Chapter 24

A little heads up guys the chapters a little long so enjoy!

We were all in the living room, just chilling out, Derek finished a boat load of paperwork so he decided to take things easy, along with Kim, Allen, Lisa and Ryder. I was sitting cozily on Derek's lap just watching T.V. Derek buried his head in my neck and started kissing it and sniffing my scent.

"You know what? We never went and I first date, haven't we?" He asked.

"Actually, no, we haven't," Man, I can't believe with accepted each other as mates and haven't gone out on a date yet. How embarrassing!

"Well we have been busy, trying to get any leads on Maverick and his rouge pack," Allen spoke up.

"And so far we haven't gotten any, why don't you guys take it easy tonight and go out," Ryder suggested.

"Hmm, it could be a good chance to spend some time with my mate and get to know her better," He looked down at me smile, making me giggle. "So what do you think, little mate?"

"Hmm, let me think, go on a date with my mate, who treated me badly, marked me by force and ignored me for a couple of weeks after he did it, or stay home and work my favorite movie." I stroked my chin and like to the side, Derek had guilt and worry in his eyes, fearing that I would say "no". I love playing with his head. "I would love to go out with you." I said, wrapping my arms around him and laid my head on his chest.

"Oh thank god, you had me worried there for a sec," Derek returned the hug and breathed a sigh of relief. "So, 7:30 tonight?"

"Sure," I confirmed. "Fancy or Casual?"

"Casual,"

"Okay,"

"Good, well Allen, Ryder and I are going to my office to call some Alphas to see if they have any sightings on Maverick, so I will see you in a little bit." He kissed me goodbye and left with Allen and Ryder following behind. Which only left Kim, Lisa and me.

"You guys want to help me get ready?" I asked, turning to my two best friends.

"Can't, I have a hair appointment later," Kim said

"And I have a manicure, not everything is about you, ya know. We want to impress our mates, too," Lisa said, as she and Kim were picking up their stuff.

"I guess your right, see you guys later," I waved goodbye.

"Bye!" They said in unison.

I'm all alone now, yay! Note the sarcasm.  Well, since everyone has something to do, expect me, I guess I'll go chill out in the garden. I walked on the path through the hedges, admiring the scene all over again. Now I know how Alice in wonderland felt the first time, when she walked into the queen of hearts' garden. I sat on a bench watching the clouds pass, I was at peace, well for a little while anyway.

I felt someone's presence behind me and I turned around to see, Dimitri. Ever since Derek and I have been getting along  like real mates, I haven't seen him around in like ever!

"Dimitri!" I squealed, giving him a bone breaking hug. "I so good to see you!"

"I-It good to s-see you to N-Nyla," He stuttered out. "Could I please have my lungs back."

"Oh, sorry," I apologized, letting him go and he gasped for air.

"Boi, you're stronger than you look," He stated.

"Well, big things come in small packages," I wised cracked him.

"Surprisingly, they do," We broke out, laughing.