I want her now!

"Now you will tell me where my mate is or I will kill everyone in this house," I stated cold not have much patients. "Now talk!"

"Jokes on you pal, my family already left. They left me behind because I was still getting ready." She stated calmly, even though she was struggling to get air. "And you can't get me to talk, because I don't sell out my friends."

"Bad choices of words," I growled, my wolf was getting angry and I was about to snap her neck.

"Alpha stop!" Allen said, I snapped my head at his directionand he looked completely upset. I wondered why.

"Why?!" I shouted my shouted my question, how there he command me?

"Because we are only here to get your mate," He state his claim. "We are already trespassing on their soil and if we murder one of their pack members, they would declare war against us. So the best course of action is to steer clear of rash and bloody decisions."

As much as I hated to admit it, my Beta was right as usually, so I keep her alive... For now.

"You're right," I groaned, I really hate admitting to Allen, that he was right and I saw a little grin crept its way his face. "Plus, she could be useful in another way."

I dropped her to her feet and she gasped for air, might have use a little to much force, tend to do that from time to time. Only allowing her to get a few seconds of air Allen grabbed her by the arm and we carried her to the SUV. Nela, prepare to be mine.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Please leave a comment and don't forget vote. And thanks to for taking the time to read my story guyz.

;) ;) :D