Chapter 14

One week later

I was sleeping peacefully, when I was roughly shaken awake. What the hell! And it was none other than Derek himself. I looked at the clock and it was 7:09 a.m.

"What the hell are you waking me up for?!" I yelled at him.

"Get up, it's time for training," He stated calmly.

"I already know how to fight, I was one of the best fighters in my pack," I reminded him. "Or do you need me to give refresher course?"

"I know what you are capable of but it better to be at the top of your game than than getting rusty."

"Fine!" I exclaimed and got out of bed. I brushed my teeth and took a shower. When I was done, I walked to my closet and picked out a pink sports bra and some black shorts. I tied on my black reeboks and went out the door.

I went to the kitchen to find Lisa sitting on one of the stool. She had a sour experience on her face and I knew immediately what was wrong.

"Let me guess, Derek?" I asked and she nodded.

"One thing I never missed when I was away was his rude awakenings." She sighed.

"I know right, what's up with that?" I felt her pain. "Anyway let's not waste our time thinking about your brother and focus on some breakfast, huh?"

She nodded in agreement and I started to cook. I made chocolate chipped pancakes, they were good but not as good as my moms, oh I miss her so much. Lisa begged to differ, she was moaning from every bite she took.

"Wow, Nyla," Lisa said with her mouth filled with pancake. "These pancakes are the best I've ever tasted!"

"Thanks, but my mom's are way better," I stated.

"Seriously?! If these are good then your mother's must taste divine!" She said and I chuckled.

"We better get moving before we're late," With that said we were out the front door.

Oh wait, I just realized something, I would have to shift in front of the whole pack and if I did then Ryder would have to, too. Oh boy! This could be a problem a problem, I mean what would the pack think? What would Derek think? Why does bad thinks always happen to me?

"What are you so worried about? I am excited to finally shine in the spotlight," Jasmine said very eagerly.

"Well you seem to be forgetting something, what if Derek doesn't like our wolf form?" I questioned. "I know he says that his only likes us, but deep down I thinks the he loves us too. So I don't want to widen the gap even more."

"Oh Nyla, just take a chance," Jasmine tempted me. "I know he will accept you, maybe not now, but he will accept you and this won't change the outcome in the slightest."

"I just hope your right," I sighed.

----------

When we arrived at the training field, it was mostly like a foot field without the goals. I saw people already practicing their combat styles in wolf form and I can say they were pretty good. I saw no one in human form, so that only mean they were only doing wolf training?

"Don't you guys do training in human form?" I asked Lisa.

"Yeah, we do, but we have days when we train in wolf form and human form. So judging by the fur and fangs, I'd say today is wolf day." Just my luck.

We walked through the crowded field and headed towards the benches, which just so happened to be where Kim was. I was so glad to see another familiar face.

"Hey, Bitch!" We greeted her.

"Hey, guys!" She yelled back. "So noticed anything different about me?" No not really, she look the same. Same hair, same face, same everything, until I got a glance at her neck and my eyes lit up like a street lights.

"OMG, Allen marked you?!" I asked and Lisa just caught on.

"Yup, he did it last night," Kim stated. "And that's not all he gave me."

"Ewww, keep your private sex life to yourself, okay?" I got grossed out.

"Hmm, Jealous," She teased me. "Allen said he'll be coming soon when he and Derek finish some business. So, Lisa, how's it going with the mate hunt? Lisa?"

Kim called Lisa but see looked like she was in a trance. We followed her gaze, only for it to land on a group of guys which Ryder is a part of. Wait! Could Ryder and Lisa be? No...

"Hey, Lisa, you okay?" I asked shaking her shoulder.

"Huh? Yeah I'm... fine," She said. "Hey Nyla? Who is that guy over there?"

"Who him?" I pointed to Ryder and Lisa nodded. "His name is Ryder. I found him and his sister out in the forest a week ago, their pack was wiped out by rouges. But right now, I think his adjusting really nicely. Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing, just haven't seen him around as all," She stated casually. Hmm, time to get the truth.

"Do you think I should ask him out?" I questioned and Lisa gave my frightened, worried look. "I mean, I can see Derek has no interest in me, so I think I should just look for someone new. He is not my mate but I think I can get some benefits from him, if you know what I mean."

"You better stay away from him you whore, he is mine! Mine!" Lisa growled at me with her eyes dark, meaning her wolf wants out.

"Ah ha! I knew it! I knew he was your mate!" I said cheerfully.

"Oh! you got me, I think he is my mate," Lisa admitted in defeat.

"Honey, why didn't you want to say anything?" Kim asked bring her into a hug.

"I don't know, I was kind of scared, so I clammed up," Lisa said. "I was even afraid that he would rejected me."

"Lisa, trust me, Ryder is a good guy I can tell," I reassured her. "And if he has the balls to reject you then you can leave his wolfy ass to Kim and me. We will set him straight."

"Thanks, you guys are such good friends," Lisa laughed. "Well, here goes nothing."

But before Lisa could get out of her seat, we heard the sound of a whistle and thanks to our werewolf hearing it hurt like a bitch. After that, a huge man with broad shoulders walked up. He looked like he was in his thirties.

"Good morning, to all of you, my name is Ben Weller," He introduced himself. "But you can call my Coach. Today, we are going to be working on our wolf combat, so when you hear your name step up and another person will be pitted against you."

And just like that Derek and Allen make an appearance. Allen went straight to Kim and pecked her on the cheek while Derek stayed where he was keeping his distance.

"Alright, first up for this match is Kelly Daniels and Nyla Summers," Just my luck, had to be up first.

I walked to the empty field waiting for my opponent. To my disgust, I saw this slutty girl walking to the field, she kind of reminded me of Ashley in a way, now there's a scary thought.

"You ready to get trashed?" Kelly asked with a smirk.

"You wish," I said calmly. Okay, time to show my wolf I was hoping everything turns out well.

"Okay, began!" Ben yelled out.

I saw Kelly shifted into a dirty colored brown wolf and bared her fangs at me. Well it's my turn, I shifted into my white colored, black paws, ears and tipped tailed wolf. I heard and saw everyone gasping, even Derek was surprised. I heard side comments like 'she's a white wolf' and 'whoa unreal'. Ben face didn't looked that shocked but his eyes were widened. But not like everybody else, Kelly didn't let my wolf get to her and lunged for me.