Chapter 40

There stood a figure I was glad to see, Derek... He had came out kf nowhere and knocked Maverick to the ground, saving Declan's life. Maverick stood back up however and he looked enraged.

"You filthy little bastard! How there you?!" He roared out. Then I noticed that a small piece of his left ear is missing. Derek must have done that. Hmm, serves that monster right.

"Declan!" A girl around my age ran to Declan, who is still on the ground. She had similar facial features to Declan. This must be his little sister, Lotta.

"It's okay Lotta, I'm fine," Declan tried to reassure her, failed to convince her.

"No you're not! You are bleeding, it looks like you're not healing and you look like crap!"

"Ok, ok, maybe it does look bad," "Bad" is only putting mildly Declan. While Lotta checked him over, the rest of the pack started pouring out from behind the tree.

"It ends now, Maverick!" Derek boomed.

"Boy, you don't know how right you are..." As soon as Maverick said that more rogues came of the forest. Maverick must have mindlink them.

This was it, the time has come to settle things and buried the past along with these rogues.

Third Person POV

They stood there, no one dared move a muscle. It was so quite... Like the calm before the storm.

Then, Derek howled signaling his pack to attack. The pack wolves rushed toward the rogues with hate and fury. The rogues didn't waste time charge full force either.

It was chaos, wolf clawing at each other, biting each other, killing each other. It was madness. Derek kill two rogues without effort. He looked around the battlefield and his eyes landed on Maverick. The bastard killed five wolves from Derek's pack and he kill the last one with a wick, wolfy smirk on his face and made sure that Derek was watching.

This heated Derek's blood and he headed forth to end Maverick, taking out anyone that got in his way. Elsewhere on the battle, Nyla was trying to help out how she can but she was still a little fatigued from that torture section early. Never the less, this wasn't going to stop her from her duty as Luna to fight alongside her pack. Just as she was finish with this rogue, something ram her and sent her toppling down a close by slope.

When she finally stopped rolling, she disoriented and dizzy. Also her vision was spinning. But by the moment her was starting to caught herself. When she was regained her senses, she moved just in time from having her face clawed.

And guess it was, the former pack slut, Kelly. Nyla recognized that ugly fur coat anyway. Kelly shifted back to human. Assuming she want to exchange so words. Nyla felt this and shifted back too.

Kelly snicked and shifted her weight on one foot. "Well, I guess bitches aren't so graceful after all."

"Where as you are the actually bitch here," Nyla fired back.

Kelly growled at that one. "We'll see about that, when you're out of the picture, Derek will finally be mine!" She said with a sinisterly, wicked smile.

"Bring it on, whore!" Nyla taunted her with a hand gesture.

Kelly got a running start, jumped and shifted back into her wolf. Nyla followed suit and lunged for each other.

Elsewhere on the battle, Allen, Kim, Lisa and Rider, along with the rest of the pack, were working on clearing the rogues.

It seemed like they had the edge for a while but after a while it was getting rogues were gaining ground. It actually seemed like the rogue pack had grown since their last encounter with Bloodfang and Moon Claw. And it was proving to be a problem.